PDA

View Full Version : Multitriggers?

firefly
12-19-2005, 06:50 PM
How can I use multi-triggers in one screen? I've tried, the problem is that both switches transform to secret flag 16 and the secret is activated (block dissapears), but I don't want the 2 switches enable at the same time, I want to hit them both with the boomerang in order to make it dissapear, but how?

LJ Bad
12-19-2005, 08:25 PM
As far as I know, there is no way to have multi-triggers Whenever you step on a switch all secret tiles in the room will activate. If you want to use the boomerang twice you could have the first boomerang trigger activate some secret tiles that warp you to another room that looks exactly the same. But in the second room you could have a different boomerang trigger. This way it would LOOK like you have used the boomerang twice in one room.

King of Dwythia
12-19-2005, 08:35 PM
Or, you can ctrl-click (or is it shift-click, i cant remember, try them both) on the secret combo and bring up the secondary flags. example: you have two switches, both of which you have to hit with a boomerang. In order for this to work, you must hit the switches in order. The first switch has a boomerang flag, and the second is just a tile with no flag. The secret activates, and you set the triggered switch combo on top of the first. The second will be replaced with a secret combo that looks just like the first, but in the secret combo menu, ctrl-click the combo replacing the second trigger and choose a boomerang flag. This way you can hit this switch next. I hope i wasnt too confusing writing this.

firefly
12-19-2005, 08:38 PM
ok, I tested it and it works, thanks

Freelancer
12-19-2005, 08:39 PM
The other room warping happens to be exactly how it is done. But there is one problem, one tile must be boomeranged first, which means that you cannot make it so you could boomerange each tile whenever you want, it would have to be in a certain order.

firefly
12-19-2005, 09:47 PM
yeah you're right, using the boomerang in the 2nd switch make the 1st switch turn on but the 2nd switch stays off, I must put them a certain order for it to work.