PDA

View Full Version : Welcome all Psuedo-Testers

Dark Nation
12-26-2005, 01:44 AM
This year's second Christmas present to the ZC community is that the beta forums are opened up to all interested parties until the next full version comes out. This will help eliminate bugs faster due to all the fresh eyes looking at it.

Once the open beta program is finished, the beta forums will close again and the beta team will be rebuilt from the ground up. Those of you who prove yourself valuable testers will be given an invitation to (re-)join the team. Others may also join the team but will have to specifically apply.

In case you were wondering what the *first* Christmas present is (as this is the second on), the picture in the Merry Christmas (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=89431) thread allowed you to download the beta 24 hours before it was posted in the beta forums.

So, once again, welcome all! And remember, this is a beta. 'Beta' is Greek for 'full of bugs'. :)

System Error
12-26-2005, 02:38 AM
Sounds cool. Here are some bugs to start off with.

- The VSync Problem from the 182 player is back. ZClassic runs at hyper speed with it on, and flickers when it is off.

- Entering a cheat code on the 2.11 test quest causes a crash

Dark Nation
12-26-2005, 02:40 AM
Redownload the programs from the beta 6 thread in this forum. It fixes the cheat crash bug.

System Error
12-26-2005, 02:43 AM
Okay. Here's another one I just found.

- Start up ZQuest. Go into full-screen mode. Now, use Alt+Tab or Alt+Esc to change to another program. When you return to ZQuest, the menu bar will be flickering.

OUCH!
12-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Good job DK! :D
But I discovered new bug. :(
When I get triforce,item and weapon graphic dissapeared.

And old bugs hasn't fixed.
Gohma3 isn't boss setting,so even if it is killed, it revives.
I think it is the most important bug. ;)

Anthus
12-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Where's Allegro42.dll?

ShadowTiger
12-26-2005, 04:21 PM
This should cover it. (http://darknation.armageddongames.net/zc/alleg42.zip)

We need to get Mr. Z from PureZC in here. He's the Freedom of the PZC world. :p

Yeah, there's that nasty Cset 2 discoloration issue, ... the Alt+Slide is still broken. ... That hurts my soul.

Dark Nation
12-26-2005, 05:03 PM
The weapon and item in the subscreen are supposed to disappear when you get the triforce (check Zelda 1). I guess I could make a quest rule. :shrug:

Dark Spawn
12-26-2005, 06:32 PM
I have a question. Are we getting every 2.11 beta til the next offical release?

Freedom
12-26-2005, 07:20 PM
The weapon and item in the subscreen are supposed to disappear when you get the triforce (check Zelda 1). I guess I could make a quest rule. :shrug:

they never return though, after leaving the level.

Dark Nation
12-27-2005, 12:45 AM
I have a question. Are we getting every 2.11 beta til the next offical release?Yes.

they never return though, after leaving the level.Okay, that's definitely not right. :(

bigjoe
12-27-2005, 02:37 PM
Good call with opening the testing, as I can't be around to hire new testers. No net at home. I guess I'd better state here that Ill be absent for awhile. I hope that, when I can be active again, ZC has grown into something that even I can't imagine. Good luck, everyone!

ShadowTiger
12-27-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm going to try a manual multiquote here. Wish me luck. :p

they never return though, after leaving the level.Okay, that's definitely not right. :(Oddly enough, rescuing Zelda will restore these. Seems to work. :shrug: (Though, obviously, you generally can't do a whole lot past that point. :sweat: ) ... Not a whole lot can return visibility to these items either, besides rescuing Zelda.

And again, great idea opening the forum to people, DN. I'm impressed. :p I doubt that wouldn't occurred to most others. Maybe we can get a whole lot more testing done with these same people in the future.

mikepjr2
12-27-2005, 06:54 PM
Im not haveing any of those problems.
How odd.

Nicholas Steel
12-29-2005, 01:10 AM
ignore this post (delete it)

Questwizard88
12-29-2005, 01:20 AM
I listened through 4 full repeats of the song without Strict MIDI enabled, and still no bug.

Nicholas Steel
12-29-2005, 01:31 AM
sorry my bad, sorry dn.

just a quick question regarding zquest, how do i enable 8 direction movement? (is it not availible in this version?)

skateboarder11
12-29-2005, 02:26 AM
It appears that the tile editor seems to stick on the number of the first tile you try to edit. And, the second (half) heart 8x8 doesn't get 8-bit applied like the first does.

I'd also like to rejoin the testing team... I was removed before, probably due to not posting... but, bigjoe had enlisted me as a "private-eye" tester at the time. o_O

Praethus
12-29-2005, 02:36 AM
To select 8 direction movement, go to Graphics -> Sprites -> Link and select LttP style movement.

To switch a tile to 8bit color mode, hit b while editing the tile.

skateboarder11
12-29-2005, 03:10 AM
Ah, thanks Praethus.

I already edited this into my previous post... but the second heart 8x8 isn't affected by being 8bit like the first is... so it looks pretty ugly at times. (It's the same 16x16 tile, too o.O)