PDA

View Full Version : Cool tricks to do with the "Reset Room" combo

idontknow
01-04-2006, 12:43 AM
Another brainstorming topic. Let's list neat tricks & ideas to do with the 'Reset Room" combo in 2.11 beta 6.

I'll start:

1) Have an 'infinite' item gain: You can put a secret item in a treasure chest, such as a bomb or potion or what have you, and then have a reset combo that link is forced to walk over when he leaves the room. Come back, and you can collect the item again, for as many times as you want!

2) Have a sorta 'timed task' without having timed warp. You can have a first trigger..what this does is then make a target appear (trigger #2). When the first trigger appears, it also makes invisible combos that eventually cycle to 'reset room' appear too! (either on layer 0 with the floor on layer 1, or on layer 0 disguised as identical floor tiles) You must hit switch #2 before all the combos that link can walk on turn to reset room combos, in such case that he must retrigger the first combo again & try once more.

3) they can be used creatively with block puzzles. Now you can have blocks that move back to there original position without leaving the room! Perhaps you have a series of blocks, you move them, but then you move on a rest room combo & now your surrounded by the blocks!

4) Perhaps they can be used with custom bosses somehow. Maybe if you don't defeat the boss before a certain phase, the room resets and the boss attacks again!

What uses can you think of for this combo?

Freedom
01-04-2006, 12:54 AM
I made a room with 2 switches that link has to step on to open the door, which close as soon as he steps off of them, requiring him to push the statues on them to hold the doors open.
(Like in LTTP)

how it works;
Pushing the statues remove the "reset room" tile replacing it with the undercombo.
floor on layer 1 to hide the reset room combo and to keep the floor looking right as the statues are pushed.
block triggers on switches, pressed switch on layer 1 in secret combo 16.
switch is a temp trigger.

the one downside to doing 2 switches is when link steps on one, they both go down, other then that it works perfectly.

idontknow
01-04-2006, 01:16 AM
Ah! Cool, i was wondering about something like that!

drkptrs1975
01-11-2006, 06:16 PM
How do you do the reset combo.

firefly
01-11-2006, 06:18 PM
only in 2.11, it's a combo type.

Zelda_Warrior
01-12-2006, 08:35 PM
i dont remember seing such a combo when i looked at 2.11

while i was gone for a few months all of this new stuff is going on o.o

and im so used to 183

Rakki
01-13-2006, 03:08 AM
Off the top of my head, having not used version 2.11 before, I thought of having a room with a bridge or such that you have to press a switch to trigger it, then it "collapses" after you walk across it. Could be used in a room with like, the hookshot, so that you have to actually USE it right after you get it. :tongue:

I've also thought of the two-switch idea before, though I actually got it working using a tile-warp, in either 2.10 or beta 184, I forget which. You had to push a block onto the one switch and then go step on another to get the door to open. The switches even got held down independantly. The only problem was that the block went back to it's starting position if Link stepped on the block-trigger switch. So I set up the block so that you were only able to push it when you weren't able to go step on the switch without leaving the room. I split the room in half, of course, and you were only able to push the block from the right side. :tongue: More advanced switches, in the future of course, would be much better for these multi-switch puzzles, though.

Zelda_Warrior
01-13-2006, 07:14 PM
i made a puzzle very simmilar to that in 183, but you first had to defeat all of the enemies on the screen to get the block trigger to appear.

i just got 2.11 and now im looking at whats new

Nimono
01-16-2006, 10:57 PM
I am a bit confused here. Where has this 2.11 ZC version come from? I didn't see one on the downloads page....

DeFray
01-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Click HERE (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=89614) and look for my post about v2.11.

idontknow
01-17-2006, 01:54 PM
You can do over & under bridges in the same room with this combo now, using a bit of trickery.

Place the bridge on layer 3, above where Link can swim. Then set secret flags for each part of the bridge Link can walk on for layer 1 and on layer 3 simply put a bunch of flag 16s on the bridge & set its secret combo to a completely transparent tile. Then put trigger combos on a bunch of spaces next to the bridge where Link is forced to walk over them in order to get to the bridge. This will move the bridge from being 'over link' to being 'under him'. Now place reset combos on a bunch of spaces wear Link can enter water where Link would be forced to step on these combos in order to reach the water. Now when Link goes back into the water, he swims under the bridge.

Rakki
01-17-2006, 05:49 PM
As far as I can remember, that trick is usable in 2.10, idontknow. :p It just involves some trigger combos and secret combos that link back and forth to each other.