PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of the Colossus

ONeilcool
12-31-2005, 07:35 PM
Back of the game: Experience an unforgettable journey into a land forgotten by time...a seamless world filled with miles of majestic terrian... a story of companionship and undying love... and the mythical giants to discover, unearth, & destory.

I couldnt of said it better myself. This game is one of a kind, I've never seen anything like it. Simply put, Its a game with only boss monsters. The object of the game is to hunt down 16 massive monsters(or Coloussus) in a beautiful,vast land. In the end you must get something. It doesn't really tell you the story, So I dont really know what you get. You have to figure it out on your own. Its not the kinda game that has 500 tutorials, it throws you in the middle of the story and expects you to know what to do. Alittle confusing at first, but once you get the hang of it its pretty simple.

I bought it for only 40$ new, compared to the normal 50$ and its not an old game its, only been our for a few months. Id say buy it because it an amazing, original game. It's hard to find original games these days. Any questions about the game Ill be happy to answer to the extent of my knowledge.

Grasshopper
12-31-2005, 10:53 PM
I haven't played this game...yet. I have it. I got it as a Christmas present, I've just been a bit consumed by other things at the moment.

I will say if you played this game and you like it, you should check out this team's game before this. ICO was an equally good game, and is also original. Awesome. Which is pretty much what prompted me to want this game. :)

Brasel
01-01-2006, 06:09 PM
I have this game, and like Grasshopper, I haven't played it yet. My roomate really really enjoyed it though. I plan on playing it when I'm waiting to go on leave when I get back to the states.

Samson007
01-01-2006, 09:25 PM
My buddy got this game for christmas and cant stop talking about it. He says its pretty sweet. He says he plugged this one guy with a ton of arrows and they were all sticking out of his leg. I have not seen the game in action, but it sounds fun.

AlexMax
01-01-2006, 11:00 PM
I tried playing the demo, but the absolutely horrid controls kinda made the part when you try to climb the colossus not fun at all. Movement is fine, but grabbing hold of things and such is not intuitive at all.

Was fun riding around pointlessly, though.

Eckels
01-01-2006, 11:58 PM
they seem to be talking about this game every time i flip past g4 on the television.

I've been meaning to check it out but haven't had the opportunity.

Cloral
01-02-2006, 12:59 PM
My friend has this and I was watching him play it. It's the sort of game where you can get involved just watching it as you suggest ways that the person playing might try to attack the colossus. Each battle isn't just a fight, it's a puzzle. Each colossus is so big you can't just walk up to it and slash away at it, you have to look for its weak spots and find ways to climb up them in order to reach those spots. For instance, in one battle you have to go run and hide in this little underground area and wait for the colossus to come looking for you. Then you can run out the entrance and jump up to these rope-like structures hanging from its head.
I can't comment on the controls since I didn't actually play it, but the game had a very epic look and feel to it.

Saffith
01-07-2006, 11:30 PM
The controls are fine, although you do have to get used to the fact that the protagonist doesn't have the superhuman abilities most characters do.
Just won the game a little while ago. I'll probably start on hard mode tomorrow.
The last guy's a real bastard, though. He's the largest by far, and even when you figure out how to beat him, he's tough to hang on to. And the fall hurts a lot.
Eh, I guess I don't have much to say, other than that anyone who still hasn't tried it needs to hurry the hell up.

ONeilcool
01-08-2006, 02:28 AM
haha i just beat it today too, I fell off the last guy too many time to count it was so annyoing. I was thinking about this, anyone whos played the game can answer, if all 15 colussi (-the last one he is alittle unfair) who do you think would win. I think number 3 would win because he had what seemed to be the most powerful weapon, if were up against other colussi.

Grasshopper
01-09-2006, 06:29 PM
Well, I got WoW for Christmas and have been playing the heck out of it while I'm not in school, but not my graphic card in my good computer died, and you can't really play anything if you can't see it. So, I've been playing the heck out of We :heart: Katamari, and this game. I just beat the colossus thats in the lake. My favorite so far would have to be the bird.

The colossus thats underground about killed me with his stomping. I tried running under his feet. The guy stomped the ground which of course made me fall. Then every time I got up, he stomped again. I thought I'd never get out from under his feet. :laughing:

This game is really astonishing, and IMO looks just as good as anything on the next-gen system. Not so much the models, or texture quality. But just the whole visual style of this game. The way the blooming is done just right, the motion blur, the feeling of fast motion, executed very well while riding the bird; its all done with so much attention to the finer details.

I would love to see what this team of developers will pull off with the Playstation 3.

The thing that bug me so far is probably the horse. The controls while I'm on the horse just seem a bit too unresponsive. It's hard to get Agro to go where I want him to. It's hard to get him to run, and its hard to get him to stop. I've just given up. If I want to stop quickly, I just jump off of Agro. Beats pulling back on the analog stick until it breaks off. :rolleyes: