PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Arena Fight?

DefEdge
12-31-2005, 04:18 PM
I'm here to answer any questions you may have about it. :)

Yuke blackhawk
12-31-2005, 05:24 PM
I have a question,how did you get the form thing to work?

DefEdge
12-31-2005, 06:02 PM
I have a question,how did you get the form thing to work?

Form thing? For submitting a quest?

All I did was fill out the info like it asked for. Make sure you have a file somewhere that you can link to, and that they can DL without it corrupting on them. Yahoo corrupted my zip files for some reason, so I went to Zelda Classic Forum (http://www.zeldaclassicforum.com). You can upload a file there after registering (which is free). Then you could use Photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com/) to upload your best screenshots to submit. It took about a week for them to put my quest up.

Yuke blackhawk
12-31-2005, 09:20 PM
LOL I mean the registration form in the game the one you have to give to the old lady

DefEdge
12-31-2005, 09:42 PM
OH!

:laughing:

It's just a bait item.

Yuke blackhawk
12-31-2005, 09:54 PM
OHHH!! I get it! the room type is "feed the goron" or whatever! LOL

DefEdge
01-01-2006, 01:06 AM
Yep. Nobody really uses bait as 'bait' really except to feed that danged goriya anyway.

dafeedil
01-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Ok, I'm in arena 1, how do I get rid of the "F" block that's in front of the stairs?

never mind, I bought the candle from the shop, that did it, duh!

DefEdge
01-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Heh, I hate to say it, but you didn't have to buy the candle, you could of found it in lvl 1. You just needed the boss key to get it.

dafeedil
01-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Yeah, duh, I figgered that out!! :rolleyes:

where's the reg to get into arena 2? I've been all through the woods, and I couldn't find it.

I'm in lvl 2, but I've been in every room possible, but I can't find the step ladder, can you help? thanks

DefEdge
01-02-2006, 04:23 AM
Try bombing the west wall in the room with the Dodongos. That wall might be weak. Just maybe. *wink*

emillissauer
01-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Really enjoying your quest, but i can't seem to find the boss key for level 3. PLease help?

Also, not sure if i missed something, but should i have the bow already.

DefEdge
01-03-2006, 08:40 PM
Yes, try bombing downward in the room where you got the compass, then try bombing the walls in that room.

emillissauer
01-04-2006, 12:20 AM
CAn you help me find the entrance to lvl 6?

DefEdge
01-04-2006, 03:50 AM
It's on the screen with the 4 unlit torches. You need the red candle to open it.

There is a second entrance above it, where you find the blue crystal. You'll need the item in lvl 6 to open it though.

emillissauer
01-04-2006, 10:22 AM
I must have missed something. Where do i get the red candle?

elise
01-04-2006, 11:37 AM
For the red candle, there is an abandoned shop whith a closed door . You'll need that super bomb from lvl 5 to get in :)

emillissauer
01-04-2006, 01:34 PM
I figured that shop out, man that was tough.

emillissauer
01-04-2006, 02:29 PM
What is the secret for how to get the map and compass from the advanced armory? I got the sword but not the map. Is there anything else in there?

Crackers
01-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Can someone please tell me where the registrattion for lv3 is and also the location of the bow? I posted in another forum but hopefully someone online now will answer. :rolleyes: :)

emillissauer
01-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Wow this quest keeps on stumping me. I need help getting to the right side of lv 6. I get to a room that would seem to get me there, but it warps me back to the begining. Help please.

rocksfan13
01-04-2006, 03:47 PM
The registration for lv 3 is a burned window close to the arena. There is a fence that is on fire there.

Also, casn't find the abandonded armory. What am I missing?

Crackers
01-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Found the registration but still can't find the bow. Read and earlier post and will try to bomb somemore walls. Can't remember where the compass was. :( but will bomb away, after I get some more of course. :)

DefEdge
01-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Ok, wow, quite a bit happened while I was at work.

The abandoned armory on the first island is found on the west side near the south. You have to go through a lost woods maze to get through it. The moblin that sells the directions is one screen up from the actual screen with the armory. Burn one of the bushes.

The bow in lvl 3 is found by bombing into the triforce room, then bombing the sides of the room.

For the right side of lvl 6, you need to find a screen with a blue crystal in the middle of it, then use the item you found in lvl 6, the wand, to open the path to the right side.

The map and compass in the advanced armory are found by bombing upward in the room with the red wizzrobes. You'll also find a very valuable item in that part.

Anything I missed?

Blackbun
01-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Ok, where's the reg slip for lvl. 2. I'm burnin everything I can think of. Thanks!

emillissauer
01-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Can someone tell me where i can find the book before i start lvl 8.

No worries i found it.

DefEdge
01-04-2006, 08:03 PM
The registration form is under a bush near the arena entrance, one screen up, if that will help narrow it down. Only 2 full sized trees are burnable, and they are found in the advanced island.

You passed the book on the way to the advanced armory. You need the hookshot to get to the stairs.

Crackers
01-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the help. I found all the items I need and am now going for lv6. Had to come back and do some reading to get directions and re-read about the red candle. I don't know why I didn't play this quest through before because its a lot of fun. Good job. My only question right now is....... there is a lot of area between dungeons......... are there any or very many items hiding under bushes and trees?

DefEdge
01-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Unfortunately no. I wish I had some in, but the whole planning the overworld was tough. I'm better at dungeons than overworlds.

There are a few things floating around. By the end you should have use of 28 bombs total. Some places have money stashed away, but it's best found with the use of the Lens of Truth. However, due to me not knowing how to make the lens of truth work effectively until too late, it's a bonus item that's found on your way to lvl 9.

emillissauer
01-05-2006, 02:11 AM
Where can i find the mirror shield? is it in lvl 8, or do i have to swim for it? If i have to swim can you tell me where?

DefEdge
01-05-2006, 02:27 AM
The mirror shield is found on the way to lvl 9. It's a legendary item. Along with the master sword, fire boomerang, and the gold ring.

To reach the path to lvl 9, you need to follow the north path from the drop point that lets you reach lvl 7. So instead of going down, you follow the mountain on the north part.

emillissauer
01-05-2006, 06:04 AM
How do I get to the boss door in cave level 3?

Crackers
01-05-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm in lv6 but the blue wizzes keep kicking my butt. I found the advanced armory but can't find the key to open the boss door. I see a room where there are blocks in the corner with a B on them. I tried bombs, red and black but that didn't work. What do I use? I don't have enough power to beat all the blue wizzes in lv6. Where can I get the wallet to buy the mirror shield or where can I get a sword upgrade? I have the white sword. Anyway, I need a bit of help. I think you did a good job on the quest. I've never made one so your one up on me. :)

DefEdge
01-05-2006, 04:13 PM
The boss door for caves 3, you have the 3 eyeballs watching you. There is an item found on that spot. Place that item on the spot.

The boss key is found by bombing south in the room with the boss door. To get the blocks out of the way, you need to kill the manhandla, then bomb the blocks that are in the way. The B blocks in the corners are to show that you need bombs to open the path.

Sword upgrade is in the advanced armory along with the boots. The big wallet is in lvl 8. Mirror shield is on the mountain, so you probably mean the magic shields that you can buy in various places on the advanced island.

emillissauer
01-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Can you be more specific because i am totally stumped. I also probably already picked up the item, and i can't find the room your talking about.

DefEdge
01-05-2006, 04:28 PM
You are probably talking about the lvl 5 clone. There is 3 sets of rooms, each with an eyeball. They follow your movements around. Those 3 eyeballs line up on a specific point. If you place a bomb on that point in the room, you'll open the path.

WindStrike
01-05-2006, 05:20 PM
This will sound pretty sad, but I've looked as well as I can for level 5 (i read in the purezc forums it was south of two torches next a mountain, but I never found it from there). Any hints other than it's south of the two torches?

emillissauer
01-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Should i have the mirror shield and the last level sword before i enter the fairy lair. I saw them inside the mountain but could never reach them. if so can you tell me how to get them. thanks.

I got the the mirror wizzrobes on the 3rd floor and i need the mirror shield to beat them.

Mad Steve
01-05-2006, 09:15 PM
How do I get past the room of many blocks in the passage to the advanced island?

DefEdge
01-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Nah, it's not sad Windstrike. The entrance is hidden under the leaves one screen down from the bombable cave.

The fairy lair emil? Are you talking about the fairy prison? To reach the shield, you need to get the master key fom inside the mountain and then beat the boss through the door in the upper left hand corner. When you kill him, you'll get the fire boomerang, and the chests will open.

You'll need the magic boomerang to hit that lone block in the corner. You'll find that boomerang in the ransacked jewelry shop.

emillissauer
01-05-2006, 11:04 PM
I beat the quest. Job well done. Challenging and fun. A few things were a little random for me, I would have liked the lens a little earlier. Bot overall nice job.

DefEdge
01-06-2006, 01:15 AM
Ahh, yep. At least they were marked with skulls. :)

Mad Steve
01-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Ah, nuts. Why did you have to make it impossible to get through the fifth arena (and by "impossible" I of course mean "by any method I've tried thus far")? I've got the super bomb, the flute, and the boss key. I just can't get to the top of the level. I can't walk through any walls (other than the ones I had to walk through to get the flute), and I can't bomb any walls. I read that the super bomb was required at a later point, and I'm not all that keen on spending 200 on another one. :angry:

DefEdge
01-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Ok, hold on a sec. Don't panic. You just got the whistle, try blowing it in the room you had to hand your registration form in. :)

Crackers
01-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Help..... I can't find the book so I can't go an farther. I can't remember where the advanced armory is either and the hint was it was on the way to that location. Anyway, I'm stuck for now.

DefEdge
01-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Ok, remember those 2 torches in the wooded area where lvl 5 is? You burned those 2 to open the path to the advanced armory. On the way, you saw a block and a stairway. Use your hookshot to cross the lava.

Crackers
01-08-2006, 12:15 AM
Thanks Defedge. I figured it out on my own. Isn't that the way? I finished lv8 and since I have the flippers now I went to the area where you go down stairs and cross the water. There is a block wall across the water. Hope this helps to tell you where I am. Anyway, I went in the door and the guy said he hopes I have the flippers and hookshot. Problem is I can't get past the blocks. There is a torch that I tried to light with the wand... I also have the book but it wouldn't light, and I used every other item I have on the blocks too but can't get them to move. I read in Elises forum that you need the wand and book but they don't work. So, I need help again. Almost done though :laughing: What item is suppose to be next to the hammer? I have a blank place there.

DefEdge
01-08-2006, 02:13 AM
Next to the hammer is the lens of truth.

Remember that there is a snake next to that torch, and he's trapped. Try tossing a wand spell at that snake while he's there.

Crackers
01-08-2006, 01:54 PM
I figured that out after a couple of tries. Thanks.

DefEdge
01-08-2006, 06:14 PM
I didn't want to shove the torch against the wall that time. And also it makes you look carefully at your surroundings without busting in and going "GRRR! LINK SMASH!" all the time. :D

elise
01-08-2006, 06:40 PM
yeah you better don't do that with this Quest
Don't ask me how I know :laughing:

zcjer
01-09-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm here to answer any questions you may have about it. :)

I have the bow from level 3. how do I get arrows?

DefEdge
01-09-2006, 03:57 PM
The arrows are also found in lvl 3. You need to find all the keys to get into that side door on the way to the boss. Try killing the monsters in the room with the 1 red darknut, 2 blue darknuts, and 1 peahat.

dbscar
01-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Can someone tell me where level 2 is?
Thanks

elise
01-09-2006, 07:37 PM
totally on the most east south screen

zcjer
01-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Where is level 4?????

Cannot find it anywhere? I went northeast, but no level 4?

Crackers
01-10-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm having a big problem. I am in Fiends lair and the red bubbles took all my powers except the sword. Now I can't use my other stuff to continue. There aren't any blue bubbles close. So what do I do now? :banghead: Also was I suppose to get anything in the 4 caves besides hearts? I have the shield, sword and gold ring. I was having sooooo much fun until now. :(

DefEdge
01-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Lvl 4 is found in the swamp. You need the raft to get over the darker water.

There is one blue item re-enable bubble in the next room after the darknuts. You have the room full of the reds, then a darknut room, then a room with darknuts and one blue. You may need to save and restart the game. You should get your items back.

If you are desperate to get it back, you can always leave the dungeon, head for caves set 1, and hit the room on the right side. There are 3 sword re-enablers and 3 item re-enablers.

Saint Jim
01-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Ok I am now stuck in arena 6 I lit the 4 torches to get in, and got the registration and all that, I can get to maybe half of the dugeon if that. You mentioned on another forum that there is another entrance to this arena and that you get an item in the first part to get to the second entrance.

Please help, I can't find the item in the first part and where is the second entrance????

Edit: Here is a screeny of the map and what I have explored so far. I found a couple rooms by bombing a wall as well but still no item or master key.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/saintjim1979/zelda002.jpg

Also 1 more question. The fairy prison, I have explored most of the map and kinda dead end at the boss door, I have gotten the map n compass but can't find the boss key.

Thanks in advance for all your help. This is by far the best custom quest around, good job man I hope to see more of your work in the future.

DefEdge
01-11-2006, 09:32 AM
You might need to bomb south or walk through the wall to the south into more of those rooms on the west side of the dungeon. The second entrance is located near the first entrance, you'll find a blue crystal in the middle of a tree mass. You'll need the item from lvl 6 to hit that crystal.

For the fairy prison, there is a walkthrough wall on the west side in the room with the 6 armos.

Thanks, I have 2-3 more quests in the planning stages right now.

Saint Jim
01-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the info but I found out both last night and it is so addicting that I stayed up like forever till I beat it.

Good Job, my only suggestion is maybe better ending. Of course I understand this was your first one but my suggestion is maybe more animation and whatnot at the end, and maybe like a twist that leads to next storyline or something.

Will definitly be looking for your next works.

DefEdge
01-11-2006, 04:00 PM
I really wanted a much better ending actually, but I was running out of time. We're having to move shortly, and I'm not a really good pixel artist.

The next Arena Fight won't be the same as this one. It's designed to take place somewhere else and will look different.

There was a ton of things I wanted to do with the game, but it is my first title and everything, so I didn't want to get in over my head.

dbscar
01-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Can someone telll me about the abandon shop, i seem to be surrounded in lava and can't get anywhere, hints?

Thanks

VI3T_DR@GON
01-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Nice quest. I like the Arena style, like the coliseum in FF6. Im gonna play it now.

DefEdge
01-12-2006, 04:24 PM
The abandoned shop with the lava has a specific order.

The first room, probably the one you're talking about, you need to bomb the blocks. Next, use an arrow on the 'A' blocks. Then you'll need the magic boomerang.

Hmm... well, arena style may not be like the FF6 coliseum. I remember the coliseum was a place where you chose your character, bet an item, then fought a battle. If you won, you'd get a new item. It was also how you got Shadow back if you didn't abandon him in the part before the game went to the world of ruin.

The game is sorta like a Zelda quest, but it does use a different storyline than your typical Zelda. Still though, a lot of people like this quest. :)

VI3T_DR@GON
01-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Thats good, that means it was a sucess! Make more! We will play them until Freedom makes a quest that will be like God saying hi. (:D)

Mad Steve
01-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Okay, I can't find the abandoned shop where one supposedly gets the red candle. Any thoughts? I know I'll need a super bomb to get in. Of course, having the proper tools to gain entry means nothing if I don't know where to look...

DefEdge
01-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Ok, you'll need to look around outside of the lvl 5 path area. Meaning you need to blow the whistle in the right place (which is marked). Out there, you'll find a building around the northeast part of the advanced overworld that has a closed door that has a board on it, with long grass in front of it. That's the abandoned shop.

Fingolfin32
01-15-2006, 12:06 AM
I can't figure out how to get through the rooms with all the blocks in the advanced island tunnel. Do I need a special item or what?

DefEdge
01-15-2006, 01:05 AM
You'll need the magic boomerang found in the ransacked jewelry shop. :)

boram_c
01-15-2006, 01:45 AM
I am told by the Old Man at the end of Arena 1 to go SE; however, I have yet to find anything—a path to the East, a burnable tile, etc. What should this hint lead to?

Edit: I found something—East, then SE!

DefEdge
01-15-2006, 02:12 AM
Right, the entrance is SE, so head in that direction. :)

zrookie
01-15-2006, 11:09 AM
OK i've missed somethings. can you give me a hint to the hammer, hookshot, fins, and lens of truth. i'm in level six now, so maybe i'm not supposed to have any of these yet. this is a cool quest, looking forword to the next one. thanx

DefEdge
01-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Ok, if you have the magic sword, you can get the hammer now.

Hookshot, fins, and lens of truth are currently out of your reach. :)

boram_c
01-15-2006, 12:41 PM
Minor bug: If one enters the secret passage in the room with the power bracelet, there is another power bracelet in the upper-left corner of the secret passageway.

boram_c
01-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Why won't any of the F tiles in one room of the Advanced Armory respond to wand fire or candle fire?

What are the prerequisite items needed to finish the Advanced Armory?

DefEdge
01-15-2006, 07:04 PM
I know, that's a ZC bug.

I used a room that had an item as well as a passageway, and that was what ended up happening. There wasn't anything I could do to clear it up.

I do know what I did, after looking at it just now. At first, I had made a chest, which required me to set a special item with room. It wouldn't work, so I ditched the idea of a chest and went directly with the item. I also changed the room type from Special Item to (none). The thing is, I forgot to change the item itself from the special item room type to (none) as well, and left it Bracelet 1. This caused it to sit in the corner.

I have fixed this bug, and next time I need to upload the fix (I gather minor bugs up and resubmit the file to the sites) it will be repaired. In the meantime, you already have the bracelet, so a second one is not really needed. :)

JimHenso
01-15-2006, 07:54 PM
I am stuck in the level five clone. I found the boss key, but I haven't been able to find the boss door. I can't reach the last three rooms on the map. Please help.

zrookie
01-15-2006, 09:20 PM
now that i know that i'm in the area of the hammer could you be a little more specific. and also where is the boss key for lvl 6. thanx

DefEdge
01-15-2006, 10:12 PM
JimHenso: Find the 3 eyes that are near the entrance, there is one on each screen. They were looking at a spot that had a bomb sitting on it. Bomb that spot.

zrookie: The hammer is located in the Smithy Forest. You've probably seen a tree dungeon entrance with 3 bushes in front of it. You need the magic sword to break the bush in front of the door. The boss key for lvl 6 is in the east side of the dungeon, upward through the wall in the room with the boss door. You can either bomb or walk through walls in that dungeon, thus magic school. :)

patty3762gla
01-16-2006, 01:09 AM
Where are the flippers in lv 8 and how do I get to the top section of lv 8 for the boss.

DefEdge
01-16-2006, 02:07 AM
The flippers are found in the middle part of the map, on the first floor, in the 2 unmarked rooms.

You need to find all the keys to get to the boss room. There is a block with a lockblock next to it in an early room. You'll need to clear that lockblock to push the other block, making a warp appear.

darkjin83
01-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Okay here's where I am. I've beat level 1 (just started tonight). And the guy told me to go SE. But, I can't find a way to get to the eastern side of the map, i've been to the northmost point, and the southmost point, but I can't get to the far east of the world map? Trees are blocking everywhere, i've gone from the northmost tile (rocks falling off the cliff) to the southmost tile (the beach) and I can't go east. Help?

DefEdge
01-16-2006, 10:35 AM
There is a wooded area eastward from the entrance to lvl 1. When you go through there, you'll find a patch of 4 bushes (this was WAY early in my game development, but I probably would of gone with something similar, maybe even a dead tree or something). Burn those bushes and that will lead you to the woods where you'll find lvl 2.

zrookie
01-16-2006, 10:49 AM
thanx defedge, i had finally found the hammer by the time i got your reply but i still need the boss key for lvl 6. now i need help to find the reg form for lvl 7. i've burned every bush, bombed rocks, with both types of bombs, pushed on everything but i can't find the reg form. thanx again

darkjin83
01-16-2006, 01:17 PM
Thanks, now I've got everything in level 2 except... where is the boss key? :\ I've discovered all the rooms I think, including the nested black room, I've got the 12 bombs upgrade, the ladder, and the only blue rooms I cannot get to are the 3 in the top right corner. Sorry for the trouble, I haven't played a Zelda game in ages and I'm a bit rusty on my puzzle solving :\ Where can I get the boss key/big key in arena 2?

DefEdge
01-16-2006, 02:45 PM
zrookie: The form is found on the way to lvl 7. You need to go through some trees on the west side of a screen.

darkjin83: It's ok, good to have you back playing zelda. I'm here to help :) The boss key is found one screen down from the dodongo room, you have a river and 5 blocks on the west side aranged in a plus sign, and a group of blocks on the east side of the room in an X style. Push the blocks on the east side so they match the west side of the room and a path will open.

boram_c
01-16-2006, 03:42 PM
Why won't any of the F tiles in one room of the Advanced Armory respond to wand fire or candle fire?
Why won't any of the A tiles in a room of Dodongos of the Advanced armory respond to arrows?

What are the prerequisite items needed to finish the Advanced Armory?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it myself.

boram_c
01-16-2006, 05:31 PM
The flippers are found in the middle part of the map, on the first floor, in the 2 unmarked rooms.

You need to find all the keys to get to the boss room. There is a block with a lockblock next to it in an early room. You'll need to clear that lockblock to push the other block, making a warp appear.Where is the last key that leads to the Master Key (I assume under a lock block in the room with the Black Darknut) in Level 8? What significance does the torch in the room with Fire Wizzrobes have?

DefEdge
01-16-2006, 07:25 PM
The torch will allow you to hookshot over when it is lit. In order to light it though, you need the wand and book.

It's the reason the other torch is lit, you can hookshot to it, but cannot hookshot to the unlit torch.

You may be missing the key that is in the room with the skinny corridoor with the red lanmolas running at you. There is one passage north, one south, locked door on the west. The east wall is bombable. I've even forgotten about that one after working on the game for a while in the later levels and then coming back to test it. :laughing:

Fingolfin32
01-17-2006, 02:18 AM
Can you please tell me where to find the amulet.

boram_c
01-17-2006, 03:21 AM
Minor Bug: in the Cave Set "Classic Level 2" segment, someone returning from the room with the Mirror Wizzrobes via portal will have no way to cross the raised blocks.

What does the room with the Super Manhandla in the Hero's Cave have?

Edit: What does the screen with a row of Longhorn skulls on the top have?

DefEdge
01-17-2006, 09:18 AM
The amulet is found in the graveyard in the advanced island.

For that minor bug, I have set a temp trigger tile, so in testing, I was able to lower the blocks each time. Not sure what happened for others to not be able to lower it.

Super Manhandla in the Hero's Rest cave is an example of a long distance boss room trigger. When you cleared that room, it dropped the blocks where you got the key in that same dungeon.

On that screen with the skulls is where you can find the bonus shop. In order to open the path, you need to use the same weapon that is being used by the monsters on that screen. The skull is on the right side, but I'm not revealing which one. ;)

boram_c
01-17-2006, 03:38 PM
How does one progress beyond the first nine rooms (including the room before the boss) of "Classic Level 5" section of Cave Set 3?

DefEdge
01-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Sending a PM for this one, it's got a lot of details.

boram_c
01-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Major Bug: The long conversations of the Golden Knight via Magic Orb cause the game to crash too often; I have yet to pass the first Orb conversation.

DefEdge
01-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Hmm...

I wonder how come... It hasn't crashed for me or anyone else that I know of...

It's an actual crash? It's only tile warps and text strings...

boram_c
01-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Hmm...

I wonder how come... It hasn't crashed for me or anyone else that I know of...

It's an actual crash? It's only tile warps and text strings...
I got over it and tried again with not problems. Unique credit crawl, but what if the player were down to 1/8th a heart?

zrookie
01-17-2006, 08:28 PM
great quest defedge. i'm almost done, but i need to know how to open the large treasure chests in the mountain, and also what items i need to beat the boss(es) of cave set 4. i have the 3rd power sword and the blue ring.
boy is the final summit get confusing, makes it that much more fun (for awhile) :D

DefEdge
01-17-2006, 11:30 PM
boram c: Well, I made sure that the green landing point for that credits part was at the entrance. So if they died, ah well. They should reappear at the start of the credits (I hope). :)

zrookie: To open those chests, you need to first get the boss key in the mountain. Then find the boss door, and kill the boss. When you're done with that, you'll get the fire boomerang. This also opens all the large chests in the mountain.

Wait... blue ring?!? Wow...

Ok, to get the red ring, go back to the area where lvls 7 and 8 are found. Instead of going around like you did for lvl 7, go the other way and follow that around. You'll come across a cave eventually that you can hookshot across. Fight through there for the red ring. Make sure you blow the whistle in the marked room.

The red ring should make things easier, and the legendary items will make those bosses of caves set 4 easier to handle. Try breaking their shields.

Fingolfin32
01-18-2006, 12:27 AM
I'm having trouble getting the level 8 registration. I can see the building and the passageway, but I have no clue how to get there. Do I need the lens of truth or some other item?

DefEdge
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
No, it's just a raft branch. Notice where the raft hits the rocks, then goes into another direction. Try holding a different direction before it hits the rocks and you can guide the raft to the registration office.

Mad Steve
01-18-2006, 01:34 AM
Where is the registration form for the seventh arena?

DefEdge
01-18-2006, 02:22 AM
It's on the way to lvl 7. Try walking under some trees west on one of the screens.

Mad Steve
01-18-2006, 02:31 AM
Tried that. Didn't work. :shrug: More information, please?

DefEdge
01-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Ok, here are the 2 screens where the registration is.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/DefEdge/reg7.jpg http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/DefEdge/prevreg7.jpg

Here they are showing the walkability.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/DefEdge/reg7walls.jpg http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/DefEdge/prevreg7walls.jpg

If this doesn't help, I'll make the directions for you.

JimHenso
01-18-2006, 12:23 PM
I need help finding the boss key in the mountain. I've looked everywhere to find the final switch that will open the warp path to the key. I even fought my way through all the clone dungeons, only to discover that I still wasn't able to get to the key. There is one door that I can't get opened. It is just before the level 5 clone dungeon. Just inside the entrance, there is a sealed door with wizrobes and fire wizrobes all around, but when I kill them, the door still doesn't open. With the lens of truth, it looks like it should open. Is this a glitch or is there another way to open this door? Please help.

Also, I would like to post a screen shot of this door I can't open, but I have no idea how.

DefEdge
01-21-2006, 11:03 PM
To reach the key, you can get to it from the first entrance, but you have to hit the switch in another entrance.

You can reach the button after you finish Caves Set 2. Go as far west as you can, go north 2 screens, then go east 3 ladders. Go down the third ladder and you can navigate the cave.

I'm not sure about that door you're talking about. But, you can take a screeny with F12, then put it on another site like photobucket. You might can attach a picture in a post too, but don't quote me on that one.

Fingolfin32
01-22-2006, 12:50 AM
I think one of these is the place he's talking about. I feel stupid, but I still can't find the boss key.

http://oregonstate.edu/~taucherj/zelda001.bmp
http://oregonstate.edu/~taucherj/zelda002.bmp

Fingolfin32
01-22-2006, 12:55 AM
Never mind, I found it.

DefEdge
01-22-2006, 01:34 AM
Ahhh yes.

Caves type dungeons (set as caves instead of dungeons in Zquest) don't allow you to make shutters or one way shutters.

That is a one way shutter. This forces you to go around and hit that trigger on the way. :)

Edit: W00t! 100th post!

Mad Steve
01-24-2006, 06:23 PM
"Who holds the most powerful seat in this house?"

:eyebrow: What the heck is THAT supposed to mean?!

DefEdge
01-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Heh, sorry...

I was refering to the floor. It looks like a chess board.

I actually did research on this, and the most powerful piece on a chess board is the queen. You'll find 2 thrones. One of them warps, the other does not. In this case, the queen's throne will warp you.

Phazite
01-25-2006, 08:24 PM
I can't find the bow and the boss key in level 3. Do I have to bomb any walls?

DefEdge
01-26-2006, 12:11 AM
Yes. Bomb south in the room above the triforce room. Then you can bomb on the sides of that room.

avaquizzer
02-02-2006, 10:18 PM
I must say, this is the most difficult quest I've attempted thus far, and that includes Demo Quest. For the first time, I'm asking for help, though I'm pretty sure I'll be able to figure it out...I'm just impatient.

In "Classic Level 5", I can't seem to progress very far. I destroyed one of the 2 eye statues with an arrow, and the other with the wand..but, the wand trigger isn't permanent...I thought that that might lower the blue tile in the other room (with the like-likes and goriays), allowing me to get to a switch (in the room above it with blue lynels), but it didn't. I hope you understand which rooms I'm talking about (the room with the two statues have Pols Voices in them). Any suggestions? And, please don't tell me any more than just progressing past this one part. I enjoy trying to solve the puzzles on my own. Thanks.

DefEdge
02-03-2006, 12:41 AM
Well, the reason that it's not permanent is because you have to trigger one secret to activate the other one showing up. Then you do that one to trigger the next one.

I suppose leave the screen and pop the statue with the wand again. Those blue barricades are supposed to drop. There is also a temporary trigger tile on the other side of them. It doesn't seem to be bugged though. Not sure why you aren't able to make it work. :confused:

avaquizzer
02-03-2006, 08:07 PM
I thought too much into a different puzzle. I'm still stuck...the two statue puzzle made the three blue blocks fall. I was referring to the blue block in the other room, where there is an as-of-yet unreachable switch. Anyway, because I'm still stuck, I might as well ask:

I'm in the level 5 clone I have access to the first 8 rooms. The rooms are the entrance and the three rooms above it, and the room east of the entrance and the 3 rooms above it. But, I can't seem to continue. I can't reach any of the other switches. I suppose I'm missing something obvious. I've tried almost everything...I discovered the bombing-trick to make the portal appear, but I need the boss key..I don't even have a map or compass yet. I'm suspecting a secret in the peahat room or the lynel room, but I have come up empty. Suggestions? Help? Thanks.

EDIT: While I'm at it, I have two of the 3 crystal weapons (both from the second island). I know that there's one on the first island....any hints? :-)

DefEdge
02-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Ok, did you bomb on this screen right here?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/DefEdge/room1.jpg

And the third crystal, the green one, is found on the first overworld. It's on the screen south of the 2 gravestones.

avaquizzer
02-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks much! I just beat the quest. I think I got everything. 24 bombs, 23 heart containers. I might've missed one. Definitely a unique quest, especially the Summit puzzle and the original "level clones", so to speak. I look forward to your next work!!.

Just a heads up, but if you choose to continue after making it to the last part of the Fiend's Dungeon, you are placed on the up staircase, where you are then transported to an entirely grey screen with 4 keese (much like a dungeon passageway). If you go up, you're back where you should be. BUT, if you go one screen right and THEN up, you wind up in the desert on Contest Island (the first one). Minor bug, because it doesn't prevent you from playing, but it probably should be addressed.

Again, great job!!!

DefEdge
02-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Interesting find there.

Glad you enjoyed the quest. I had fun making it, and I look forward to making the next one. I just need to work out the details.

The next one won't be some 'retile and repeat' quest. It's going to be a totally different quest. It will be Arena Fight, but it's not going to take place on the Island of Contest like this one did. It's kind of a 'shard' idea. Multiple dimensions, etc. I don't know if the storyline will be the same though, doubt that it will be though.

deathtoll
02-07-2006, 07:28 PM
How do I get to the three rooms at the lower-right edge of arena one?

radder1
02-08-2006, 01:16 PM
I can't seem to get very far in the Caves/Mountain area. Going from the mountain entrance into the left cave, I work my way to a room with a bunch of gold blocks and the music plays, but the I can't push any blocks. What triggers a stairway here? Thanks for the help.

DefEdge
02-08-2006, 04:03 PM
deathtoll: You need to get the candle in the arena. Then go back to the room where you got the boss key, kill all the monsters, and burn the block with the F on it.

radder1: The brown blocks with the one-eyed statue? Shoot that statue with an arrow. If I'm wrong about where you're talking about, please post a screenshot.

radder1
02-10-2006, 03:52 PM
That room I was wondering about was the long distance trigger room in the Hero's part of Caves 1.

Now, I have made it to the third floor and don't have the mirror shield. Can someone let me know the steps I need to take to get the mirror shield? Thanks.

DefEdge
02-10-2006, 04:46 PM
The mirror shield is found 'Inside The Mountain' by bombing one of the spots on the mountain that is marked by a skull. There are 3 skulls that mark the locations of the legendary items. They are the master sword, mirror shield, and the gold ring. If you have the fire boomerang then those chests will open. One of them holds the shield.

Here are the 3 locations.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/DefEdge/legendary2.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/DefEdge/legendary1.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/DefEdge/mirrorSbomb.jpg

gekos
02-10-2006, 07:35 PM
DefEdge: I'm currently in L6 should I have the magic sword by now? Where do I find the magic sword?

DefEdge
02-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Yes, you can have the sword by now. If you remember those 2 torches in the woods leading to lvl 5, you need to go back there and burn them with the red candle.

kiwimum
02-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Hello, Im having trouble reaching level 7 have the registration form, and am at where i think is level 7 with two rocks outside, they don't react to bombs or fire or arrow, what do i do, please advise, am not strong enough to push. Thankyou. Great Quest.:confused:

DefEdge
02-12-2006, 06:12 PM
You need the second bracelet from lvl 6. If you bomb or push through the walls, you should find some secrets. It's found in the second part of it, so you won't have to go through the first part again, although if you didn't find the magic container in 6, it wouldn't hurt to double check the first part.

Worlorde
02-14-2006, 02:20 PM
DefEdge, great quest, very fun. I think I may have missed two things though. I only got 23 hearts, is there 1 more? If so where? I also seem to be missing a nonequipable item, probably the magic key, whatever goes above the boots. Thanks for the quest and the help.

DefEdge
02-14-2006, 04:08 PM
There is no magic key in the quest.

And also, there are 24 heart containers in the game. It may be worth your while to run through the quest again to get the lens of truth or spend the cash on the hints. I'd give them out, but then again, nobody's buying the 250 rupiee a pop hints.

One of the hints: There are 14 HCPs each in both overworlds.

eXodus
02-15-2006, 02:15 AM
I've done everything in this game bar 1 Heart Piece and finish the final area. In the room with the 2 Death Knights, one of them somehow did more than 4 Hearts of damage in a single hit, preventing me from healing. Because I have almost completed the quest, I belive I have every right to say: DefEdge, you are F@!&ING EVIL!

I believe you have included in this quest just about everything in the list of sadistic crap not to put players through. Forcing people to wait for Pehats (before the Fire Boomerang), making bomb-spamming a necsessity, putting required key items in what seem like optional dungeons, hiding the magic bar, Wallmasters and Windrobes that send you further than the entrance, etc. If it's unforgivably evil, it's in this quest! You even had me instinctively bomb-spamming after getting the Lens of Truth...

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to mention that - despite being more painful than a trip to hell, I still liked it...

DefEdge
02-15-2006, 09:31 AM
Hehe, well... I would of wanted the quest to be this way. I didn't know it was so evil actually. I thought it was pretty reasonable. Maybe this is why it's so popular, cause it's evil.

Anyhow, thanks for the... uhh... kind words. :D

Edit: Oh, and about the wallmasters and windrobes. It's a side effect of using a dungeon that is set as 'cave' style when making them. I didn't want them to toss you back down the mountain, but I couldn't figure out how to make them toss you to the entrance of the dungeon. I even thought about taking those monsters out of the cave dungeons too...

gekos
02-21-2006, 08:49 AM
DefEdge: Just finished - great job!!! Thanks for all your hard work - looking forward to your next one.

DefEdge
02-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Thanks, I got one in the works, though the going is very slow. I'm not sure which tileset I'll use, because the land this one takes place in isn't all cartoony like a lot of these tilesets. But then again, I might just use that...

And I'm no artist, heh.

kiwimum
02-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi again, I have finnished Level 8 and am now in the mountains, can you please give me a hint where i can find the fire boomerang, have completed 1st cave set, have i missed it on the way.?? Thankyou.:(

Wolfman2000
02-22-2006, 12:12 AM
I feel jealous of you guys...most of you are past level 6, and I haven't even been able to explore level 3 yet!

The hint mentions two shops: one that is open but barricaded, and one that has burned to the ground. Opening the barricaded one just allowed me to buy keys for cheap. How do I deal with the burned one to get the registration form?

eXodus
02-22-2006, 12:33 AM
It wasn't much of a fire, was it? I mean, there's still a bit of it left standing. Maybe you should finish the job...

DefEdge
02-22-2006, 09:17 AM
Hi again, I have finnished Level 8 and am now in the mountains, can you please give me a hint where i can find the fire boomerang, have completed 1st cave set, have i missed it on the way.?? Thankyou.

The fire boomerang is one of the legendary items. You'll need the boss key in the mountain to get to it, and the boomerang is located in the upper left spot in the dungeon.

You can probably get to it as early as after the second cave set.

Wolfman2000
02-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Okay, further along...I've found an abandoned shop...that is lava filled! When I take the current passageway, I'm lead to a room which dead ends; I can't go north. Any ideas?

DefEdge
02-22-2006, 09:21 PM
Try blowing away those blocks with a bomb. I guess I should of marked them, heh.

eXodus
02-23-2006, 10:27 PM
Yes, you should have. That was the second time I got stuck because nothing made sense (first was the Magic Boomerang).

Anyway, I'd like to apologise for one of the evils I mentioned - the missing Magic Bar. I've since played an older quest again on ZC 2.11b6 and the same thing happened. Incidentally, what version of ZQuest was this made in? It looked like a 2.11 beta to me...

DefEdge
02-26-2006, 03:27 AM
It was made in 2.10. And the magic bar isn't hidden, you just have to collect it as you go. Each arena has 1 magic container, for a total of 8 magic containers, and you really don't need magic until after the 5th arena. I was going to make fire cost magic, but decided not to.

There is also a way to double the bar, you just have to make it through the Fairy Prison.

kiwimum
02-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Hi again, i have finnished the 4 sets of caves in the mountains, but realize i have only 1 crystal, can you please hint where i might find the other two, cant remember where i got the one I have, it is green. Do I need the other two to finnish the game.Thankyou.:rolleyes:

DefEdge
02-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Those crystals are bonus actually, just to put them in the game. One is located in the first overworld, and the other 2 are found in the second overworld. If you got the one in the first overworld, then you'll need the flippers at least to reach the 2 on the second overworld, but there are more items, like the mirror shield, that you will need.

eXodus
03-01-2006, 01:26 AM
[QUOTE=DefEdge]And the magic bar isn't hidden, you just have to collect it as you go.QUOTE]

I've got all the Magic Containers and the Double MP upgrades, so the bar should definitely be there. I've since found out that it was a bug in 2.11b6, where the old style MP bar wasn't showing up because of the Z3 one. It has already been fixed, but I'd have to wait for the next beta to be released.

DefEdge
03-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Ok, something is making me wonder now...

Where did you get this version of the quest? I've updated it on a few sites, and I may of goofed up somewhere cause I was playing around with the beta, but I don't remember if I made an update with the 2.11 changes, cause... well, I don't remember.

If you got it from Zeldaclassic.com, then that version still has all the original bugs. I'll take a look at it right now.

Edit: Ok, I played it through the first dungeon and got the first magic container, and it showed up. So I probably didn't mess anything up. Come to think of it, all I did was turn on the Z3 walk style to see if that did anything, which it didn't. Then I probably turned it off and saved it again.

Edit 2: I looked it over in both beta 6 and 2.10 and there isn't anything different between the 2 that should mess anything up. It opened fine in 2.10. Usually if you make a quest in a newer version of Zquest, you can't touch it in an older version of Zquest (don't quote me, I'm far from an expert).

eXodus
03-02-2006, 12:00 AM
So, you want me to go to PureZC and redownload it to replace the zeldaclassic.com one? Will the save file just treat it the same as before? Or will it recognise the save AND use the new quest file's changes?

DefEdge
03-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Yes, I didn't make any changes to the quest that would affect the saves, at least I've never had a problem with it, but there really is no telling about how other people's systems will affect it.

However, I did not make the game go with certain versions if you know what I'm talking about. It's an option in the header when making a quest. I did not include one of these, so the game should work normally.

Fear's Edge
03-19-2006, 09:12 AM
What do I have to do to beat the abandoned armory? At the end, after the boss, I move this block and nothing happens. The other one doesn't budge and I've tried bombing, flame, arrows, and magic boomerang. What gives?

DefEdge
03-20-2006, 01:21 AM
Try walking through the wall on that spot where you pushed the block.

Fear's Edge
03-20-2006, 05:05 AM
Ahh.... that's clever! Cool. Thanks dude. I really like this one so far. It is very challenging.

diavlo
03-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Hello!

First large praise at DefEdge! ArenFight is an ingenious Quest! I am still considerable at the beginning, and have there a problem. I do not only hope I am simply too stupid in addition, but one can buy the force bracelet and the boots in the Shop for 600 and 900 rubies, but in game i can collect nevertheless only maximally 255 rubies, or? How can that be done? Do not get ahead therefore, but I would genuinly gladly further-play, because genuinly fun makes!
Please help me!

Greets, diavlo :)

P.S. and sorry, i know my english is badbadbad :googly:

eXodus
03-21-2006, 12:30 AM
You'll get the wallets - along with all those pricey items you can buy early - from the dungeons. The wallets are prizes for beating each island, and most of the key items you'll need to progress are hidden inside the dungeons (including the seemingly optional ones). This thread mentions most of the points you could get stuck at, but if you remember to try walking through walls and trees and bomb-spam in dungeons as much as possible, you shouldn't need much extra guidance.

BTW, the shop you need the Bracelet for says his items are more "optional". What he means is that you don't need them to progress, and you will get them for free later. The Power Bombs are still useful though, and the one you get in a dungeon is supposed to be used on a certain point. The Boots, while handy yet magic consuming, aren't actually needed where they seem to be...

Fear's Edge
03-21-2006, 04:45 AM
I'm having trouble. I just got to the advanced isle and I can't get out of this small area with nothing much in it. I can't find level 5 or anything else, really. I've burned every bush and such and such. I don't know...Help?

Does it it have anything to do with the gray panels or whatever they are that you can walk on next to those bushes?

Never mind, I think I found something. Editing is fun.

Fear's Edge
03-22-2006, 04:47 AM
In arena 5, how do you kill those insect things with the spinning eyeballs or whatver around them?

elise
03-22-2006, 07:34 AM
first kill all the little ones with your sword and then the big one with sword or hammer

Fear's Edge
03-23-2006, 10:34 PM
What does the purple pendant you get in the "seer" place do?

Dragonslicer
03-23-2006, 11:15 PM
I believe it lets you see invisible monsters, such as the ones in the Smith Forest.

Fear's Edge
03-24-2006, 07:05 AM
In level 7, there is a room where you can move around a number of blocks to open the door, but I can't seem to get that door open. I'm going to keep trying in the mean-time.

Dragonslicer
03-24-2006, 09:51 PM
I think I know which room you are talking about. There are 4 blocks that you can move. Look for 4 spaces on the floor that are different from the rest of the room.

Dragonslicer
03-24-2006, 10:58 PM
I must be missing something obvious. I've been on every screen on the advanced island except for a few on the western edge that I assume I need the flippers to get to, and I can't find anything that might be or lead to level 8. So what am I not seeing?

Edit- Never mind. I didn't think that killing those damn flying flowers would make another dock appear.

Fox_Of_The_Wind
03-25-2006, 03:20 PM
I got the quest done. Great quest!!

Fear's Edge
03-29-2006, 11:17 PM
How do I get the magic book?

Dragonslicer
03-30-2006, 07:50 AM
You need the hookshot. It's in the cave near level 5 where you have to light two torches to open the cave.

Fear's Edge
03-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks, I found the book, but I don't k now what it does yet.

Nimono
03-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Thanks, I found the book, but I don't k now what it does yet.
Tha same thing it does in every quest: Makes fire appear when Wand Magic hits the edge of the screen or an enemy. Very useless, unless you have a lot of enemies that you can't hit without the fire. The fire appears where the magic was, by the way.

Fear's Edge
03-31-2006, 09:18 AM
Oh yea.....

Dragonslicer
03-31-2006, 04:39 PM
It's not as useless in this quest as it is in the normal game. There are certain torches that can only be lit from a distance using the wand and book.

DefEdge
04-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Sorry I haven't been around, we had to move and I got internet again a few days ago.

borkoz
04-24-2006, 04:00 AM
HELP!!!! The path of the maze to the final summit??? I lost it... :confused:

DefEdge
04-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Each direction is given to you, except for the last one, because the final boss kept the old lady from showing up. I'll send you a PM with the directions.

Edit: Hmm... no option to send a PM for you for some reason.

Well, to be honest, you have to go through all the dungeons anyway to reach the last part.

Right, Right, Down, Up is the maze path.

legitny
04-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Where is the the red candle? I am in the Abandoned shop but can't figure out how to get past the Lava. Please help

I figured it out,

Next question:

How do I get the Map, Compass and Boss Key for Advanced Armory B1 (on the second Island?)

Figured this out as well as the forest, got the hammer, I am off to level 6

legitny
05-01-2006, 12:33 AM
How do I get the K2 (Key 2) in Cave set in the mountains east? I am getting my but kicked by the White Wizards before the Boss. How do I beat the white wizzards? Or do I just pass them if I could get the Boss key? I got the silver arrow. don't know what to do.

DefEdge
05-02-2006, 04:37 PM
White wizzrobes are mirror wizzrobes. In other words, only a reflected shot will harm them. In the dungeon you're talking about, I placed prisms in that room, so you have 2 options. There is the fast, but risky way, which is to get one of the wizzrobes to fire at you and hit a prism instead, starting a chain reaction of hard-hitting wand energy that will flood the room in the 4 directions of a prism. There are 4 of them in the room, so if you stay in the corner once the room is flooded, you'll be safe.

The second way, that is a bit safer for you, but slower to kill, is to simply throw some magic from your wand at a prism. This will also start the chain reaction, which hurts the wizzrobes, but will only hit with the power of the white sword, so it takes quite a bit longer to kill them, but the beams won't hurt you as much if you have to escape.

legitny
05-02-2006, 08:53 PM
I bought a key beat the boss got the fire boomarang, mirror sheild, master sword, gold ring, went back and got the blue crystal. Where is the Master Key and I only have like 18 hearts. Are there a lot in the mountains or did I miss a lot. I am missing 3 items beside the Master key and red bombs. What are they? 1 between the blue and red crystal and 2 to the left of the hammer. Know what they are? http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7905/2891/1600/inv.jpg Also, what does the pendant do for me?

Nimono
05-02-2006, 09:00 PM
I bought a key beat the boss got the fire boomarang, mirror sheild, master sword, gold ring, went back and got the blue crystal. Where is the Master Key and I only have like 18 hearts. Are there a lot in the mountains or did I miss a lot. I am missing 3 items beside the Master key and red bombs. What are they? 1 between the blue and red crystal and 2 to the left of the hammer. Know what they are? http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7905/2891/1600/inv.jpg Also, what does the pendant do for me?
You're missing Bait (to the left of the Potion), Super Bombs (to the right of the Hookshot), the Lens of Truth (to the right of the Super Bombs), and Farore's Wind (the 3rd Crystal you're looking for). There's something else, to the left of the Power Bracelet, but I can't remember what it is. It's either the Raft or the Flippers... The "Pendant" is the Amulet, a.k.a. the Cross from Zelda II. It lets you see Invisible enemies.

legitny
05-02-2006, 09:19 PM
I believe the master key goes next to the bracelet. Do you kn where to get all of these items? I am assumming some are in level 9.

Nimono
05-02-2006, 09:21 PM
I believe the master key goes next to the bracelet. Do you kn where to get all of these items? I am assumming some are in level 9.
Nope, sorry, I never got that far in the quest. It annoyed me.

DefEdge
05-02-2006, 10:05 PM
The blank in the equipment side is the magic key, it wasn't needed when I made the game.

The green crystal is found in the first island, you'll need to burn a bush next to a tree on the screen below the 2 graves. I recommend burning it from the bottom or the top, not the side, as you'll have to use the whistle to get unstuck.

The bait has been used all game, it was the registration form.

Lens of Truth is a bonus item for the low, low price of max rupies (999).

There are only 4 heart containers found on the mountain. The rest (HCPs) are found in the 2 overworlds. 18 in the first, and 18 in the second. I believe I hid them pretty well.

If you want the best chance of finding them, seek the Lens of Truth in the mountain overworld, and use it to find them.

You are also missing the gold arrow, but that comes almost at the end.

legitny
05-03-2006, 10:06 PM
How do I get to the boss in the ICE Level, after you get the special items.

DefEdge
05-04-2006, 08:23 PM
You are probably talking about everyone's favorite subject again, the lvl 5 clone.

This is the spot where there are 3 eyeball statues, all come together to focus on a single spot where you found some bombs. Try bombing that spot.

tingle
06-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Please tell me how to get to level 2 Ive already bought 5 keys just to pass the time.i ve tryed burning but i found a POH (piece of heart) instead.Now i have 5 hearts. and have been playing for 5 hours.:banghead: :bomb: :mad2: :angry:

tingle
06-09-2006, 10:45 PM
do u know how black bun?

Malstygian
07-16-2006, 11:07 PM
I finished and this was a good quest. Could you please list the games where you pulled the music for the arenas from?