PDA

View Full Version : Improve this S.S.

Freelancer
12-22-2005, 08:59 PM
How can improve this screenshot of my game menu? Besides the fact that I need to add in instructions for navigating the menu. Im bad at letter art and the screen wont look as good since you probably will see it in small resolution.

http://ca.geocities.com/[email protected]/zelda006.bmp

firefly
12-22-2005, 09:36 PM
It looks good, you can put more things on it, that way it could look better.

Freelancer
12-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Well i was planning on a sort of terrain clip box, (like in kka I except smaller and better looking)

LJ Bad
12-23-2005, 10:50 AM
You should scan in a picture or something that will catch a player's eye. As it is now, it just looks like a boring select screen. One thing I didn't like about KKA was that the title screens (or terrain clip boxes or whatever you call 'em) were kinda boring and lacked detail. If you put some interesting details on that select screen it will look better.

Like I said, scanning in a picture is a good idea. If you don't think you're a good enough artist or if you don't have a scanner, you might be able to ask someone else to do it for you, and then just credit that person when you come out with your quest. But I have to say, that the select screen you have definitely makes the game look like its going to have lots of fun options. I can't wait to play it.

Freelancer
12-23-2005, 06:41 PM
Thanks, I think if anyone could help, I probably will need

-scene for Planet New Earth (sort of a war scene and snowy, with few trees, and not a close up (sort of as far away as in KKA I)
-scene for Greece (shore scene, no old temples, water to the north, a lava mountain to the south of a lake town and a snow mountain to the southeast, probably a river and with a forest near the town, maby an island to the north. No big city and no park)

Freelancer
12-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Im double posting here because i do not with to start a new thread, but I want people to see this, something the edit button will not support.

The image is better now, how do you guys like it now? (should turn out somewhat clearer when played.