PDA

View Full Version : About the 'next' combo

idontknow
12-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Is there anyway we (and by we i really mean the developers) can make it so that we (as quest designers) can see a combo's 'next' combo without having to go into the combo editor & then double click each combo and see it in the edit menu? I think there's plenty of room to show it on the first panel in the bottom of the screen--this would make it easier for quickly checking that each combo cycles to the appropriate next combo.

Dark Nation
12-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Hrmmm... That would be very hard to do. There's so little space as it is. Things would have to be moved around. Plus, with 3 combo boxes on the panel, they would probably have to have labels to let people know what each one was, adding to the clutter. In short, if it were possible, it would probably end up looking like this:
http://darknation.armageddongames.net/zc/next_combo.gif
(nam)

But, as I said, it probably won't happen.

idontknow
12-21-2005, 02:31 PM
What's wrong with that? I think that would help greatly! And possibly when in the combo editor, you could have a similar thing...perhaps? But i really like that cuz i think it would help. I personally don't think its too cluttered

Praethus
12-21-2005, 03:25 PM
idontknow, you missed the point. See the (nam) below the screenshot. (nam) = not a mockup. DarkNation was teasing you, and it's already been implemented. ;)

ShadowTiger
12-21-2005, 04:12 PM
* BH4 wants DN's babies *

(nam)

(lol, that was AWFUL. XD :laughing: )

Thanks very much DN! ^_^ You're extraordinary, ... and ... apparently, very talented with sarcasm. :p XD (You fooled me very, very well. -_-' *lol* )

Dark Nation
12-21-2005, 04:26 PM
...And possibly when in the combo editor, you could have a similar thing...perhaps?I suppose you had something like this in mind:

http://darknation.armageddongames.net/zc/next_combo_2.gif
(nam)

I know there is more room there, but there are also buttons in the way. Plus a third button will probably go there at some point. You can't fit an elephant into a clown car. Sorry.

Freedom
12-21-2005, 04:44 PM
You can't fit an elephant into a clown car. Sorry.

The republican party will be sad to hear that, they've been doing it for years.

Thumbs up on the new next features. :)

Dark Nation
12-21-2005, 04:46 PM
I also added a new item to the popup menu on the main screen editor. Right click a combo and select "Scroll to Combo" and the combo's location will be shown in the combo list on the right side of the screen. Also, if you hold down the shift key while selecting "Select Combo", the combo list will also scroll to show the combo after it is selected. :)

Freedom
12-21-2005, 04:51 PM
That will be nice, I spend a lot of time scrolling back and forth.

Is there going to be a beta released for testing any time soon?
The alpha 5 crashes on me to the point it's pretty difficult to really test it for other problems.

Dark Nation
12-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Perhaps.

Praethus
12-21-2005, 05:32 PM
Scroll to Combo makes me giddy. Thanks DN.

idontknow
12-21-2005, 07:42 PM
oh my god! i recommended those additions a loooong time ago! this will reduce quest-building time so quickly! Thanks a lot! And the 'next' features should stay!

Also, what is this '3rd button' you plan on putting into the combo editor? Perhaps 'cancel', for in case you don't want to save changes you make in the combo editor? Perhaps something else?

ShadowTiger
12-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Also, what is this '3rd button' you plan on putting into the combo editor? Perhaps 'cancel', for in case you don't want to save changes you make in the combo editor? Perhaps something else?Hitting escape doesn't work? :shrug: Usually works for me. > >.'

Right click a combo and select "Scroll to Combo" and the combo's location will be shown in the combo list on the right side of the screen. Also, if you hold down the shift key while selecting "Select Combo", the combo list will also scroll to show the combo after it is selected. ... ... Okay, I'm like, ... really slow today. I just walked about seven miles in frigid temperatures to take a train ten miles home, all without food, but ... ... ... Aren't these two the same thing? O_o'

The premise is as juicy as the clementines I shall ingest for supper. :evil:

EDIT: ... Ah, okay, I get it. Thanks very much. Not the same button. Okay. X_x'

(Psst: BH4: Eat supper before ya post, okay?)

Praethus
12-21-2005, 08:39 PM
I think Scroll to Combo will take you to the combo but not select it. The other means it will scroll to it after you select it.

ShadowTiger
12-24-2005, 07:27 PM
Speaking of scrolling to combos and selecting them, This (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?p=1050665&posted=1#post1050665) looks pretty interesting too. Maybe it could be a ZQuest Option to select on or off, whether or not it'd go to the Cset of the combo you select too. ... ... Or maybe a Ctrl+Shift feature. I have to say, that's a pretty cool feature. > >.' Hell, it's (hopefully!) made all the more easier by the fact that ZQuest knows what Combos use what CSet by hitting Q.