PDA

View Full Version : Quest 2 error

Spacedebris
12-24-2005, 01:23 AM
Hello all

First I want to say a big THANK YOU for devleoping this version of Zelda. I remember playing this game in school. My friends and I would spend all weekend every weekend for months at a time playing this game. I've of course moved on since then to bigger and more fancy games, but a couple weeks ago, my mom (who is new to computer games) wanted me to find her some games to play. She likes the ones designed for kids mostly (Billy, Raymond, Goosebumps, ect), so I went looking for some freeware games to get an idea what she wanted when I found Zelda Classic. I just about flipped. I forgot all about it. So I downloaded v2.10w and have been having a blast since.

Now to my problem. I did try to use the search button but it wouldnt let me. So I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before. I just beat quest one and started quest two. However, when I start quest 2, Link is stuck in the top left corner. This screen is a rock screen that has a path going from the center of the map to the left (single width) and a ladder going down from the center. I'm stuck in the "wall". Does anyone know a fix for this? Do I need a different version or is there a patch? Or should I just move on to some of the custom, fan created quests. I would really like to play quest 2 (I never made it that far when I was a kid.) thanks for any help you can provide.

Mark

Freedom
12-24-2005, 02:00 AM
you might try entering the name zelda to start the second quest, it may start you in the right spot that way.

cbailey78
01-05-2006, 08:24 PM
That could be a continue bug.

p3charmed
02-16-2006, 06:32 AM
Hi. I too have this same problem. I am not very "computer literate" so unfortunately I don't know what u mean about "typing in the name zelda", or a "continue bug".
Quest 1 worked great. Opened up Quest 2 and I am stuck in the top left-hand corner not able to go right or down.
Please help :)

Nicholas Steel
02-16-2006, 07:25 AM
when you enter your name to start a quest type "zelda" instead of what you normally put in.

Nimono
02-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Actually, I tried entering Zelda as my name once before, but it didn't take me to the Second Quest. How odd. It worked for me on the Classic NES Series GBA game (since that WAS the first time I ever played the Original Zelda game).

rocksfan13
02-16-2006, 04:57 PM
You can also choose custom quest and pick the 2nd quest example too.

Bender
02-16-2006, 06:02 PM
You can also choose custom quest and pick the 2nd quest example too.
That's how I did it. I have 2.10 as well, I'd say just open it in custom quests.

p3charmed
02-21-2006, 03:38 AM
I have tried both entering Zelda before starting and opening up a custom quest "Example quest 2". The first one doesn't help move him and the second option starts the 1st quest all over again. what is a continue bug? Is it something I can fix?

Rakki
02-21-2006, 03:51 AM
I have tried both entering Zelda before starting and opening up a custom quest "Example quest 2". The first one doesn't help move him and the second option starts the 1st quest all over again. what is a continue bug? Is it something I can fix?
You can't fix the continue bug. Also, when you opened the Example 2nd Quest, are you sure it didn't work? The overworld in the 2nd quest is nearly exactly the same as the first, you know. To see if it's different, go into Level 1 and see if it's changed. There should be Stalfos 2's in there instead of normal Stalfos. The way you can tell they're different is they'll be shooting swords at you. :p

p3charmed
02-21-2006, 05:33 AM
Thanks! The stalfos are different. Thanks once again.

revcort
02-25-2006, 07:46 PM
I was going to ask this same question, but it has been answered. Thanks folks.