PDA

View Full Version : My Quest is finally up!!!

Darth Pikachu
12-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Yay! My quest is finally up! I know it sounds like bragging, but it's finally up. I reccomend all who want a decent challenge to give it a shot, it is tough (at least I think so) and long. Also if you have any feedback, good, bad or otherwise, don't be afraid to put a message up. I love constructive criticism. :D

ms_zelda_lady
12-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Congrats Darth. I have downloaded your quest but I've already died 4 times trying to get the Kokiri Fortress boss. What's with the conveyor belt?
Where's the magic jar in the level? I'm going to explore a little in the hopes I find some more heart pieces so hopefully I'll get the boss. Otherwise I give up. Its bad enough looking for all the heart pieces but to make the first boss so hard well........
I play these quests to have fun not to get so frustrated in the first level.

ms_zelda_lady

Freelancer
12-22-2005, 05:11 PM
I love the graphix and I am glad that a new quest was updated, maby no one will look at my quest anymore : ) and i will be safe. Good luck on it, hope it goes well.

sasja
12-23-2005, 07:00 AM
first of all I like your lay out, looks nice. one question I found just one item ( or two but they makes one) and I miss the map in lvl 1. now I can't find lvl 2 did I miss something in the first level, I can't check if I had all the rooms because of missing the map

Darth Pikachu
12-23-2005, 11:09 AM
I don't think you did. By the time you finish level 1, you should have the bow and arrow, and the boomerang, but you had to buy the boomerang. To get to level 2, you first need to find the candle, which is hidden deep in the graveyard. Did you find the graveyard yet?

sasja
12-23-2005, 11:54 AM
nice to hear, yes I found the graveyard and there is one stone I can't move. Is that the one you mean, I try yo bomb it but doesn't work either

Darth Pikachu
12-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Yep, you should be able to push that headstone up to enter the dungeon in the graveyard.

By the way, if you REALLY want the map to level 1, it is in the room with the wall masters and the traps. Just keep pushing blocks.

patty3762gla
12-23-2005, 06:09 PM
I can't find level 2 either. I have the candle and the super bomb from the graveyard. The yard above this one has a stone that should move but it won't push it is the one with the bridge blocked by hammer spots. Do you need the bracelet? If so where is it.

Freelancer
12-23-2005, 06:31 PM
Whats going on here? 2.5? who rated it that? It looks like a 3.5 if you ask me, i rated it four myself.

Darth Pikachu
12-23-2005, 07:35 PM
First the hint for level 2, I'm gonna give the hint, and then if it isn't subtle enough, I'll explain. Wouldn't it stand to reason that once you get the candle that you would need to burn a bush somewhere in the world? Maybe even on a screen listed on this site? Hmm..... :D Hopefully, that wasn't too cryptic.

As for the rating, I can completely understand why the rating is low. Like I said, it is a challenge and the start isn't any easy either. But like I also said earlier, I will be more than willing to answer direct questions without giving it all away. Me personally, I love a challenge. I hope you do to.

Freelancer
12-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Still, challange is okay, that should not take away from a quest unless it happens to be too much. Personaly, I wouldnt want a qst that I actualy spent lots of time on to get a bad rating, especialy if it turned out looking so good.

patty3762gla
12-23-2005, 09:20 PM
I found level 2 while I was waiting for your answer. Thanks anyway.

Nanni
12-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Where can we dowload the quest?

Freelancer
12-23-2005, 10:29 PM
Its on the main zc screen.

sasja
12-24-2005, 10:18 AM
who will and can give me a hint for the second sword?

sctmorgan
12-24-2005, 11:15 AM
Help...How do you get the door open in level 2 screen 3/6. I have the bracelet but can't get the door open. I've tried moving the blocks but nothing happens.

Darth Pikachu
12-24-2005, 12:18 PM
sctmorgan, there is a door in level 2 floor 3/6 that you won't be able to open. Don't get hung up on that for now. Just a question, is it the room with the ropes in it? That room you won't be able to open yet.

sasja, the second sword is a bit of a challenge to get, but once you complete Level 2, go to Hyrule Castle, your questions will be answered there. Start looking around there.

A question for everyone. Would it be somewhat useful if I made a walkthrough of the quest? I've been debating this idea, but haven't decided whether or not I should do this.

Freelancer
12-24-2005, 12:20 PM
Yes, you should make walkthroughs for all confusing quests that you create, it would be easier for the players and you : ).

sctmorgan
12-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Darth,
Thanks for answering. I'm confused right now, I'm unable to go any further in the quest and that 's the only door that I see I can open. I can get to the boss door but I don't have the boss key yet.

I like challenges, if you make a walkthrough, I'll only look it at if I'm very lost which I am now.

Darth Pikachu
12-24-2005, 03:53 PM
I took these thoughts into consideration. Started a walkthrough at the site below, but I only did through Level 1. I will continue through the frist 8 levels (after that there are some spoilers so mabye down the road I'll finish it after people have had a chance to beat it w/o my help.)

http://www.geocities.com/darthpikachu21/Level1.html

sctmorgan
12-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Can you give me a hint on Level 3? I'm unable to finish lvl 2. Is the ladder in level 3 or level 2?

Darth Pikachu
12-24-2005, 05:53 PM
A hint on level 3. Well, to get to level 3, you first should go through Hyrule Castle, especially the Basement. You will find what you need to go through the South Mountain, which will open up a path to Termina, and the path to Level 3. But to get to Level 3, you must have an item in Hyrule Castle.

As for the ladder, you won't see that until Level 4, but if you want to challenge Level 4 before Level 3, I think you can do that. However, you won't complete the Level without the item in Hyrule Castle, though I never even thought to try that. I think you may be able to get the ladder that way, but no promises.

UPDATE: I finished the walkthough up through level 2. So if you need help after level 2, keep waiting.

sctmorgan
12-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Disregard my email, I figured it out.

Nanni
12-25-2005, 11:31 PM
Can't find the hammer in level 2. Any hints?

Darth Pikachu
12-26-2005, 12:46 AM
Yep, the hammer's in Level 2, but you don't need it yet. Trust me. You'll come back for it later, and you'll need it to access Level 8. So unless you are ready for Level 8, just memo it that you need it later on.

If you ARE ready for level 8, i.e. you beat Levels 1-7, then my tip would be to look for a better glove before finding the hammer. To truly access it without any problems, it might be useful to have the red candle and the lens.

sctmorgan
12-26-2005, 01:39 PM
I'm getting bet to death in lvl 5. Any hints on where the blue and red suits are?

Darth Pikachu
12-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Yep. Did you find the Ice Cavern and the Ruins of Holodrum yet? The Ice Cavern has the blue ring while the Ruins of Holodrum has something nice. I thought I put a hint in the game about both of these.

Boommaster
12-26-2005, 05:12 PM
I am getting nowhere in lv2. Do you have a walk through for this lv. If so please let us know where we can find it. Thanks!!!!!!!

sctmorgan
12-26-2005, 06:55 PM
Darth, I finally got the reward from lvl 5 but I haven't found the Boss yet and defeated him. It is almost impossible to defeat this level because of the fire throwers and the enemies. I can't find the Ice Cavern and I found the Ruins of Holodrum but I can't get to the upper left and right rooms andy I can't go any further.

Boommaster,
Here's the link to the walkthrough for levels 1 - 2. http://www.geocities.com/darthpikachu21/Level1.html

Darth Pikachu
12-26-2005, 09:43 PM
sctmorgan, Try back tracking to Hyrule, and heading left of Level 2. If you follow the mountains, you will find a cave with some Lynels in it. Go up the stairs and to the right, and you'll be at the Ice Cavern.

Also, in the ruins of holodrum, the key is the keys and the bombs. In the level, there is the path of locked doors. If you search those walls you will find some of them are bombable, and thus you'll be able to continue. Technically I thought this was implied by the name "RUINS" of Holodrum.

As for Level 5, yes it is a tough level, but if you have the item at the end of the ruins of holodrum and the item in the Ice Cavern, you 'should' have no problem completing the level.

sctmorgan
12-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Is there any bomb upgrades in this games? If so, can you give me a hint? It's hard to keep bombing walls with only 4 bombs. Disregard, found the bomb upgrade in the Ruins.

I'm now in lvl 7 and in the screen 1/6 in the bottom right-handed floor, once I kill the wizrobes I heard a tone but nothing is there. Is there suppose to be something there. I'm unable to move the block and bomb the walls.?

Darth Pikachu
12-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Yep, there are three in the game. One is in the Ruins of Holodrum, one is in Level 8, and a third is in the desert west of Hyrule, but you may need the lens to see the path. I figured around this point you would need more bombs.

sctmorgan
12-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Darth Pikachu,
I'm enjoying playing your quest but the Items and Equipment is so far in between. Also, I still haven't found the Whistle. Any hints.

Darth Pikachu
12-27-2005, 08:24 PM
The whistle is one of the most critical items in the game. It isn't until level 8 that you get the whistle.
As for the pacing, this is the first quest I've ever put up, but not the first, so I'll definetly take this into consideration for any projects in the future, so thank you for the feedback.

patty3762gla
12-27-2005, 09:43 PM
where is level 4

Nanni
12-27-2005, 10:35 PM
What do we need for pass the advanced passage?

sctmorgan
12-27-2005, 11:19 PM
Lvl 4 is down one screen and left one screen from level 3. Try walking through trees.

Darth,
I'm now in lvl 7 and in the screen 1/6 in the bottom right-handed floor, once I kill the wizrobes I heard a tone but nothing is there. Is there suppose to be something there. I'm unable to move the block and bomb the walls.?

Darth Pikachu
12-28-2005, 01:15 AM
patty3762gla, Level 4 isn't that hard to miss, giant statue in stone, just difficult to see how to get there. But sctmorgan is right, there is a tree you can walk through.

Nanni, could you be more specific? There are many caves and paths in the game. Is it a cave or a dungeon?

sctmorgan, the room is a glitch from the old system. (Remember this project has evolved since its inception). Technically, the glitch goes as follows: the room has the "enemies -> secret" flag on it and flag 16 is a staircase, but no flag 16 on the screen. So you hear a tone, but no staircase appears.

gekos
12-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Darth: Done with L1 can't find the graveyard.

Darth Pikachu
12-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Check this forum. There is a walkthrough that spells out pretty much where the graveyard is. The exact location in the walkthrough is http://www.geocities.com/darthpikachu21/bluecandle.html

rocksfan13
12-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Just a suggestion.

If you're gonna build dungeons like this, use the dmap type "cave". It won't push link 2 tiles into the next room.

gekos
12-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Thanks Darth - never dawned on me to shoot the sign.

sctmorgan
12-28-2005, 03:34 PM
In level 7, how do I get to the other floors. It seems I keep going in circles. Floors 1/6 & 2/6 but I can't find the other floors. I can walk through the walk above the Boss key but the warp sends me back to the room with the stairway glitch.

Darth Pikachu
12-28-2005, 04:25 PM
sctmorgan, to continue, you first need to find a key. There are plenty of them in Level 7, one is in the upper left cornet of 1/6, and also there is one in the lower right corner of 2/6. You'll just have to kill some monsters. Also, this is the part of the game where if you don't have everything, it'll catch up to you. You should have the hammer, the magic shield, the big wallet, the red candle, and the bracelet Lv2. Once you have a key head right one screen and up two. This should lead to 3/6. Also when you find the compass, this is the room where you will need to get past to continue. Did you get ALL of the items?

sasja
12-28-2005, 06:23 PM
can you tell how you get so far in this quest sctmorgan I am keep dying in the ruins. I only did 4 levels and died 130 times. I hope to find the third sword in the ruins otherwise I don't even think of playing lvl 5. I think this quest is to hard for me.

sctmorgan
12-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Sasja,
For the Ruins you will need bombs and magic. You will mostly have to bomb the right walls to get access to leftside of the map. There is a bomb upgrade in the Ruins. Also by killing the knights and wizrobes, you can replenish your bombs and magic. I had to leave the Ruins to get more bombs and magic. Also, I did died quite a bit. In lvl 5 you get the wand and book but you don't need it for the Ruins. (Try bombing the 3rd & 4th right walls. I think you have to time it just right when you bomb the walls.)

Darth Pikachu,
I don't have any of the items you mentioned. I don't have the big wallet to buy the magic shield. Can you give me a hint on some of the items?

Also, what prize do I get in Level 6 because I didn't retrieve anything?

sasja
12-28-2005, 07:12 PM
can you tell me did I get the third sword there?

sctmorgan
12-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Yes

Darth Pikachu
12-28-2005, 09:13 PM
Ok sctmorgan, time to get it all straight. The first step should be to get the red candle which is in Level 6. If you go to the room with the boss door on it and you go right 2 screens, up 2 screens to the stairs, and then take the stairs to the next room, if you kill all the monsters there, you will find the red candle.
After you have the red candle, backtrack to Hyrule and go north of the desert. There is a cave you'll see blocked by Lynels and bushes. Kill the Lynels and burn the bushes (this is why you need the red candle BTW) to enter the cave to get the Lv2 Bracelet.
Once you have the have the bracelet, explore Level 2 again, and you'll find the hammer.
Now once you have the hammer, go west from Ikana Graveyard, and follow the path to a shop. In the shop you will find the huge wallet for 500 rupees and the mirror shield for 650. First buy the huge wallet, and then get more rupees. ( Hopefully, you took very few if none of the rupees in Ruins of Holodrum, so you can claim them now, making your quest for 650 easier). Then buy the mirror shield. This should be more than enough for Level 7.
IF you don't have the big wallet,i.e. your max rupees is 255, then you need to head back to level 3 for the wallet. I just updated the walkthrough, and it goes through Level 3, so I won't go into detail on that.

Also, if you are having trouble in the Ruins of Holodrum, I would suggest going back to the Ice Cavern to get the Blue Mail, and to backtrack to Ikana Graveyard to find the letter, to get potions in Termina. ( But I did warn y'all that this is a tough quest.)

sctmorgan
12-28-2005, 09:29 PM
This looks stupid but I tried to move the blocks in that room (the 2 screens on the right) and was unable to do anything to them. Am I missing another item because I have the L1 bracelet.

Darth Pikachu
12-29-2005, 12:18 AM
No, the walls in the previous room are bombable. Try placing some bombs in the previous room.

sctmorgan
12-29-2005, 11:23 AM
I went back to the Graveyard to find the letter but was unable to figure out the maze. I keep getting stuck in the outside. Any hints.
Never mind I figured it out.

sasja
12-29-2005, 12:22 PM
I finally strong enough to do lvl 5 but I cannot find the way to go to the boss.

another question: a hint please where to find lvl 6

Darth Pikachu
12-29-2005, 01:23 PM
sasja, in Level 5, you should find the wand and book. The only way to get to the boss is with magic. So if you didn't find the wand and book in level 5, you should look through it, thoroughly. There is a wall you have to bomb a wall in the lower left corner, just kill the darknuts first, to reveal it. Once you have the wand, use it on some statues. This should lead you to the boss.

Level 6 is south of Level 5 in the desert. Look for some armos.

WindStrike
12-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Uhh, I need the boss key and ladder in level 4, but I can't find another key. (I used the two keys I got to get to the room before the boss, and got the heart piece. In other words, I have not reached the entire right side of the dungeon, meaning I have the key from the darknuts and the maze.)
EDIT: Ok, found the boss key, still need the ladder.

sasja
12-29-2005, 05:12 PM
I found the book and the wand but not the map and compas so I guess that the boss is in the left upper corner but I can't find the way to it

Darth Pikachu
12-29-2005, 05:58 PM
Windstrike, the ladder in level 4 is in the room at the 'center of the latch', i.e. on the right side of the map it looks like a handle to a briefcase, look in the center room, and kill the windrobe. It will reveal the ladder.

sasja, the boss of the level is in the upper right corner. Shoot the statue you found the boss key in with the wand and cross the bridge. From there, use the boss key on the boss lock. From here, kill the aquamentus around the traps and then bomb the right wall, and go through to the boss.

WindStrike
12-29-2005, 06:03 PM
The problem is, I still need another key to get to the right side of the map. (and i already beat up the boss)

Darth Pikachu
12-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Check my walkthrough. I just updated with Level 4 in it. :)

Avalee
12-29-2005, 10:10 PM
I went back to the Graveyard to find the letter but was unable to figure out the maze. I keep getting stuck in the outside. Any hints.
Never mind I figured it out.

Can you give me a hint on that, i can't figure it out for the life of me.

WindStrike
12-29-2005, 11:46 PM
Ok, from the start of the maze, push the block left and go down, and then go back up. Push the block up and then push the other block left to go down. Destroy the jars and move that one block that's sticking out to the left and then push that other sticking out one downwards, and take the right of the two paths. Then destroy the jars to the topright of the next room and push that sticking out block downwards and go right. Then, destroy the jars until you get the letter. (If I messed up somewhere there, I'll check it)

WindStrike
12-30-2005, 12:14 AM
You know, this will probably sound pretty pathetic, but where is level 5?
EDIT: Heh, thanks. Never thought of actually looking past the ruins, which was the most annoying place I have ever gone through in ZC (Armaggedon quest does not count - it is gay)

Avalee
12-30-2005, 12:20 AM
Level 5 is to the far right of the graveyard, you'll cross the broken bridge and come across the ruins. Go down and cross the long broken up bridge and go right, then up.

I can't believe i missed that moveable block, i must have just tried pushing it down or to the right instead of to the left. Thank you.

Darth Pikachu
12-30-2005, 12:53 AM
Just updated the walkthrough to include everything up through Level 5, which includes the Ruins of Holodrum, Ice Cavern, and the path to the letter.

WindStrike
12-30-2005, 01:27 AM
Ok, I've opened up 2 locked doors in Level 6, but I can't figure out what to do after that (yeah, I bombed a lot of walls, that didnt really work)

Avalee
12-30-2005, 02:11 AM
If you've opened the 2 locked doors you've probably gotten to the boss door. When you kill everything in that room the door to the right opens. You go right until you get to the room with the top door blocked off. Kill everything in that room to open the top door, go back left and bomb along the right wall so you can get inside of those blocks in the room you just left and go in and up through the door. Kill all the wizards to open the door when you have to and you should end up in a room with a passageway. When you go through the passage you'll end up in another room full of wizards, once you've killed them all you get the candle. That's as far as i've gotten so far. Wanted to go get the hammer and mirrorshield,

WindStrike
12-30-2005, 02:44 AM
Righto, where's the shop with the big wallet? Anyways, why is there a patch of unlimited tall grass two screens to the right of the medicine shop? (I found that out after I got the letter to get past level 2) Is it for cheap money?

Avalee
12-30-2005, 03:53 AM
Back at the graveyard where you use the hammer and it's pretty much a one way path from there to the shop with the wallet.

Darth Pikachu
12-30-2005, 11:46 AM
It seems someone found my little secret with the secret money. :laughing: Anyway, if you are stuck on Level 6, I added the walkthrough for that level as well.

Avalee, if you got the huge wallet, you know where the mirror shield is. As for the hammer, once you get the Bracelet LV2, backtrack to a previous level to find the hammer.

WindStrike
12-30-2005, 04:39 PM
On the hidden path, where it has leave the money or life, I can't get to the money because there is no path to it. How do I get around that? (Unless I'm supposed to have flippers or something)

Darth Pikachu
12-30-2005, 05:39 PM
Some tips might be to use the Lens. Sometimes, they reveal more than meets the eye.

Crackers
12-31-2005, 06:07 PM
So far I've enjoyed the quest but now I'm stuck in lv3. I can't beat the boss. The conveyor makes it way too hard and I have 9 hearts and potion. I need some help or I'll never be able to finish. Please, someone tell me how to beat the boss. Looks like I'm the only one who can't. Going to try and so lv4 after I go to the "secret" and fill my wallet.

Darth Pikachu
12-31-2005, 08:40 PM
Crackers, it's AOK that you may need to go on without killing the boss. Just remember to come back later to kill it. If it really too challenging, go to level 4 and get the ladder and then go get the blue mail in the Ice Cavern.

Windstrike, in the Hidden Path, there IS a way to get through without paying the Heart Container. From the start, head on the rightside path. When you get to the end, you will find the amulet. When you take the amulet, don't forget to bomb the wall. :)

I didn't think Ruins of Holodrum was all that challenging. What makes it challenging, so I can avoid any 'blunders' like this again?

sctmorgan
01-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Darth,
I've gotten all the Fires (Dins) from the Magical Temple. Now I'm assuming I need the flippers. Where do I go from there. I have opened some areas in the snow area but some areas I can't accomplish. Where do I get the flippers?

Darth Pikachu
01-01-2006, 12:46 AM
You should be finished with Magical Triad when you collect all three 'magic' items. Your assumption is correct. Go to Hyrule and start looking for a whistle spot to find the Flippers.

sasja
01-01-2006, 09:15 AM
I finished all the 8 lvl and now everywhere I come they asked me for the triforce. I got the message about a powerfull piece of triforce to collect but cannot find it. so I need help to progress.

sctmorgan
01-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Sasja,
Try the cave in route to the Ruins and level 5. Remember it's the cave that requires the ladder and hammer.

Darth Pikachu
01-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Sasja, if you are looking for a piece of the triforce, try level 8. Remember, the last item you got in level 8 was the whistle, and there were some whistle marks you may have missed, due to not having it.

sctmorgan
01-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Darth Pikachu,
Can you give me a hint to the puzzle with the color blocks in the Snow Mountains? I'm able to get to the left side to activate the star but I can't get to the bottom of the color blocks. Are is there another route I need to take.

Darth Pikachu
01-01-2006, 10:24 PM
The point of that section of the snow mountains IS to get the star. There is nothing else in the room with the color blocks.

sctmorgan
01-02-2006, 12:08 AM
Thanks Darth Pikachu.
Another question...How do I get out of Eternal Dungeon. I see the statues with the shields but I don't know what to do.

Darth Pikachu
01-02-2006, 08:56 AM
There are only two hints you really need for the Eternal Dungeon.
1) Use the Lens.
2) When all else fails, push some blocks.
Those shields you are seeing with the Lens represent refelctive magic. So shoot the wand around. Eventually, you will shoot it in the right place.

sctmorgan
01-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Darth Pikachu,
Your quest was great. I think that the Eternal Dungeon is way to hard. You only have 12 bombs and can only carry 1 super bomb. I made it to the 5th floor but was warped back to the very beginning. Since I lost the 1 super bomb I had it was pointless to try to defeat the Eternal Dungeon when you can get stuck in a room without any bombs. You can also get stuck without your sword and other items. I didn't see any bomb upgrades or a place where you could buy a super bomb. Great quest but the Eternal Dungeon is very hard without the required items.

WindStrike
01-02-2006, 06:43 PM
I believe there was two super bomb shops, one around the middle of termina in the small desert and the other, I don't remember. Anyways, you could have carried up to three with 12 bombs. I'm in the magic triad and I'm trying to get the chest on the far right, but I keep losing my sword in the room before. I try to fire boomerang them, but they spawn right on top of me. Is there something else I can do(maybe nayru's love, wherever that is)

Darth Pikachu
01-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Windstrike, technically for the room on the far right, I'm assuming the upper right corner, with Faeore's Wind, you don't need a sword. Use the Hammer to kill most foes when you lose the sword. You may lose both the sword and the item command, but you will have your Mirror shield left to handle and foes that shoot fireballs and magic. If you want Naryu's Love, I would start by looking in the lower left corner.

sctmorgan, the reason that I made the Eternal Dungeon so hard, and unlike Ruins of Holodrum, I made this intentionally hard, is so it would be your final challenge. Remember, Ganon doesn't want you to escape with the Master Sword. :D . But the problem you are having with the bombs was unexpected. To remedy this, I will update the quest file with a way to get bombs. In the meantime, I'll email you 'some help'. Sorry

UPDATE!!!

Just uploaded the updated file with this glitch fixed.
www.geocities.com/darthpikachu21/mqptone.zip
This should fix the problem.
I just have a question, does anyone know how to update it on THIS site?

dagon
01-02-2006, 11:25 PM
This is a pretty good quest other than some bugs but you are too fond of those puzzle rooms with the posts that lower and raise with the boomerang trigger in my opinion. They're not hard, they just get incredibly annoying. After the fourth straight room of them in that magical triad they've become redundant and make it hard to keep any enthusiasm about finishing this quest. Going through that dungeon is getting to be just too much of a chore to want to finish it. It's been a lot of fun up to this point so i hope i'll feel like doing them after taking a break from them.

WindStrike
01-03-2006, 05:55 PM
I think something you should keep in mind darth is putting more than one potion shop in a quest. Having just one in termina and some big rip-offs in hyrule gets really annoying having to go all the way to termina just to get a double potion for 68 rupees. And I do have to agree with Dagon, those puzzles are EXTREMELY annoying. In other words, never put more than one large puzzle on a single path. Small ones, sure, but the larger and more annoying ones, that is - again - annoying. Aside from that, great quest. Overworld might've used a little bit of work, but that's ok.

Crackers
01-03-2006, 08:02 PM
I hate to say this but your quest is much too hard for me. I've died over 125 times and only got to lv4, didn't finish lv3, don't have the tunic, or the hammer. I started out having fun but now I think I'll leave your quest to the expert players. If you ever make it any easier let me know. I'd be happy to retry it.

firefly
01-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Yes, I think that's why this quest is called "Master quest", I've died at least 30 times and I'm just beggining the quest, I suck at playing quests.

Darth Pikachu
01-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Well, I have debated whether or not to make an eaiser version, but what kind of incentive would that give the people who play the original? Plus, if you play through it, you'll see why it would be a LOT more work for me. :laughing: . I encourage y'all to keep playing, because yes it is tough, but don't you feel really satisfied when you complete something that was really a challenge for you?

Crackers
01-04-2006, 12:08 AM
I think your quest is great and I would love to be able to beat it but I'm just an average player and don't think I would be able to get very much farther than what I am. That's the only reason I would ask for an easier version. :shrug: And yes, I would really be satisfied if I could beat it and who knows maybe sometime I will. :rolleyes: My hats off to all of you who have gotten so far!!! Lots of skill out there. :laughing: :clap: :clap:

fajz
01-05-2006, 04:45 PM
I've spent enough time in this #### Eternal Dungeon. Can someone tell me how to get out of here so I can finish this quest? Also where are the Boots?

Darth Pikachu
01-05-2006, 05:18 PM
First off, there are no boots in the game, it's one of the few items I left out. Secondly, to answer your question, I ask one back. Doesn't the Eternal Dungeon seem somewhat familiar to another group of dungeons from another Zelda game? Hm..... :D . Any way, to get out, after you figure out the above hint, to exit, look in the triforce rooms with the lens for hints to figure out what to do next. Also, if it helps, you can find the purple mail in the Eternal Dungeon, but it might be too hard for you. The only hint I'll give is look where the bomb upgrade would normally be.

fajz
01-05-2006, 05:46 PM
I know it's "Eagle dungeon" from the original Zelda. However once I get to the Triforce room and exit to the North it just takes me back to the Eagle start room. The lens tells me in the triforce room that you need to hit the statue with a richocet with the Mirror Shield but there is nothing to hit the Mirror shield to hit the statues with.

dagon
01-05-2006, 08:56 PM
How do you get to this eternal dungeon? I've done the magic triad and the final ordeal but can't find a path to take to get anywhere new. I've got a large chunk of the bottom right map in the snow world i can't get to as well as a large chunk in the upper right from the magic triad dungeon. Stuck on this for a couple of days now.

Boommaster
01-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Can someone please tell me where I might find the lens of truth??? Been everywhere and still can't find it. Thanks in advance.

dagon
01-05-2006, 09:31 PM
The lens is in level 7, you drop through a hole that has hammer posts all around it.

Boommaster
01-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the info, but I also don't know where level 7 is. My sister is playing this quest ritht now and I'm doing all the asking for her. Hope you can give me a hint where that level might be. She said she has everything else. Thanks again.

WindStrike
01-05-2006, 11:11 PM
After you beat level 6, go to west of termina where you find a desert. On a certain screen (search the shoreline), there should be a small island with a skull on it on the left side. Hookshot over and hookshot or ladder over on the next screen and keep going until you reach a Windmill. That is level 7 (Warning: Try not to waste keys - check the level out before you start using them)

Darth Pikachu
01-06-2006, 08:13 AM
Access to the Eternal Dungeon:
Throughout the game there have Triforce tiles that have appeared near the main dungeons. Near these tiles is a whistle warp that takes you to the snowy grounds in the snowy grounds there are some star tiles that release a ruver. Touch the star tiles and swim down the river and head in shore and explore. Eventually you will get to a frozen lake with some patra 2s. There will be one with a frozen dodongo on the screen. Kill them to reveal a super bomb, and use it on the dodongos head to reveal the eternal dungeon. Go down and claim the Master Sword.

to anyone who is having the problem with the first triforce room, yes it appears as if there aren't any reflectors, but shoot the wand at parts of the room anyway. If you fire at the right places, it will become apparent where the spots really are.

dagon
01-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Yeah i was a complete dope and missed the warp in the desert by six. Great dungeon by the way, it really was starting to feel eternal.

athanato
01-07-2006, 10:39 PM
lvl 2 is brutal, and why is it almost impossible to get bombs in this game? I haven't found a shop that sells them nor does the AI want to give me any, it takes a good 5-30 min of killing in the outterworld just to get the AI to caugh up one bomb.

Edit: I found the bomb shop. But only able to have 4 bombs at a time is crule, keep having to run back out to get more.

nashvillan
01-08-2006, 05:18 AM
Darth, I am your father....

Heh heh, sorry, couldn't resist.

I was reading your walkthrough cause I was stuck in level 2, and I noticed your strategy about killing dodongos. It's actually much simpler than you make it out to be to stun them. The trick is to face them, but don't stand directly in front of them. Try to position yourself so that Link's sword is in line with the Dodongo's horn on his head and not his mouth. If you bomb his horn, he is stunned and it only takes one bomb to pull it off. In this way, it is sometimes possible to stun multiple Dodongos if you stand between the square tiles on the floor. In later levels with multiple dodongos, a real pro might even attempt to use the super bomb to stun multiple dodongos because they are hoping to pick up an extra super bomb for no extra cost. Risky move, but a big money saver. Wouldn't recommend trying it early, though. Even if you are successful, your bomb bag would only hold one of them.

athanato
01-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Ok sctmorgan, time to get it all straight. The first step should be to get the red candle which is in Level 6. If you go to the room with the boss door on it and you go right 2 screens, up 2 screens to the stairs, and then take the stairs to the next room, if you kill all the monsters there, you will find the red candle.
After you have the red candle, backtrack to Hyrule and go north of the desert. There is a cave you'll see blocked by Lynels and bushes. Kill the Lynels and burn the bushes (this is why you need the red candle BTW) to enter the cave to get the Lv2 Bracelet.
Once you have the have the bracelet, explore Level 2 again, and you'll find the hammer.
Now once you have the hammer, go west from Ikana Graveyard, and follow the path to a shop. In the shop you will find the huge wallet for 500 rupees and the mirror shield for 650. First buy the huge wallet, and then get more rupees. ( Hopefully, you took very few if none of the rupees in Ruins of Holodrum, so you can claim them now, making your quest for 650 easier). Then buy the mirror shield. This should be more than enough for Level 7.
IF you don't have the big wallet,i.e. your max rupees is 255, then you need to head back to level 3 for the wallet. I just updated the walkthrough, and it goes through Level 3, so I won't go into detail on that.

Also, if you are having trouble in the Ruins of Holodrum, I would suggest going back to the Ice Cavern to get the Blue Mail, and to backtrack to Ikana Graveyard to find the letter, to get potions in Termina. ( But I did warn y'all that this is a tough quest.)

I have found what seems to be the huge wallet shop (big upside down V shaped tree in the far bottom right of Termina) but he won't sell me anything i.e. he has no items on display nor will he say anything. I got 500 rupees, brace.l2, hammer of course.
What's up?
Do I need to finish lvl 5 & lvl 6 first?

Edit: n/m I found the letter.

athanato
01-09-2006, 01:10 AM
In lvl 7, 2nd floor from the main entrance where you start out from.

If you go to the left all the way (two rooms) and then up one room there is a heart blocked in by blocks, how do you get to the heart?

Do you use the the bottom wrap in the center of 1st floor? If so how do you get down to it?

thnx

athanato
01-09-2006, 01:53 AM
I found another nasty bug, After leaving lvl 7 with the raft I am stuck in the lake, there is a raft dock just a little north east of lvl 7 on a small island full of statues but the AI refuses to let me even get close to the dock, just keeps pushing me away and there are no other docks and thus no way to get back to the mainland.

ZC 2.10
quest build 2/1/2006

athanato
01-09-2006, 03:26 AM
What item is required in order to walk on the moving sand?

athanato
01-09-2006, 03:45 AM
In lvl 8 in the room too the left of the entrance to the hidden path how do I get the chest that is under watter?

Darth Pikachu
01-09-2006, 09:23 AM
I'll investigate any bugs tonight, that is if I am awake when I get home, but I'll try to answer what I can.

For the HCP in Level 7, you should be able to push the blocks to get the HCP. I'll look at this. (Personally, I know that I thought I fixed this numerous times but I'll look at it one more time).

About the raft, there may be some truth to not letting you get back to the mainland the same way, but I know that once you leave lv 7 with it, you can go north to Hyrule, though I don't remember if there is a dock up there.

To walk on the moving sand, the only item you will able to use would be Naryu's Love. I know there are at least three regions where this will be useful, one in Termina, one in Hyule, and one in Holodrum beachside. Once you have Naryu's Love, you can explore them each.

The final question, the chest is just there for effect. Don't read too much into it, so don't sit there for 40+ hours trying to get it.

Could you do me a favor athanato? If you are the most recent poster, could you just update the other post you already made. I mean double posting is one thing, but you have a quadruple posting. Plus, it's easier on the eyes. :D

athanato
01-09-2006, 04:10 PM
For the HCP in Level 7, you should be able to push the blocks to get the HCP. I'll look at this. (Personally, I know that I thought I fixed this numerous times but I'll look at it one more time).

The mirror was showing the glove icon on those blocks but wouldn't move. I will double check this with the latest build, I may have had the previous build running at the time. All other issues I know were with the latest build.

Edit: no it's still not working in the latest build you have posted. 2/1/06

Also there was no dock in Hyrule, is there suppose to be one?

PM me your email address so I can send you the screen captures.

sctmorgan
01-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Darth,
Hopefully, after taking a break, I'm going to defeat your quest.
I'm having problems getting out of the Eternal Dungeon. I've defeated hopefully the last boss. Can you PM me with a hint on getting out of here?

Darth Pikachu
01-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Ok, long day don't ask. Anyway, I've got an update!

athanato, I checked into a lot of things. First with the level 7 HCP. Yes I did set the flags, but not the right way. When I get a lot of bugs or in two weeks, whichever comes first, I'll update on my site for d/l. (I don't want to update the entire quest file for just one screen, that in the long run is trivial, get to Final Ordeal and you'll see what I mean.)

Next, the raft flag problem. I do see the dock and I know I didn't set the flags to it, and I asked why? Then I remembered while testing, I had a huge glitch with putting flags so close to land and the edge of the screen. That's why I removed them. So in short, no, the way it's set is correct. If someone knows about the glitch I speak of, please tell me how to fix. The glitch came up when Link didn't have the raft and he would walk aimlessly horizontally for about 8-10 screens, depending on the mood of ZClassic. :laughing: Also, no docks in Hyrule, In the next update, I'll add one for nice access. I thought I did this but lo and behold, no dock.

sctmorgan, there are two rules for the Eternal Dungeon 'rooms'. Rule 1: Use the Lens
Rule 2: If the Lens is broke, push some blocks around.
Pretty standard for any quest file, but this should get you out if you got through the 6th one. BTW were the hints helpful?

Sorry it took so long for a reply to all, but if you find any more glitches big or small, I'll fix. If time permits this week, I'll even update the site w/ Levels 7 & 8. One more good sized glitch, and I'll upload a fixed quest file to my site. (Once it's bug free, I'll resubmit an update here).

athanato
01-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Next, the raft flag problem. I do see the dock and I know I didn't set the flags to it, and I asked why? Then I remembered while testing, I had a huge glitch with putting flags so close to land and the edge of the screen. That's why I removed them. So in short, no, the way it's set is correct. If someone knows about the glitch I speak of, please tell me how to fix. The glitch came up when Link didn't have the raft and he would walk aimlessly horizontally for about 8-10 screens, depending on the mood of ZClassic. :laughing: Also, no docks in Hyrule, In the next update, I'll add one for nice access. I thought I did this but lo and behold, no dock.

Why not just shift the little island down a bit to make room to avoid the glitch?

I take it that there is nothing important on that island since we currently cannot access it?

emillissauer
01-10-2006, 02:37 PM
I was curious, how do i access the extra hcp and magic potion in level 6. I have the hammer and the 2nd glove. I can't seem to find the proper path. Thanks.

EDIT: I figured it out with the lens. it was a walkthrough i was missing.

WindStrike
01-10-2006, 04:54 PM
I don't exactly recall correctly, but if you have the mirror shield, try killing that mirror robe at the top middle of the dungeon. Actually, try killing everything in every room. Ok, at the start, there is a shut room to the right. Destroy to pots at the topright and set bomb on wall next to the right middle one. One of the blue darknuts in the next room has a heart piece.

athanato
01-10-2006, 09:12 PM
After lvl 8 what should be my next target?

I have found Final Ordeal & Magical Triad which require a Triforce that I do not have.

The Hidden Path in lvl 8 and forest area by lvl 1 have cloaked monsters so I haven't bothered going down either, I need the Cross I assume.

I'm guessing that I need Naryu's Love in order to get the flippers. If I am assuming the correct location for the flippers in Hyrule.

Darth Pikachu
01-10-2006, 10:05 PM
athanato, the part of the game that you are it what I call the 'free roam' part of the game; the reason it's in quotes is that most game cloak the game with exploration but it's linear. My game does follow that pattern. To get everything started, re-explore Hidden Path. The amulet is in that level, as well as er... something else. I think the Wind Waker called them 'Triumph Forks'. :laughing:

sctmorgan
01-10-2006, 10:48 PM
I finally made it out of Eternal Dungeon. Is there another dungeon after this and if so where is it at?

athanato
01-10-2006, 11:38 PM
athanato, the part of the game that you are it what I call the 'free roam' part of the game; the reason it's in quotes is that most game cloak the game with exploration but it's linear. My game does follow that pattern. To get everything started, re-explore Hidden Path. The amulet is in that level, as well as er... something else. I think the Wind Waker called them 'Triumph Forks'. :laughing:

thx, I was assuming that since the cloaked monsters were blocking the path I shouldn't have been at that lvl at this point in time. I got the amulet, triforce, and the weapon the crabs love from there.

Zelda_Warrior
01-11-2006, 12:37 AM
Congrats Darth. I have downloaded your quest but I've already died 4 times trying to get the Kokiri Fortress boss. What's with the conveyor belt?
Where's the magic jar in the level? I'm going to explore a little in the hopes I find some more heart pieces so hopefully I'll get the boss. Otherwise I give up. Its bad enough looking for all the heart pieces but to make the first boss so hard well........
I play these quests to have fun not to get so frustrated in the first level.

ms_zelda_lady

not be mean or anything but dieing 4 times for a boss is not very many times, in mosts quests i play i die about 7 times if its normally-hard, and on the quest im making right now i die 10 times before actually defeating it.

athanato
01-11-2006, 02:50 AM
When I beat the boss in the flipper dungeon 4 tourches appear and if you use the lens of truth it shows the red crystal icon, yet if I use it nothing happens. Should those tourches be there and do something?

Also if you use the flippers to swim beyond the map area ZC crashes.

Darth Pikachu
01-11-2006, 08:29 AM
sctmorgan, there is one more dungeon. If you look in the snow mountains, there is one place yo may or may not have gotten to. Head to the Lv 8 warp to the snow mountains, and head towards the Final Ordeal. From the screen that plays the secret sound head up, up, up down up. THen use the Master sword to get past the magic to the last dungeon. Trust me, this one is way easier than the Eternal Dungeon.

athanato, what map are you on that caused the crash. If I know where the crash is, I can fix it. With the torches, originally, was going to make where you need to use Din's Fire to reveal the treasure chest, but everytime I tried to tier it, I just couldn't do it right. So no there is nothing else there.

athanato
01-11-2006, 12:23 PM
sctmorgan, there is one more dungeon. If you look in the snow mountains, there is one place yo may or may not have gotten to. Head to the Lv 8 warp to the snow mountains, and head towards the Final Ordeal. From the screen that plays the secret sound head up, up, up down up. THen use the Master sword to get past the magic to the last dungeon. Trust me, this one is way easier than the Eternal Dungeon.

athanato, what map are you on that caused the crash. If I know where the crash is, I can fix it. With the torches, originally, was going to make where you need to use Din's Fire to reveal the treasure chest, but everytime I tried to tier it, I just couldn't do it right. So no there is nothing else there.

It is the lake that is behind hyrule castle, the screen where the hidden underground path for the castle is. I do not know if the other surrounding lake screens have thie issue as I did not try those.

emillissauer
01-11-2006, 05:21 PM
I beat the magic triad, and the final ordeal, i just don't know where to go next. In what order should the next dungeons be done in. And I can't find the warps to the top right and bottom right of the snow mountains. Some one please help. I'm stumped.

WindStrike
01-11-2006, 05:52 PM
I haven't beaten that magical triad thing yet, but I'd guess you go back to the triforce mark next to death mountain, warp to the snow place, and figure out the maze from there to that Final Ordeal Place (then again, I'm probably wrong). It could be Eternal Dungeon, but I wouldn't know.

athanato
01-11-2006, 08:28 PM
How do you get into the area that is above lvl 5?

Also how do you get up to the top of the mountain in termania which is at the 3 third block from the top left, at the buttom of the mountain is the triforce simbol on the ground.

Bug: When you get the triforce in Final Ordeal the door does not open and you are stuck in the room.

emillissauer
01-11-2006, 10:50 PM
I beat the quest, but man was that too hard, In my opinion there were way to many bugs in this quest. Also things were a little too spread out and a little too random. Many levels were very fun, and very well though out. I just got fed up having to do the same puzzles over and over again every time i died. Especially in the Eternal dungeon. Also there should have been warps between the diffent worlds to save a little bit of time. Darth, I applaud your effort, i just think this quest could have been more fun had it been a little more straight forward.

Darth Pikachu
01-11-2006, 11:10 PM
The path to the Eternal Dungeon is tough to get to, but near every level (i.e. 1-8) is a triforce symbol, and near those symbols are whistle warps to Snow World. In Snow World, there are stars that open the river to swim. Once you open the river, head to the level 1 warp, and swim the river to the Eternal Dungeon. Make sure you bring a super bomb. When you get to the ice there is a place with some patras in it. After killing them, they reveal a super bomb. This is the hint for the screen for the super bomb.

athanato, the bug with Final Ordeal is NOT a bug! You are supposed to have Faeore's Wind by here, and use it to exit the dungeon. As for the area above Level 5, I did seal it off. After realizing that there was way too much terrain to traverse with it in , I deleted some screens to make it easier to go through.

Also, if you found other bugs, please tell me where. I plan to fix and upload tomorrow an update on the quest, as well as the walkthrough on Level 7, so I would like to fix them ASAP to do all of it at once.

The designed order after LV 8 is Hidden Path to Magical Triad to Parapa Palace to Final Ordeal to Eternal Dungeon to End of Game. But it is designed for you to deviate, just don't pick up two triforces like someone said.

athanato
01-11-2006, 11:43 PM
The path to the Eternal Dungeon is tough to get to, but near every level (i.e. 1-8) is a triforce symbol, and near those symbols are whistle warps to Snow World. In Snow World, there are stars that open the river to swim. Once you open the river, head to the level 1 warp, and swim the river to the Eternal Dungeon. Make sure you bring a super bomb. When you get to the ice there is a place with some patras in it. After killing them, they reveal a super bomb. This is the hint for the screen for the super bomb.

athanato, the bug with Final Ordeal is NOT a bug! You are supposed to have Faeore's Wind by here, and use it to exit the dungeon. As for the area above Level 5, I did seal it off. After realizing that there was way too much terrain to traverse with it in , I deleted some screens to make it easier to go through.

Also, if you found other bugs, please tell me where. I plan to fix and upload tomorrow an update on the quest, as well as the walkthrough on Level 7, so I would like to fix them ASAP to do all of it at once.

The designed order after LV 8 is Hidden Path to Magical Triad to Parapa Palace to Final Ordeal to Eternal Dungeon to End of Game. But it is designed for you to deviate, just don't pick up two triforces like someone said.

Thats why I asked you to private message me your email address so I can send you a number of screen shots of bugs.
I have 26 captures to send you, some minior and some major issues.

Edit: captures sent

Darth Pikachu
01-13-2006, 12:30 AM
Just a quick question to all who've played and beat level 7. As of right now, the quest has free mobility with the raft, but it is somewhat buggy. I am thinking of removing this option before updating the quest with the site. I guess my question is whether or not y'all are for or against this.

EDIT: Also put level 7 on my walkthrough. Includes a long item run.

athanato
01-13-2006, 01:01 AM
Just a quick question to all who've played and beat level 7. As of right now, the quest has free mobility with the raft, but it is somewhat buggy. I am thinking of removing this option before updating the quest with the site. I guess my question is whether or not y'all are for or against this.

EDIT: Also put level 7 on my walkthrough. Includes a long item run.

Well free roaming is why the flippers are in the game.
In the official Zelda games rafts are fixed paths, ignoring WW :D (dunno about the N64 ones though)

athanato
01-14-2006, 05:08 PM
What warp do I need to enter in order to get the star that is all the way to the right of the winter world?

Darth Pikachu
01-14-2006, 07:47 PM
If you mean the last one down the river, you get it AFTER you complete the Eternal Dungeon. It's there as a failsafe if you can't think of where to go after you beat the Eternal Dungeon. IF you forgot to get it, don't worry, there's nothing up there. I mean, IF you want to commit suicide twice, be my guest.

gekos
01-15-2006, 01:43 PM
How do I find Parapa Palace?

athanato
01-15-2006, 02:44 PM
This is a great quest BUT Eternal Dungeon needs more work.
Each floor should have a save point at the first room of each floor. Forcing the player to start from the 1st floor every time is a chore not a challenge; I know I will eventually get sick of playing the game and just move onto another quest if I have to restart the game because of a bad room layout again (Placing perminate weapon disabling bubbles in a room full of dodongos is just bad design).
Making rooms almost impossible is not entertaining, it is just annoying. If they were just temp disablers it wouldn't be bad as you have a chance of actually fighting and not oh well I can't fight anymore please kill me.

Darth Pikachu
01-15-2006, 09:25 PM
gekos, Parapa Palace is in Hyrule. Look for a whistle warp nead a desert that has moving sand. Be warned, you'll probably need Naryu's Love to access it.

athanato, the Eternal Dungeon is designed to be the toughest dungeon in the game (if not in all zelda classic quests). It is not meant to be a push over. Your frustration is well understood, but there are strategies you can use, for example, with the Dodongos and the red bubbles, did you know that the bubbles can be stunned with the fire boomerang, and that you can item cycle with some key setup in Zelda Classic? Also the bombs are directly next to the boomerang. So it shouldn't be a huge challenge, but it is tough. Just watch out for the wizzrobes in Level 6. They're a real pain, especially the Wind Wizzrobes.

Quick Update: I just uploaded the quest with the fixes to most of the bugs found.
Use the link above until I figure out how to update this database.

athanato
01-15-2006, 10:06 PM
gekos, Parapa Palace is in Hyrule. Look for a whistle warp nead a desert that has moving sand. Be warned, you'll probably need Naryu's Love to access it.

athanato, the Eternal Dungeon is designed to be the toughest dungeon in the game (if not in all zelda classic quests). It is not meant to be a push over. Your frustration is well understood, but there are strategies you can use, for example, with the Dodongos and the red bubbles, did you know that the bubbles can be stunned with the fire boomerang, and that you can item cycle with some key setup in Zelda Classic? Also the bombs are directly next to the boomerang. So it shouldn't be a huge challenge, but it is tough. Just watch out for the wizzrobes in Level 6. They're a real pain, especially the Wind Wizzrobes.

Quick Update: I just uploaded the quest with the fixes to most of the bugs found.
Use the link above until I figure out how to update this database.

Yes I know all that I am an experienced zelda player and I've been through harder quests, sorry but that room is just a bad design (perma stun bubbles are just not what the room needs, you need luck not skill to pass it). And I was cycling between weapons, I still got hit.

I won't be able to validate the update since I am stuck in this dungeon (I won't be spending anymore time on it), unless someone wants to send me a save with at least lvl 8 completed. I'm using ZC 2.10 since 2.11 beta won't load older saves.

gekos
01-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Where do I find Naryu's Love?

Darth Pikachu
01-16-2006, 07:38 PM
Naryu's Love is in a dungeon with an obvious name that would have it. Hint: It has the word MAGICAL in it. Hmm......

All joking aside, look in Holodrum for the dungeon.

gekos
01-16-2006, 08:33 PM
I've gone all through the magical triad and can't find it. I don't even know what Naryu's Love is.

DefEdge
01-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Nayru's Love is one of the 3 crystals. It acts as a shield that protects you from damage, but does not stop you from knockback.

Darth Pikachu
01-16-2006, 10:09 PM
gekos, try going toward dead center. You have to have Din's Fire to access the path to it.

DefEdge, yep that's true. However, if you continue to push forward while under Naryu's Love, you'll start to move in the right direction, but you might want to have as many magic containers as possible at this point. I can get to Parapa's Palace on one spell, but it gets pretty close, and I know how to get there. So I would suggest having enough magic for two spells.

gekos
01-17-2006, 08:32 AM
Thanks, I had it all along. Didn't know what it was or what is was for.

athanato
01-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Does anyone have a save with a completed Eternal Dungeon?

gekos
02-01-2006, 05:30 PM
is Faeore's Wind another one of those crystals?

Darth Pikachu
02-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Yep, it's the green one.

gekos
02-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Ok, I completed all the levels of the Eternal Dungeon and have come out in the frozen area. Now what?

Darth Pikachu
02-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Now, you want to find Ganon's Stronghold. If you head to where Final Ordeal is, and instead of going right up up, go up, up, down, up to Ganon's Stronghold, as you need the Master Sword to open the door. It is MUCH easier than the Eternal Dungeon.

gekos
02-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Ok, Thanks for all the help. Finally finished the quest. Very good job for your first quest. I do agree with athanato & emillissauer and their comments. Some of the repetitive stuff could lead up to boredom, which in turn could make some to quit prematurely. Nevertheless, you are commended for a quest well done. Keep up the good work.

Darth Pikachu
02-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I think I won't be making the next quest with a dungeon like the Eternal Dungeon because SO MANY PEOPLE think it's impossible (and to a point, I agree with them), unless I make it as a bonus dungeon not to be completed. Just to give you a small taste of the conception of Titania, there will be 9 overworld screens and 2 towns and I will be using Heart Containers instead of HCP for dungeon bosses. Hopefully, it might give Link to Tortuga a run for its money.

EDIT 2/21/06: I uploaded Level 8 to my walkthrough. So if anyone reads this, its on there. Hopefully by the end of St. Patricks week, I'll have up the next dungeons leading to the Eternal Dungeon and the location of ALL HCPs and Magic Containers.

EDIT 2/24/06: Also uploaded Hidden Path dungeon and Magical Triad Dungeon to the walkthrough.

EDIT 3/3/06: Added Parapa Palace, the location of the Magic Upgrade, Final Ordeal and the locations of the warps to Snow World. Enjoy.

EDIT 3/4/06: Finished the main bulk of the walkthrough. The only other parts I will add are where the HCPs and The Magic Container Locations.

athanato
03-21-2006, 04:00 PM
I went back to this quest to give it a few more shots and got through Eternal Dungeon and finished the game.

The quest is good but Eternal Dungeon requires a lot of retries.

*HINTS*
- Save your progress every time you kill a floor boss so if/when you lose your weapons you can just restart and not have to defeat them again.
- Do not pick up potions if you don't need them, you might need them later when you retry/reload the next time.

Nimono
03-31-2006, 07:57 PM
I like this quest. I just have one question: How in the world did you get the items for each floor of a dungeon to show up to the left and right of the big map? Now THAT is what I like, although I'd like to see that be taken away (except the MAJOR items needed to get to the dungeon's Triforce) so people will have to REALLY look for all the Pieces of Heart and Magic Containers.

Darth Pikachu
04-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Actually, that is easy. All you need to do is to use a custom 'map' for each DMAP you want with this. For example for level one, I made one custom map; Level 2, I used 5 custom maps, etc. I also set it up so that after you get the map, you can see it, so you have to find the map next. What would really be cool is if I could set it up so that everytime you get an item, it lightly crosses it off. I could do this with boss flags, but the dungeons would become too linear, thus destorying the fun factor of exploring a dungeon all over again.

njg
12-18-2006, 02:08 PM
How do I get to the star in the snow world below the area accessed near level 5? It appears to be a maze but I get killed too easy to explore.

Is there a list of the heart and magic container locations?

fajz
12-18-2006, 06:22 PM
what is this quests name and where does one get it?

njg
12-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Master Quest by Darth Pikachu.

Darth Pikachu
12-18-2006, 11:32 PM
Ok, the way to get the stars is that 'near' each level is a triforce marker. Near each triforce marker is a whistle point that lets you warp to snow world. Now if you are struggling in snow world, I might suggest that you have Naryu's Love found in Magical Triad, or find the hidden wise man behind the fairy fount in Hyrule to gain double magic. For the second you will need the flippers, if I recall correctly. As for HCPs and Magic Containers, I forgot to do those a long time ago, I'll have to check my PC to see if the pics are still on it. If they are, I'll upload as quick as I can, but it might take me until Xmas or New Years. Man, overtime is a drag...:(

Edit: Found my old walkthrough on my PC. I did make the HCP and Magic Container Section, just never uploaded it. Just uploaded it.
Url: http://www.geocities.com/darthpikachu21/HCPMC.html

njg
12-19-2006, 02:24 PM
Thanks Pik. I have been able to access all parts of the snow world but I am having trouble accessing one of the triggers. The area of the snow world accessed near level 5 appears to be a maze (like the lost forest or lost hills). How do I get through it?

Crackers
12-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Where can we get this quest? I checked other Zelda Forums and can't find it.

elise
12-20-2006, 08:23 PM
you can find it here in the quest database http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/viewquest.php?q=275

Joe123
12-20-2006, 08:36 PM
I just saw this thread and thought I'd download the quest. Its probably unfair that I criticise it so early in, having walked through a whole 10 or so screens, but howcomes it looks so plain :confused: not meaning to be offensive or anything, but using Pure, you could've at least put some of the little flowers down and darker bits of grass and stuff surely

WindStrike
12-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah, he even admits that the overworld isn't that great (no offense there). However, the dungeons are great. Not entirely detailed, but they're still really fun to go through. Though I must admit, level 2 is very hard to go through without the use of some tricks... that, or medicine. The tricks are probably better though - just look at the stickies in the Quest Announcement/Discussion forum and you'll it, along with the way to kill darknuts easily. I never beat level 8 though. Come to think of it... why is it that level 8 of HoD, Power of Geduina and this quest are all frustrating to go through (again, no offense)? Coincidence? Who knows... just note that you're gonna require some CRAZY boomerang tricks in that level, all of which you can find towards the bottom of the tricks/skills thread.

Joe123
12-21-2006, 05:51 AM
Mm fair enough, looking at level one, it does seem good. The random lock blocks that steal your keys for no apparent reaspon, then don't give you anything in return are a bit cruel though... ¬_¬

Ah no, there's a PoH behind it, my apologies :P

njg
12-27-2006, 03:06 PM
That was a terrific quest. Very hard! I could not have completed it without the walkthrough. Thanks.

lives: 201, time: 41:37:03