PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Pre-Revolution Announcement Fan Video

Warlock
12-29-2005, 10:30 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/cgplayer.php?id=5779

I stumbled on this by accident. It's wierd as heck though. I guess this was made by some fan before Nintendo said anything about the Revolution because it's completely wrong, but it's kind of cool in a bizarre way. There is some wierd montage of all the old Nintendo systems at the beginning (I honestly would *not* have mentioned Virtual Boy though I guess the way they did this it was kind of important). Then they do some wierd thing where they take the castle from Mario 64 and multiply it by thousands and wrap it around another model of the castle so each castle makes up like a pixel of texture or something. It's wierd.

But then they get to the "Revolution" or what they call "Nintendo on" which is a headset virtual reality thing and I guess there is a floor unit that honestly reminds me of one of those robotic japanese vacuum cleaners (you know, the little ones that ride around the floor on their own sucking up dirt). But supposively that unit was where the disks were inserted and had motion sensors or something. The whole thing was stupidly designed and looked rediculous but the idea of a good virtual reality system is not a bad dream.

Anyways, found this video bizarre and felt like sharing it with you guys :) And it certainly has lovely production value.. the guy must have had a LOT of spare time on his hands.

vegeta1215
12-29-2005, 11:11 PM
I watched that a while back, it was pretty cool. All the zooming out from the thousands upon thousands of Mario 64 castles was crazy. He definitely put some time into making that.

gdorf
12-30-2005, 02:00 PM
That was a really cool video, and this is the first time I've seen it. It maes me wonder how long it took to render all of those castles.

Darth Marsden
12-30-2005, 06:51 PM
I've seen it before. If I recall correctly, the video stops after we see a surprisingly skinny Mario. It does that because the maker of the video had a virus which corrupted the video and that was all he could salvage. Still, pretty impressive for what it is, huh?

Warlock
12-30-2005, 11:13 PM
I've seen it before. If I recall correctly, the video stops after we see a surprisingly skinny Mario. It does that because the maker of the video had a virus which corrupted the video and that was all he could salvage. Still, pretty impressive for what it is, huh?

There was supposed to be more? That castle looked good from a distance (very art-like) but up close and with Mario it looked like poser crap :D