PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Wind Fish
12-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Hey, me again. I've got some more errors that I have no idea what to do with.
(any thing covered in alphadawg's tutorial was used, if that helps)
first,link walks on top of almost every passageway in the dungeon., even though I set the tiles as doors.
second, locked doors just don't appear.
Finally, bombable walls only work on one side when I bomb a wall, and when I go back to the panel, it's a solid wall. How this works is you are warped to the a screen on the dungeon, and you must bomb a wall to your left, right, or down to escape to a panel that you've already been to.

man, zquest is confusing.

LinkMaster500
12-23-2005, 11:57 AM
Are you inserting the doors by hitting F6, then selecting which door (north, south, east, or west) you want, then picking the door type (locked, nornmal, bombable, shutter etc...) You might be trying to enter the doors in manually, and that's not the best way to do it.

As far as bombable walls, you want to put them on both side walls so that when you bomb one end and enter the door, the opening appears on the other side too. That way, the quest player doesn't have to bomb the other end in order to get back.

Also, I'm assuming that you Dmap type is set to "Dungeon."

Freedom
12-23-2005, 12:05 PM
Link walks on top of the doors because the "freeform dungeon" rule is checked in rules.
right click on all of the door combos on the right and choose "overhead combo" as their type.

rocksfan13
12-23-2005, 12:05 PM
Also make sure that your dmap dungeon has a level number greater than "0".

Wind Fish
12-24-2005, 01:34 PM
oh, setting the dungeon level to "1" killed everything. half of the flags don't work, and the enemies coming from the sides never move, and the merchant doesn't appear in his cave anymore. Although the locked doors and bombable walls work. Will I have to change half the dungeon, or is there another way to make locked doors?

MarioBrosCom
12-24-2005, 02:49 PM
oh, setting the dungeon level to "1" killed everything. half of the flags don't work, and the enemies coming from the sides never move, and the merchant doesn't appear in his cave anymore. Although the locked doors and bombable walls work. Will I have to change half the dungeon, or is there another way to make locked doors?

You can't have enemies entering from the sides in dungeons. From what I read in a tutorial, enemies have to be one combo away from each side in a dungeon.

firefly
12-24-2005, 03:04 PM
You must have the enemies in "Random" instead of "Enter from sides" in the pattern menu.

Wind Fish
12-24-2005, 11:25 PM
Hm. Well, is there any way to maked locked doors in a dungeon?

MarioBrosCom
12-26-2005, 01:56 PM
Only if you use the Doors menu. Whatever you set as the door combo will appear as a locked door. You can't manually put the locked doors, because they won't work properly. If it's really necessary, you can use a lock block type combo (only put one in the way).