PDA

View Full Version : Room State Carryover

Mr. Z
12-26-2005, 06:09 PM
I've been messing with this feature a bit (My favorite new feature) and I found two things...

First of all, this one's rather pointless but... Room states won't carry over to screen 00. That's probably because it's set to screen 00 anyway, but would there be a way to change that? It's not really a bug, since this was to be expected, but it would be nice if it was possible.

Second, this one is worth a bit more useful.
I notice the room state won't carry over when it's on a dungeon dmap. That'll be because dungeon dmaps reset secrets everytime you enter a new screen. However, this feature could be very useful in dungeons. (Remember the tower in ALTTP, with the startiles that lower/rise blocks on distance? You can remake that (I did, it worked, it was very complicated too... heh) on a cave dmap, but it would be so much more useful if it were to be on a dungeon dmap because those can have doors.) But since secrets don't save on dungeon dmaps, this is not possible in dungeons.

So the suggestion is, or rather question...: Would it be possible to make a new kind of dmap that can use doors the way dungeons do, but save secrets like caves and the overworld kind of dmap do?