PDA

View Full Version : When Did You Find Out the Truth?

Monica
12-20-2005, 05:03 PM
How old were you and what happened when you found out the truth about Santa and the rest?

I was seven, and at Walmart at Easter. There were pre-filled Easter baskets everywhere and I asked my mom why the stores sold Easter baskets if the Easter Bunny brought them? (remember I'm half-blind and I wasn't very observent as a kid... My mom never actually bought pre-filled, she always filled them herself, so that also heightened my curiosity of pre-filled baskets) That's when she told me about the Easter Bunny, and a little while later on the way home, I asked did that include Santa and the Tooth Fairy, and she said yes. I wasn't really surprised I don't think, and I didn't freak or anything.

When my sister found out, she said she'd already figured it out because Santa's and Mom's handwriting was the same, lol.

How about y'all?

Masamune
12-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Santa used teh same wrapping paper as my birthday presents. :(

Freedom
12-20-2005, 05:37 PM
Santa's not real?

VT_Hokie_Fan
12-20-2005, 05:46 PM
I was up at like 4:00 and my dad dropped my trampoline down the stairs. Pretty hard not to hear that.

*b*
12-20-2005, 06:00 PM
don't remember exactly. I think I was six. my parents never really believed that I should think Santa was real, so they told me. I wasn't really shocked or disappointed. actually, I think I was excited, because everyone else I knew believed in Santa

Eckels
12-20-2005, 06:19 PM
I found out santa was real when I saw him at the mall.

One time, the easter bunny stole my wallet.

And this other time I paid the tooth fairy for sex.

So yeah they're all real.

Glitch
12-20-2005, 06:53 PM
OMG SANTA ISN'T REAL???!?!!!

*runs away crying*

Yoshiman
12-20-2005, 07:05 PM
I kinda put the pieces together through the years, and stopped believing when I was 9. It kinda all seemed hard to believe:

- I started wondering why my dog didn't bark if there was a fat dude with a beard walking around in our house.
- I got a Nintendo 64 for Christmas, and figured that elves really don't make things like that.
- Why didn't my parents go to sleep if Santa skipped the houses with people still up?
- Poor people never got anything.

Yeah, it took me a while to figure that one out. >_> I caught my dad as the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny was another hard one to believe when you had a German Shepard who killed a rabbit before.

ONeilcool
12-20-2005, 07:36 PM
I believe in him for a long time because when I was little I was a really heavy sleeper and my mom could put on christmas pj's on me when I was asleep. Eventually she got lazy and stopped doing it and instead of putting presents out in the middle of the night she would do it in the morning right before I came out. I knew this because i would wake up at like 1 in the morning to see if anything was there.

Machiavelli
12-20-2005, 08:30 PM
I've never believed in Santa. I don't even think I heard of him until I got to the states. Same for the Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny. I don't remember ever hearing about them in Trinidad.

Master Ghaleon
12-20-2005, 08:31 PM
When I was around 7-8. I got up to goto the bathroom and I saw mom wrappin the gifts up :o

Daarkseid
12-20-2005, 08:39 PM
Eventually she got lazy and stopped doing it and instead of putting presents out in the middle of the night she would do it in the morning right before I came out. I knew this because i would wake up at like 1 in the morning to see if anything was there.

Hah hah hah, nothing quite helps to end your childhood like apathetic parenting.

moocow
12-20-2005, 09:44 PM
I was never really officially told.. but i kinda figured it out when Santa was buying just one gift for our whole family (a board game that never got played) but was getting many gifts for my friends. I guess my parents didn't want some fatty in a red suit taking all the credit for their gifts.

ShadowTiger
12-20-2005, 10:12 PM
Santa Claus went on a murderous rampage when I was six. He killed my mother, and ate my father while I watched. :shakeno:

He did leave me a cool ten speed bike though.

MottZilla
12-21-2005, 02:43 AM
I never believed in Santa. Even at a young age I questioned such BS as Santa and whatever other magical friends people said existed. Oh well, it now employs fat old perverted people in malls during the holiday season.

Lilith
12-21-2005, 07:12 AM
I read it in a newspaper article when I was like 7. After this I wasn't sad, but I was REALLY mad at my parents lying to me about it. I stopped talking to my mom for awhile.

Verman
12-21-2005, 11:18 AM
I fucked santa in the ass with the lube he brought to get himself down the chimeny. It was called valvoline, made my dick black... So I was able to yell: "take that black cock bigman, take it! Not so big now eh!" as his tears rolled down his jolly face. After that I haven't seen him.

Aegix Drakan
12-21-2005, 12:43 PM
I found out the truth when I got all the seven chaos emeralds and...Oh...Wait...Wrong subject!!!

I found out santa and the rest weren't real when I was 11. I started noticing all sorts of little clues here and there. I got VERY suspicious, and confronted my parents about it. They told me that, no, santa was not an actual person. I shrugged, accepted this new reality, and moved on. It also clicked that the toth fairy, and etc. were all imaginary as well, so no multiple confrontations were necessary.

Only thing is, I have to keep a zipped lip around my younger brother. I don't want to be the one who has to bring his childhood crashing down on him. I'd rather let my parents deal with that!

Ah, well, It's part of life. Get used to it, or get left behind...

algam86
12-21-2005, 12:57 PM
I never really believed in the guy. It's hard to believe a fat guy goes down your chimney and gives you free presents when you don't have a chimney at all. (None of my houses had a chimney.) And the door was locked, so I was suspicious about getting presents from him when he couldn't get in.

I stopped believing in the Tooth Fairy when I didn't tell anybody I lost a tooth (nobody was home), and put it under my pillow. It was still there, of course.

And I just didn't believe in a rabbit that gave out eggs and walked on two feet.

Sir_Johnamus
12-21-2005, 01:59 PM
I stopped believing around 5.

Just a question:
Where did they come from? How did a pink bunny come for a holiday(for all reading this, correct me if I am wrong!) based on an important religious event, and give colorful eggs? I can kinda understand Santa, but where did elves come from?
Just some of my thoughts.

moocow
12-21-2005, 02:28 PM
I fucked santa in the ass with the lube he brought to get himself down the chimeny. It was called valvoline, made my dick black... So I was able to yell: "take that black cock bigman, take it! Not so big now eh!" as his tears rolled down his jolly face. After that I haven't seen him.

What the fuck is wrong with you? :odd:

Anyhow. Neither of my neices believe anymore, so the only one I have to keep the act up with is Bladen.

Archibaldo
12-21-2005, 03:17 PM
I think the kids at school told me. And I think i was about 7. It was pretty obvious since there were presents under the tree from Santa before Christmas eve.

Machiavelli
12-21-2005, 06:14 PM
It was pretty obvious since there were presents under the tree from Santa before Christmas eve.
I did that once to my cousin when she still believed. When she asked about it, I told her that Santa had a lot of houses to visit and decided to drop a few gifts off early.

copsgotguns
12-24-2005, 01:15 PM
i cried when i found out the easter bunny wasnt real. i cried when i found out the tooth fairy wasnt real. i cried when i found outthe sandman wasnt real. i cried when i found outthe stinky cheeseman wasnt real. i cried when i found out wrestling wasnt real....by the time the santa rolled around i was all cried out and was didnt really care.

ONeilcool
12-25-2005, 01:43 PM
haha my little sister found out that santa isn't real today. She found out when she opened a present form santa and my mom was like" I picked that out I hope you like it". My mom did that like 5 times because shes so stupid and my little sister eventually got it.

AlexMax
12-25-2005, 02:25 PM
When he fucking stole my things (http://www.definitivejux.net/av/player.php?id=671&filetype=song)