PDA

View Full Version : Tutorials

Lastpatriot
12-30-2005, 01:32 PM
Can somebody with more experience reccomend a good tutorial? One that covers EVERYTHING, from sprite placement and recoloring, to layers and controls, to actually making the quest?

firefly
12-30-2005, 01:37 PM
I can reccomend idontknow tutorial, it covers treasure chests, block puzzles, sand zoras, layers, and other things.

Lastpatriot
12-30-2005, 03:16 PM
What about Alphadawg's?

firefly
12-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Alphadawg's tutorial is great if you are new to Zelda Classic, if you want to make a classic quest and if you want to learn the basics for making it. For more experienced users I recommend idonknow tutorial.

Lastpatriot
12-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Crap, I can't seem to find it. The link to his site doesn't go to a tutorial. Is there another link?

AT-AT Assault
12-30-2005, 04:31 PM
Sorry to but in, but I have a related question. So If you're new to making quests(like me) you should read alphadawg's tutorial and create a quest to learn the ropes and then read Idontknow's tutorial to churn something other than a zelda "me too" title?

DeFray
12-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Yeah, that's about right. You should go through Alphadawg's tutorial and make sure you understand how to do everything in his, because he goes over the basics and the real important stuff, Then go to IDK's tutorial to learn some tricks of the trade that help make your quest more interesting.

Lastpatriot, one of the sticky threads in this forum was made by IDontKnow and leads to his tutorial. You could try that or just click HERE (http://www.geocities.com/idontknowtutorial/contents.html?1048292445858) to go there.