PDA

View Full Version : What do you use Cset 5 for?

ShadowTiger
12-18-2005, 02:15 PM
I suppose this is a pretty good question to ask people in general.

When designing a quest, what do you use Cset 5 for? Do you stick with the tileset's use? Do you alter Cset 5 in any way? Do you use it for terrain? For Items? For Sprites / People? Or do you have a special use for it?

*b*
12-18-2005, 02:19 PM
I haven't found a good use for it yet, so I've left it blank. I use 10 and 11 for my sprite palettes, and they do the job well enough, and having CSet 5 used would become complicated

I hope they include CSet 5 in level palettes...

ShadowTiger
12-18-2005, 02:28 PM
That would be a godsend. =/ It seriously, .. truly, truly would. I also kinda wish that Csets 12-->14 would be included in the usable palettes you could have for combos which you slap down into the world. That would be simply so wonderful.

I remember my old Prophecy set used Cset 5 for another terrain Cset. I think it would have been a -very- nice thing to have in such a simple tileset, but considering that tilesets like Pure and Descendent (Descendant?) have multiple Palettes, which Cset 5 doesn't change with unless you use Cset Cycling, which -would- let you change Cset 5 along with it, if you could cycle it for only one iteration of the Cset.

Questwizard88
12-18-2005, 04:11 PM
I use cSet 5 for an extra level palette cSet, included by using a simple 1-length palette cycle.