PDA

View Full Version : a question about OoT

Nazgul
12-29-2005, 07:15 PM
well, it's not precisely about ZC, but it's about ocarina of time.....
i always wandered what the Half Moon and the star meant (the draw seen in the blocks, in the mirror shield.....generaly seen everywhere).
the ones that played that games knows what i mean.....
well, if someone knows what it means, please post.
thankss

MarioBrosCom
12-29-2005, 07:21 PM
It's the Gerudo's symbol. It has no real significance other than for decoration.

Nazgul
12-29-2005, 07:23 PM
the gerudos??? how can it be?? it apears almost everywhere.....
well, it seems the gerudo had gone far.......

firefly
12-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Well, there are two symbols, the one in the old version, and the one in the new version, the first is the half moon with a star, the second is... well I can't remember :confuse2:

ShadowTiger
12-29-2005, 08:49 PM
I think that means that you have to push it using the L2 Gauntlet, probably. .. .. er .. .. L1 Gauntlet. It's the L2 "Strength Item" though. ;)

1) Goron's Bracelet. - As a kid only.
2) Silver Gauntlet - Gotten as a Kid in the Spirit Temple, but only usable as an Adult.
3) Gold Gauntlet - Gotten in the Shadow Test in Ganon's Castle as an Adult.
4) Commissioning the help of a Dragon to help you move whatever planet you'd like. - A Beta item, I'd assume. Available only to ROM Modders. :p XD

Nazgul
01-03-2006, 06:22 PM
does anybody knows why this symbol appears everywhere?
another thing, why sometimes it's a cresent moon and sometimes menguant?

eXodus
01-05-2006, 12:18 AM
There is the whole gauntlet thing, but the normal blocks (non-upgrade blocks in the Deku Tree) have it too. Another possible explanation is that because Ganondorf is the Gerudo Prince, he would have put the symbol in different places in the dungeons.

Dart Zaidyer
01-05-2006, 09:17 AM
In the original release of OoT, it was the crescent symbol. It was changed later in the gray/Player's Choice/GameCube version to something different, along with most of the other "Islamic" type references including the chanting music in the Fire Temple. (Which is utterly ruined as a result.)

I don't think there's ever been an explanation as to why those symbols were scattered around everywhere. My best guess is that Ganondorf's minions bring all that stuff with them when they invade a dungeon, or at least paint it on existing objects.