PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Strikers

Gerudo
12-29-2005, 12:04 AM
so this game has been out for a little while, who has it?

i do, and i love it. from the arenas to the actual aggressiveness (for a change) to the Mario Bros universe. you basically have a soccer game with the core physics as far as passing and shooting, but the sheer fun of it (ala Smash Bros) will keep you going back for more.

i also love the artwork, it's just so badass.

check it out (http://www.gamehiker.com/gallery/index.php?cat=79) (it has a little concept art too)

Brasel
12-29-2005, 06:27 AM
I saw it at the PX over here. I was interested, but I already sent my Game Cube home. I might pick it up when I get back to the states. I'm not a big soccer fan, but playing soccer with Mario Bros. could be cool.

idontknow
12-29-2005, 01:18 PM
Yeah, the games awesome! I still love it and will play it for a long time to come, however, i've played it for like 2 or 3 hrs every day since christmas and have most of the unlockables. I have gotten the Super Team, all 4 extra stadiums, and a few cheats.

However, i could see why this game can be criticized. Frame-rate issues were mentioned in several online articles and they were obviously there when i played the final game of Bowser Cup at Bowser Stadium against the Super Team.

Also, there is a lack of characters. I wish you could pick the team, the captain AND the GOALIE. Having the same old goalie gets bland. Using the same old 4 team mates its very repetitive and i love variety. I wish there more like 12 captains and 8 team mates, at the very least. Also, the Super Team, because of its ability to have any of its players use a Super Strike, is very cheap in that regard.

Things i like: The stadiums are pretty cool looking (however, there's no major difference between them beyond aesthetics). The cheats add SOME variety to gameplay. I like being able to choose different item packs. The items really add some craziness to the game and i love that. The attitudes of the captains and sidekicks are really cool. Too bad they didn't do the same with the goalies. The controls and physics of the game are very well done.

Overall, i'd give this game like a 9. its awesome for multiplayer (although if you're just learning, its rather tough & frusterating, especially trying to find out which character you're controlling a 4-player game) Its relatively short-lived for single player, although the cups do last awhile for the first time through. the options for game length make it nice because you can play for as little or as long as you'd like. And as i've said, the gameplay mechanics are excellent. The game is not a perfect 10 for lacking variety with characters, stadiums, and game modes but still excellent overall.

VT_Hokie_Fan
12-29-2005, 06:15 PM
I went to SC a couple days ago and my friend there had it. It was fine. I don't really like the sport soccer, so it didn't really appeal to me. It was better than Fifa and all the other soccer sims because it was actually kinda fun to play.

SeirraMist
12-29-2005, 06:41 PM
I havent played the game, but the artwork is beautfiul, even though it looks a lot more "mean" than other mario games. If I had a gamecube Id proboly buy it :)

Gerudo
12-29-2005, 09:55 PM
However, i could see why this game can be criticized. Frame-rate issues were mentioned in several online articles and they were obviously there when i played the final game of Bowser Cup at Bowser Stadium against the Super Team.
the only framerate issues i ran into were when my captain was performing a Super Strike, and when it zoomed around for a replay (and every so slightly during the match intro, and victory sequence). those aside, the framerate is near perfect.