PDA

View Full Version : Help, I am completely new to this and have no idea what i am doing!

TrekkiesUnite
01-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Title pretty much hits the nail on the head. One thing I would really like to know though is I downloaded a bunch of tiles from purezc.com and I don't know how to get them into the editor.

raptorscyther
01-01-2006, 08:05 PM
First check out the AlphaDawg's and idontknow's tutorial for tons of information regarding ZQuest. (idonkknow's one is Stickied at the top of this page)

For importing tiles:
If you downloaded a tileset, it's most likely in .qst format so just open it up, delete the screens and work from there.
If they were loose tiles, in Zquest go, Quest -> Graphics -> Tiles.
Find an empty space and press the "Grab" button.
Press "File" and select either the .til, .zgp or an image file (some formats are no good, .bmp works)

TrekkiesUnite
01-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Ok I did that but what do I do to get the tiles to look right becuase some of the tiles I would like to use are from Link to the Past so not all the colors show up or they don't look right, I have looked at the tutorials and they didn't really answer this question specifically.

firefly
01-01-2006, 09:36 PM
Have you pressed the + or - keys so you can find a matching CSet, if that doesn't work you must have a Link to the past tileset that can be found in purezc.com

TrekkiesUnite
01-01-2006, 09:42 PM
I just tried to + and - keys and they didn't bring up a matching pallette. When I click the PAL button they look normal but I cant keep them looking this way, yes they are from purezc.com what affect does that have on it?

firefly
01-01-2006, 10:30 PM
In purezc.com click on tilesets and search "link to the past", but you will not be able to do it today.

TrekkiesUnite
01-01-2006, 11:47 PM
I also have another problem, I did what you told me to do to get the tiles into the program and I can see them but I can't use them to make my quest. What else do I have to do to make them usable?

firefly
01-02-2006, 11:47 AM
They aren't in combos right?, (the combos are the ones at the right part of the screen) if they aren't left click on an empty slot (they are the red ones) and then click on the first square at the top and select the tile you want to use, press + or - to bring a matching CSet and in the second square click on the parts of the tile that you want to be unwalkable.

TrekkiesUnite
01-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Ok, I've got all those problems solved (atleast I think I do). My question now is How do I make it so you can use doors to go in and out of houses?

firefly
01-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Press F6 to bring the door menu and select the door you want to use and select which type of door you want.

TrekkiesUnite
01-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Ok, another question, in Zquest all of my map shows up yet when I play it in the game it cuts some of it off, What can I do to fix this?

firefly
01-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Go to quest-->Dmaps and select the current Dmap for the screen you are, then select Subscreen Maps and press on "before map" and select the top left tile of the ones you want to be the map, For example:
This one
\/
l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l

sorry, this got all messed up...

TrekkiesUnite
01-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Even if its the Overworld map?

firefly
01-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Yes, this works even if it is an overworld map.

TrekkiesUnite
01-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Ok I did that and when I go to before map I have the option of large or small and when I click on one of them I am shown all the sprites and tiles I have. What am I supposed to do from here.

Also I accidentally put Links starting spot in the wrong place and I need to move it to a completely different screen on a completely different area of the map, how to I delete the current start spot so I can place the new one, becuase when I just try to place a new one it doesn't get rid of the old one and it just keeps using the old one.

DeFray
01-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Setting Link's starting screen is in the DMap options. Go to the DMap you're starting Link on, and check the Continue Here box, and put the screen you want Link to start on in the other Continue box. Then just set your green square on that screen and you're good to go.

firefly
01-02-2006, 09:47 PM
You must search for the map sprites and select this one:

This one
\/

sorry, this got all messed up...

TrekkiesUnite
01-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Ok that problem is solved, but I now have another. In my quest I have some houses and when I make them as a cave in Zquest like the tutorial said to do they look fine and exactly how I want them to, but when I go into the game and enter one of the houses the colors are all messed up, what can I do to make them look right?

firefly
01-02-2006, 10:00 PM
You must have a Dmap for the house if it isn't on screen 80, In Dmaps select appareance and select DMap color and select the color you want to use in the house, also the door that sends you to the house must have a tile warp that warps to the DMap that the house is using.

TrekkiesUnite
01-02-2006, 10:02 PM
But it is on screen 80.

rocksfan13
01-02-2006, 11:44 PM
Then you must create it off of screen 80.

Screen 80 will always use the caves color option.