PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas!

Dark Nation
12-25-2005, 02:19 AM
Sorry, no full version. However, the developers of Zelda Classic want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas.
http://darknation.armageddongames.net/zc/Link211.gif (http://darknation.armageddongames.net/zc/merry_christmas.htm)

ArmadaGo
12-25-2005, 02:54 AM
Happy holidays, oddly enough I spent part of my evening drinking eggnog and playing ZeldaClassic. This is my first visit, I was unaware you had a site. Thanks for recreating some great memories from when I was younger. Cheers!

Freedom
12-25-2005, 03:16 AM
Merry Christmas DN, Jman, and fatcatfan wherever you are, hope you have many more.

Nicholas Steel
12-25-2005, 03:23 AM
thanks Dark Nation, Jman, and fatcatfan. (and freedom, rocksfan13 and dark flame wolf.)

merry christmas to you all.

*b*
12-25-2005, 03:50 AM
*cough* DN, aren't you forgetting somone in all this?

merry christmas all! hope you all have lots of fun tomorrow

KJAZZ
12-25-2005, 03:57 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone! A very nice picture if I do say so myself. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but did *b* make it? Looks like some of the work he's done...

*b*
12-25-2005, 04:06 AM
yep, that was me. I was hoping a CERTAIN ZELDA CLASSIC DEVELOPER would remember to credit me, but I guess a miracle is too much to ask on this night *jabs DN* (no, I'm not going to let him forget about this. I'll pester him to his grave!)

System Error
12-25-2005, 06:29 AM
Thanks, DN. Sadly, there is no beta. :(

Nicholas Steel
12-25-2005, 06:49 AM
since i have not got a answer yet (refering to dn)

could someone tell him to check his pm's

rocksfan13
12-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Merry Christmas Everyone!

ShadowTiger
12-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Thanks, DN. Sadly, there is no beta. :(Yes there is. Look deeply inside of yourself for that christmas beta spirit. There's a beta inside us all on this, the highest of holidays, ... ... (And the ... mediumest of holidays, for the Jews ... )

The bloody beta will be released in all good time, with fewer bugs than you thought could ever exist. Have a happy, merry, jolly, sanctimonious, pleasant, joyful, exhuberant, effervescent, ... ... ... something or other.

koopa
12-25-2005, 01:53 PM
A very merry christmas to you all. Special thanks to all those developing games like SE or ZC, your work is much appreciated.

firefly
12-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Merry christmas everyone!!!

DarkFlameWolf
12-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Merry Christmas everyone, click the link below for my newest quest!

....just kidding! But Merry Christmas everyone anyway! :D

EDIT: Oh and franpa, DN will check his messages all in good time and will respond if he feels its necessary.

Dlbrooks33
12-25-2005, 03:14 PM
merry christmas everyone. may i ask you new year's resolution?

Dark Spawn
12-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Merry Christmas, I have PS2 now.

avaquizzer
12-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Merry Christmas all. And a Happy Chanukkah as well!

Freedom
12-25-2005, 08:53 PM
merry christmas everyone. may i ask you new year's resolution?

800x600 pixils

Dark Spawn
12-25-2005, 08:58 PM
Mooooooooooooooooooo

Nicholas Steel
12-25-2005, 09:09 PM
thanks yet again dn

ShadowTiger
12-25-2005, 09:15 PM
800x600 pixils ...

I swear I came up with that first. O_O ... (And my present Resolution is a similar 800x600, and probably will be for all time. :sweat: :rolleyes: )

EDIT: ... Corrected what was quite possibly -the- worst typo in the history of man.

System Error
12-25-2005, 09:18 PM
Only people with outdated monitors (I'm talking ten-years old and still running Windows 95) still use 800x600. And speaking of 182, remember the VSync hyperspeed shenanigans? Yeah, that's was hilariously fun. I get reminded of it every day, and even when my mind is turned off from that nonsense, it still flickers at me. Very weird. I need professional help.

Freedom
12-25-2005, 09:26 PM
Only people with outdated monitors (I'm talking ten-years old and still running Windows 95) still use 800x600. And speaking of 182, remember the VSync hyperspeed shenanigans? Yeah, that's was hilariously fun. I get reminded of it every day, and even when my mind is turned off from that nonsense, it still flickers at me. Very weird. I need professional help.

pretty close.... 7 years old running widows 98

ShadowTiger
12-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Hell, me too. :-/ It's quite the reliable machine though, ... ... but as of late, ZC's sound has been failing me. A shame, really. I'll have to switch over to my AMD, and quite frankly, ... that's my gaming rig. ;_; Everyone uses that machine. My ZC time will be cut in half, and it's already fairly limited by stupid people doing stupid things with stupid hardware.

Meh.

Happy Holidays Everyone! And significant kudos to *b* on the art, I'm sure. :p

mikepjr2
12-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Merry x-mas.
Sorry i have not been here in some time, but i quit using Zelda classic and moved on.
Maybe ill start visiting here more when a better version of Zelda classic is released.

I'm sorry, but right now Zelda classic dose not have enough features for me to want to use it.
Way too many limitations for me i guess.
Not saying it's like that for everyone, just saying I'm unable to get much use from Zelda classic right now.

firefly
12-25-2005, 10:38 PM
WHY?, the current version of Zelda Classic is great, if you know how to use it and how to play it you should know the real ZC fun, and for future versions it will be greater I'm sure.

mikepjr2
12-25-2005, 11:03 PM
I need something with more of graphical umph.

Right now I'm using RPG maker XP, and i programed a game just like Zelda but with much higher graphics an colors.

When it comes to making a game i need allot of graphical features.
I do not mean to upset folks, but i just do not get much use from Zelda classic.

It's 2005 and about to be 2006, by now i thought Zelda classic would have a higher resolution and larger pallets.
When it comes to making a game i like to be able to customize everything.

Monster health, monster moving speed, everything.

I'm hoping by 2008 it will have the features that interest me, i mean 2008 is realistic, that is why i say 2008, i do not expect allot done anytime soon, if ever.
And yes i am aware of Zelda classics capability's, but rather then waiting and complaining to DN for the features id like to have, i moved on to other things.
I mean, it needs more things like the Pegasus boots, larger areas that actually scroll rather then the way it is now.

Just allot of stuff id like.
But like i said, I'm sorry and i do not mean to tick anyone off.
To each his or her own i always say.
The only reason I'm visiting is because i got an e-mail saying that the board has not had much activity.

And i have not been here in 3 months, and before that i had not been here in over a year.

ShadowTiger
12-25-2005, 11:40 PM
Aww, man, ... ... Geeeeeez, ... ZC isn't about limitations, it's about Getting around those limitations! :o You can do so much with ZC if you know how. I've seen the most incredible things done, all because the author simply isn't lazy. :p Heh. Seriously. If you know what you're doing, and know how you're going to do it, there is -VERY- little that you cannot do.

EDIT: ... 100 more posts until the big 8,000. X_x'

firefly
12-26-2005, 12:02 AM
Yeah, There are A LOT of things that you can do within ZC limitations, C' mon you can do amazing things in ZC if you want to.

Brittannianhero4: Keep posting so you can get quickly to the 8,000 posts!!!

ShadowTiger
12-26-2005, 12:22 AM
Oh, rest assured, I am. ;) I have this little bet where I have to reach 8000 posts before This Guy (http://www.thehylia.com/forums/index.php?showuser=112). Think I can make it? XD ... ... Obviously I won't spam or anything. That'd suck.

Just a thought. Would people prefer a glance of the beta -NOW-, or a fully functional version like, .. a semi-long time from now? :o Because if we got a horrendously buggy version of ZC now, I don't think too many people would actually work with it. In fact, I think it just might lessen the peoples' faith in the whole ZC world.

... Obviously though, that's why it's called a beta. ;)

mikepjr2
12-26-2005, 12:33 AM
Well, the other thing is that any and everything i thought of doing for a quest has been done, so i moved on to something with which i can add the features i want through scripting.

Actually, that is something that Zelda classic needs is a scripting system like RGSS or something like that built in.

The other thing id like to see added is panoramas and fogs that can be easely added, rather then spinding a butt load of time animating a butt load of tiles for a paning fog.

And id like to be able to edit links frame count, to where each frame he has moves faster, and id like to be able to to add more frames, oh and id like to be able to make link taller then a mear 16x16, and just allot more features which id like to see.

But like i said, to his or her own, and im better off useing something else, as in me, so maybe for you and manny others it has all the things it needs, but not for me.
Im sure that somewhere down the road DN will add more customization, but until then im going to just use something else.

Anyhow, merry x-mas and im going to bed, i needs my sleep or ill go nuts.

Freedom
12-26-2005, 12:39 AM
mikepjr2,
I have to disagree with you, there's a whole lot that can be done with Zelda Classic, and over the last few years I found that the ones that say that it can't, don't have the imagination to make it happen.
It's just easier to say it has too many limitations then it is to put the effort in to actually building and finishing a quest with it.
;)

most of the things you say you want are in the current beta...
256 color tiles, big Link, more...

Dark Nation
12-26-2005, 02:36 AM
I also want to thank *b* for the awesome picture he made for this post. I didn't mention it before because I didn't want to cause people to think about the 2.10 release fro about a year ago (which he also did the picture for) as it might give away the surprise. :)

*b*
12-26-2005, 03:45 AM
in other words: you forgot. after all I did for you. DN, I'm hurt...

okay okay, fine. I'll accept your reason, but only because you do such awesome work with ZC

mikepjr2
12-26-2005, 10:32 AM
One other thing, why no filter effects?
Like HQ2 or eagle?

One other thing, my computer dose not support such a low resolution, i know this because i just attempted to use Zelda classic and my monitor shuts off until i hit ctrl F4 and exit the program.

I actually have seen some cool screen shots of quests for Zelda classic, but they always never have a beta or even a full game.

Anyhow, anyone else like egg nog without alcohol in it?

I ask because it seem like I'm the only one that likes it with un-spiked.

I was drink some egg nog, and some one was trying to put liquor in it, and then they told me it was supposed to have it in it.
The other thing is I'm allergic to alcohol.
Anyone else have a nice x-mas weekend?

I got nothing from no one, so i went down to the store and got Final fantasy 4 advance for my GBA.
I have been playing it, and i think they may have dulled down the difficulty level big time.

DarkFlameWolf
12-26-2005, 09:00 PM
yeah, they still think we Americans need easy games. Damn, bring on the difficulty!

firefly
12-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Yeah, they only want us to waste from 30 to 60 dollars to get only 3 hours of fun.

Crackers
12-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Hope all of you had the best Holiday ever. I had a great Christmas with my family, 1st time in 20 years that both of my boys were here at the same time. I'm a very happy mama right now. I happen to celebrate Christmas but hope that whatever you celebrate be proud of it. Don't let anyone take it away from you. May all of you have a safe and very Happy New Year!!!!!! :)

mikepjr2
12-26-2005, 10:36 PM
To be honest, i like it dulled down like it is now, i had hell playing it last time.
Actually, they also added the ATB style of battle system, IE wait until the line fills up then it is your turn.

So it kind of evens the difficulty out.

But their is a fine line between a challenging game and a game that is just plain hard.
If it is too hard, you can not have fun with it.

That's why people rather have a moderately challenging game that is really long, and not a really hard game that is really short or even really long.

Back when i had a PC that would play Zelda classic, i had hell playing a few quests.
One was the first version of that mega man quest, the other.......well i can not remember the other ones name.