PDA

View Full Version : HORRIBLE problem in 1.90

Jish
12-29-2005, 04:30 PM
So i was just minding my own business, right? and then the quest editor is all like, "you suck. im not letting you make any strings. in fact, im DELETING. ALL OF THEM. go roll over and die now."
so anyways, as you probably don't know, I'm making a large quest in ZQ 1.90 called Bikdip's Adventure 2. You may have heard of it. Anyway, My friend and I were working on level 9 yesterday and then got to a stopping point after adding a cutscene. Today I opened it up, went to edit a string, and they were all. gone. There wasn't even a "new string" or "<none>". Clicking anywhere on the box froze it up and I had to close down ZQuest the hard way.
HOWEVER, playing the quest in ZC still has the strings intact. Somehow, I had the foresight to create a backup not too long ago, and most of the quest is in there. The only things that aren't are a few places we can rebuild. The point is, we can't add any strings at all, and I need to make like 50+ more. I tried importing the strings from the backup quest, but opening QUEST-Strings simply shut down ZQuest immediately.

So, the way we see it, we've hit some sort of String limitation that was never marked or stated or anything. Since the newer strings that were "past the limit" are still showing up in ZC, it seems like I could theoretically build the rest of the quest without any strings, then as a final update, add all of them and save, and it would work. I don't want to resort to that.

If anyone has ANY idea what is going on here, or how I can save the quest, please tell me.

firefly
12-29-2005, 05:06 PM
You should make another backup for doing this, open the quest with a newer version of Zelda Classic (such as 1.92 beta 163, 2.10...) that should fix the problem (I think)

Jish
12-29-2005, 05:12 PM
well, i opened the quest in 2.10 and yes, all the strings were there. unfortunately, this only solves the problem of getting the strings made after the backup. i would still have to make all the parts of the quest that weren't made yet. also, the whole "thing" thats special about the quest is that its made in 1.90 (and apparently, if all goes to plan, the first to have more than the allowed strings in a workable version). anyways, i would still like some more answers...

rocksfan13
12-29-2005, 06:01 PM
In 2.10 just open the whole qst file from 1.90 and it should ALL be there.

Jish
12-29-2005, 07:00 PM
well, we just imported a bunch of stuff to the backup and the quest is fine now. the only problem is that i still wont be able to make any more strings, when i need about 80. so....if you can think of a solution for that other than making letter tiles, please post it.