PDA

View Full Version : A heart container

DekuBrikan
12-18-2005, 02:50 AM
The situation is... I made a cave with a heart container piecein it on screen 80. Then I made a cave, that tile-warped to Cave Item/Room, Screen 80, and on the same Dmap. Then when I go to test it out, there's no heart container piece! What am I doing wrong?

Btw, I'm using a BS tileset if that changes anything.

Also, when I tested it out, another time, there's no sound (not just music, no sfx either). How can I fix it so there's sound again?

koopa
12-18-2005, 03:22 AM
Room 80 follows special rules. It's a sort of template, you have to put the item on the screen with the cave entrance, then set the warp up on it. Don't put items in room 80 itself. This is because you can have many caves in the game each with different items but you only need to make 1 room 80 for all.

EDIT: And if the screen with the entrance is on an overworld dmap, obviously the item doesn't appear in it, only in the cave.

erm2003
12-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Just a little more specific, on the screen with the cave entrance, set up the room type as special item, and then under the special item menu, select the heart piece. You don't want to put it on the screen itself with the item menu. Setting it up as a special item will make it appear as the item you can get in the cave. You would do the same thing to set up a special item in a secret passage in a dungeon.

DeFray
12-18-2005, 02:54 PM
As for the sound problem, if you're using Windows, look in the Control Panel for 'Sounds and Audio Devices'. Then go to Audio and find where it says which MIDI player the computer is using. Then click there and pick one, and push Apply. It doesn't matter if you pick the same one it's already using, pick it anyway.

ZC was doing this to me, too. I don't know why it suddenly stopped working but someone else on this forum told me to fix it this way and it worked. :D

DekuBrikan
12-18-2005, 04:52 PM
Okay, well the cave and music are working now. Thank you :D

DekuBrikan
12-18-2005, 06:15 PM
How can I make it so an overworld screen is made into a room or shop?

Freelancer
12-18-2005, 09:39 PM
You cannot do that, only if the dmap is set to dungean OR it goes into the screen 80 cave.

DekuBrikan
12-18-2005, 09:40 PM
Oh, then I guess I could warp it to a dungeon Dmap or something...

Freelancer
12-18-2005, 09:41 PM
yes, that would happen to be the only way.

DekuBrikan
12-18-2005, 10:23 PM
Okay, so I did that... it worked with an info room. Then I made a a shop on a different Dungeon Dmap (because I want different music for them). But the shop, string, and guy don't appear in-game at all although it's the same room with the same music on the same Dmap as I programmed it to be.

...How can I fix this?

koopa
12-19-2005, 12:57 PM
"Dungeon dmap" is the most misleading term I've met so far. It should read "dmap with a level number greater than 0", it doesn't mean "dungeon-type dmap".
I made a dmap with level no. 15 for all my houses and shops in my quest. You'll have to do something of the sort.

Also, check that you're warping to the right dmap as well as screen, that problem held me up once.

DekuBrikan
12-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm doing... mainly because I want different music in each one.

That isn't the problem though, I've made sure it's the right screen & dmap several times.

Freelancer
12-19-2005, 08:30 PM
I appologize for my misleading term

koopa
12-20-2005, 12:05 PM
Nothing against you at all Freelancer. Everybody calls it that and I'm not blaming you.