PDA

View Full Version : Secret combos help

firefly
01-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Hi again.
I have this small question, how do you use the same secret combos in one map?, is very annoying to have to set the secret combos for each room I make, and I use a LOT (and I really mean a LOT) of multiple secret combos, so any help could really boost me in making the quest.

http://www.geocities.com/mdzi_8/zelda025.bmp

Pineconn
01-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Unfortunately, there is no Set All for secret combos, and you can't copy secret combos with a screen, so I'm going to have to say that there is no solution to your inconvenience. :(

firefly
01-08-2006, 03:24 PM
But how about 2.10test.qst? most of the screens have the same secret combos, I think this is somehow involved with screen 83 and 84, but I've tried drawing there with cave tiles and other stuff but nothing works.

Shoelace
01-08-2006, 03:45 PM
You can just place one tile on a screen for example a grass tile. Then just put all of the secert combos on the screen. Then copy and paste all of the screen where you want the same secert combos. Since there is only one grass tile on the screen it is easy to edit over it. That is my way if I needed to do that.

firefly
01-08-2006, 04:18 PM
I sorry for being an *** in this but this doesn't work with me, I set the secret flags 16-31 on the secret combos menu on one screen, but when I copy the screen and paste it, the secret combos in the secret combos menu on the pasted page dissapear, what the...?

MarioBrosCom
01-09-2006, 07:21 PM
You have to assign the misc secret tiles for each screen. Sorry. For now, you have to do it all manually, but you'll probably be able to copy them in a future version.

firefly
01-14-2006, 10:58 AM
HEHE... I found a way, first set all the secret combos on the screen and copy it, then Edit-->Adv. Paste-->Paste all to all, and now you have all the secret combos on all the screens, Is best to do this if you're just beggining the quest.

Zelda_Warrior
01-14-2006, 11:36 AM
well with regular copy you dont copy the scret combod, just the flag.

and why do you need so many secret combos o.o

firefly
01-14-2006, 12:02 PM
I use like 4 or 5 under combos per screen, (as seen in the screenshot at the top of the page), that's the reason.

However, I had a little problem, I made a screen and all the layers of the screen (except 0) were on all pages!!!, and the layers were supposed to be on maps 27,28,29,30,31 and 32, If I change a combo in there, the move also affects the first page, I had to delete them all except for the first screen (fortunately, the first screen were intact after this, only the layers were deleted).

Rakki
01-15-2006, 12:09 AM
I know you've solved your problem already, but as you probably saw "Paste all" is the way to copy secret combos from one room to another. You don't HAVE to "Paste all to all" to get the secret combos in other rooms though, you can simply "Paste all" in the rooms that you need the secret combos copied to. Of course, if most of the map is going to use them anyway, I guess you may as well paste all to all. :p

Edit: Oh yeah, and as for your new problem, when you "paste all" it pastes EVERYTHING from the copied room. Not just under and secret combos, but also room type, string, guy, layers used, etc. So if you copied a room that uses layers, those layers are going to be copied and set to the rooms in which you pasted all.

firefly
01-15-2006, 12:13 AM
Yes, that may save me the pain I had to delete all the screens on the map, "paste all" may be better than using "paste all to all".

EDIT: Oh, that may be the reason for all those problems I had, at least that can be useful to make certain cutscenes.