PDA

View Full Version : I'm having a few problems

MarioBrosCom
12-23-2005, 01:42 PM
I've run into 2 problems when trying to make a game on ZeldaQuest:

Problem 1: When I try setting up the Link sprites from
Quest->Graphics->Sprites->Link, the tiles that I select don't work. Link appears as a black box. Is there another way to do this, or a correct way to set the sprites from Quest->Graphics->Sprites->Link? I'm using v. 2.10.

Also, is there a way to set which tiles are used for Guys and Enemies?

Problem 2: If I try to make a cave in a screen other than 80, the Guy, Strings, and Special Items that I set don't appear at all. Is there a correct to way to do make a cave? I've tried changing the DMap type to Cave type already, and it didn't work.

firefly
12-23-2005, 01:57 PM
Problem 1: The tiles selected in the Link menu must be the First, Second, Third and Fourth on the Tile menu, you can do that by left clicking in the boxes and put that order in the boxes.

In the new enemy tiles you can modify the enemies, the pages are 6-32

Problem 2: The DMap must be on "Dungeon Type", In "Cave" the rooms must have stairs that warp you to screen 80

rocksfan13
12-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Problem 2: The dmap must have a level number greater than "0". Not necessarily with stairs. If you put stairs in a cave or dungeon dmap without assigning a warp destination, it will take you to a cave\item room(Screen 80) Passageways are screen 81.

When you use a dmap other than overworld. You must assign it a level number in order for the guys to say things.

Also you can change the appearance of a guy and enemies but you can't re-designate what tiles the names are assigned to.

Problem 1: If link is showing up black, your extra sprite pallete is missing for his colors. If you go into the help file, it tells you which extra sprite csets belong to each enemy/link.
You can't move the position of the tiles in the quests>graphics>sprites>link. They are preset. They must be on the very first tile and second and third, respectively. If you want to change link, just modify the tile in quest>graphic>tiles.

MarioBrosCom
12-23-2005, 02:45 PM
Thanks, you solved my problem 2. And I think I figured out how to solve problem one, since I got all of my tiles from a Graphics Pack, and there was also a Palette file and a Tile file included with it. So now, my only problem is that it gives me error messages when I try to import them.

rocksfan13
12-23-2005, 03:00 PM
Interesting. It should be able to import them. Unless it's a qst file.

MarioBrosCom
12-23-2005, 03:56 PM
It's not a qst file; the folder had a til, a zpl and a zgp in it. I was able to import the graphics pack, but the til and zpl give me errors that it can't import the file.

rocksfan13
12-23-2005, 04:09 PM
Try downloading them again? Maybe they got corrupted?

MarioBrosCom
12-23-2005, 06:23 PM
I tried that shortly after I started this thread. I haven't had any luck, unfortunately... I'm using this (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets&id=33) tileset, BTW. Can anyone else tell me if it works?

MarioBrosCom
12-24-2005, 12:05 AM
This might be important; Link appears more or less normally when he uses a sword or another item. If it really is a problem with the colours, then there's only a problem with a few of the tiles...

MarioBrosCom
12-26-2005, 09:42 PM
I just got a new computer, so it's definitely the til and zpl files that don't work.. There's no way that this computer has a problem with it already...

firefly
12-26-2005, 09:56 PM
I've just tested it and it didn't opened. I think that the tileset only works in 1.92 beta 182.

rocksfan13
12-27-2005, 09:21 AM
It's quite possible. Try importing them in 1.92, then goto 2.10 and work on it from there. That's the way it has be done for BS animation as well and the CGB tileset as well.

BTW, Mario: Please try to use the edit button if you want to add more comments. Triple posting like that can get moderators and admins a little miffed.