PDA

View Full Version : Anybody play Final Fantasy XI?

Tygore
12-30-2005, 04:28 AM
I just got The Vana'diel Collection, and am currently playing a Tarutaru on the Asura server. Since I'm on my free trial, I can't make alternate characters, so is there anybody else here on Asura?

mrz84
01-05-2006, 04:53 PM
I don't have 11 yet. too poor to have it. plan on getting it though eventually.

Questwizard88
01-07-2006, 10:57 AM
I have it, just don't have it set up right now, since I just recently got internet access back. Should have it back up really soon though.

DarkFlameWolf
01-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Not really going to bother since monthly fees for ANY online rpg completely put me off.

zoraking
01-07-2006, 07:07 PM
I have it but I'm on Bismarck server :(. All I can tell you is when you get to Valkurm Dunes (unless you started in Windhurst), don't shoot yourself in the head no matter how bad you want to.

Questwizard88
01-08-2006, 10:46 AM
I hate Valkurm too... I always get killed going in there at low levels, even in a party of 6.

Flash Man
01-24-2006, 01:06 AM
sky is much worse than Valkurm Dunes.

*b*
01-24-2006, 02:09 AM
I bought it, but I don't play it. I really should, though. I mean, I payed fifty bucks for the freaking game (when it was semi-new), and it's just collecting dust... wherever it is. I hope somone is able to figure out a way to get free servers for it, because I don't have a job, and paying the monthly fees will effectively drain my money in no time

Flash Man
01-24-2006, 02:28 PM
ProjectXI (http://projectxi.sourceforge.net/) is going to be the closest you will get to a free Final Fantasy XI. From what I have heard all they have accomplished is making a server that you can connect to and talk in /say mode and then shortly after it crashes.

It is highly unlikely even if they do complete a project like this for it to be accurate at all. Almost everything about the game that is not literally shown on the screen you will not know exactly how it works. Acquiring skill ups for weapons, magic, crafting, etc is all but a guess to how it works, not exactly known. Certain abilities that you get like Treasure Hunter I and II are unknown as to how they affect drop rates. Though there are a few abilities that have been derived and are known how to calculate what your damage will be, but in order to do that you must know what the enemy's stats are and the only way to know their stats is if you are fighting another player.

It is a pretty awesome game for awhile, however due to it actually being a MULTIPLAYER game there are very few things you can do on your own between level twenty and level seventy. Almost everything requires you to do have at least one or two other people or up to three or more parties to accomplish a task. If you do not mind waiting to do things or a lot of frustration while building your own parties then go for it. I just got tired of it.

Flashman - Siren - Elvaan
PLD74 RNG72 DRG58 WAR56 NIN51 WHM47 THF42 DRK41 BLM37 SAM36 MNK27 RDM21 BST15 BRD9
Smithing 52.7 Woodworking 24.4

Vivionsho
02-07-2006, 01:09 PM
I've always wanted to play it also, but...like *b* said, I don't have a job either and will drain it...argh I want to play it so bad!:mad: