PDA

View Full Version : Inside View of Iraq

Brasel
01-01-2006, 06:44 PM
My signal officer, Captain Vea, who goes by VNutz online, has posted this webpage. He made a little photographic article about patrolling in Iraq. Theres some other stuff on the site as well, but I thought this would be the most interesting for you guys.

http://www.geocities.com/mvea/patrollingiraq.htm

biggiy05
01-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Just over half way done with it and I like it. You get a true glimpse of what life in Iraq is like compared to a news reporter going on and on about the same thing every day.

Drunken Tiger
01-01-2006, 09:02 PM
That was a great webpage... I wonder if he is going to write another one any time soon..

Those are some pics that we rarely see on tv.. Well, we dont hear about much over here anymore..

:shrug:

gdorf
01-02-2006, 04:47 PM
I really enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.

ShadowTiger
01-02-2006, 05:35 PM
"... And a sewage nightmare that threatens to consume us all." ~ The Simpsons.

Indeed.

I never knew that about the helicopter and the flares though. That's just really clever then. Does seem like a slight waste of flares, but hey, better safe than sorry. =/

I was happy to hear about the fertile land though. I used to think the entire area was all sand, dust, and little mites.

algam86
01-03-2006, 08:43 PM
I was happy to hear about the fertile land though. I used to think the entire area was all sand, dust, and little mites.Iraq? No. It's like, right on top of Mesopotamia (also known as the Fertile Crescent). Really good land there. Of course, it's only between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, so most of it is probably desert. But, yeah, there is fertile land.

I'm at the part right after stating how hard it is for tall soldiers to fit in a humvee (just started). I haven't heard much about it lately, and it's good to know things are still improving over there.

SixTen
01-03-2006, 10:21 PM
That is a really good web page. Let us know if any more show up.

Toolie
01-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Hmm, no mention of intentional murdering of reporters or children, or shooting innocent civilians at checkpoints. Damn the Geneva convention! Right?

Brasel
01-05-2006, 02:09 AM
There haven't been any intentional killing of anyone who wasn't an obvious threat. I could say a lot more about that, because quite honestly, it really burns me up that someone could be such an ignorant hippie, but I really don't want to get into some pointless argument with someone that I know won't change their mind. Fuck you, Toolie.

Gerudo
01-05-2006, 02:16 AM
wow toolie, talk about ignorant.

anyways, that was a very insightful page, tony. i know all of us wish you and the rest of the troops a safe journey, although we know it cant be that way due to the nature of insurgents and all that jazz (nightmarish reality, i hate it).

goKi
01-05-2006, 02:34 AM
Knock it off guys. This isn't the place for that discussion.

Toolie
01-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Well, maybe you can come here and call a wounded honorably discharged Army ranger and my two USMC friends from my hometown who came back recently ignorant. I'm sure they'd love to talk to you man, they can't stop telling me how horrible it is over there - horrible as in human rights out the window when it comes to innocent civilians. Human rights like being instructed that it's alright if you kill civilians if they're somewhat infront of you because that's a technical crossfire kill and you can't be held accountable. Human rights like being encouraged to target Arabian reporters in that fashion. Or driving along and having fun shooting traffic on the highway. Or the contractors. Maybe you can swap stories with them. I'm sure they'd like to show you how ignorant we are.