PDA

View Full Version : Clowns (you read that right)

Nimono
12-14-2005, 08:33 PM
Okay, I have a somewhat-stupid idea. How would I go about making an enemy look like a clown? I want my enemies to look like clowns in one of my dungeons (which is a "secret" base where evil clowns are hiding:D), but I'm a bit concerned about how they should look. Any tips/ideas on making them and what they should look like?

Freelancer
12-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Well, first Id like to know what type of enemy tiles that you use. New or old?

Edit: You would actualy just go to the enemy editing part in the tile area, then you will edit the enemies to make them clowns. They would always look like clowns (whatever enemy you edit, so keep this in mind).

Nimono
12-14-2005, 08:38 PM
I'd actually like some suggestions on what colors I should make them.

On a side note, how do I change what each "Guy" looks like?

Freelancer
12-14-2005, 08:40 PM
Look in devolopers excahange. Also, I suggest you use one of the more colourfull palets and make the clowns with colourfull faces and like colourfull robes.

To change such appearence, follow these steps:

Go to tiles

Find the tiles of animation that your enemy resides on.

Edit them to make him a clown

Nimono
12-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Okay, thanks! With that, I'll turn the people who HELP you, AGAINST you!! Muahahaha! :laughing:

DeFray
12-15-2005, 01:52 AM
Clowns, huh? Interesting... I look forward to playing that. ;)

Oh, and the tiles the actual Guys use are preset somewhere on the first page. Look at a working tileset (maybe just the default one) to figure out where their tiles are, then just put the tiles you want for them in those spots.

Nimono
12-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Okay, but the 4th dungeon is the ONLY dungeon with clowns... Okay, maybe not;) Like I said, the idea was stupid, and now I actually messed up the enemy tiles... Oh well.

Nimono
12-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Okay, I don't know why I got this idea, but I just want to know for future referrence:

Who thinks that I should make a quest where all the enemies are clowns?

King of Dwythia
12-15-2005, 07:30 PM
I think it would be a great idea.

I know many people who are scared to death of clowns. Either they wouldn't play the quest or else they would take out their fear on the clowns. Clowns for an enemy would make for very interesting gameplay.

Nimono
12-15-2005, 07:32 PM
Wow. And I was sitting here last night thinking to myself, "This is such a STUPID idea...".

I guess I was wrong!:D

King of Dwythia
12-15-2005, 07:34 PM
lol, it is always cool to see something new, and clowns I have never seen clowns in any other quest.

Freelancer
12-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Ya, why wouldnt it. If you did that project, you'd have better training in the future to make other enemies. Even the real actors which wore the clown suites could scare children in real life... So id say go for it...

Nimono
12-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Well, it's a good thing for you both that the quest I'm working on now has a dungeon FILLED with them! Too bad it's so short... But they'll be back;) They ARE EVIL Clowns, after all! :laughing:

King of Dwythia
12-15-2005, 07:46 PM
I'm interested to know what enemy you used for the clowns.

Nimono
12-15-2005, 07:52 PM
O_O Err.... Stalfos 2, Ghini 1, and Blue Goriya. You have the White Sword before you get to the Clowns, so I'm hoping these enemies aren't TOO much of a challenge... My quest is also gonna follow the Zelda games a bit. Most of the time, you must complete the current dungeon to be able to get to the next. I've accomplished this by making it to where you MUST get a certain item in a dungeon before you can move on, and it's usually in the boss' room, meaning you can't get it until you beat the boss. Plus, I made the letter look like the Super Bomb, only this one looks like it's gonna blow!:D

King of Dwythia
12-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Great idea forcing the player to get the item before he moves on. It makes it easier to find the right dungeon. It drives me nuts when I find dungeon 6 before dungeon 2 (as I did in the origional zelda).

Nimono
12-15-2005, 08:04 PM
The All-Clown dungeon is one of few Item Dungeons, where you find an item needed to continue instead of the Triforce at the end;)

Also in my quest will be a special dungeon made for new people and a dungeon for experts. I mean, it seems that lots of people like to make bonus dungeons for experts, so why shouldn't I do the same?

Freelancer
12-15-2005, 08:06 PM
What do you mean by that? 2 lvl nines?

Nimono
12-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Is the Super Bomb too strong of an item to get on the way to dungeon 5 when you get the Wand in the room RIGHT AFTER THE TRIFORCE in dungeon 4?

Nimono
12-15-2005, 08:10 PM
No, freelancer, I mean 2 bonus dungeons- One for beginners, one for Experts. Both have an item at the end, and I'll find a way to make it to where you can enter ONLY ONE. However, the item at the end of the Expert Dungeon will be MUCH more powerful than the one at the end of the Beginner Dungeon. I think I'll make Bow 2 the Beginner Dungeon item... Nah, I'll just have an Expert Dungeon and that's it. You'll get the Gold Ring at the end;)

Freelancer
Do you get only one? Or is this a shop. remember, if someone misuses an item that you only get one of and you need it to continue the game, they can get angry. So it depends...

King of Dwythia
Great idea! I've never seen any quests with the advanced dungeon (of course, I haven't played many of the custom ones). It might be a good idea not to put any items in the beginner dungeon so that the experts don't have to enter and not be harmed in their gameplay.

The enemies you use for the clowns won't be too much of a challenge if you have a white sword, so don't worry too much about that (unless you fill the screen with as many of them as you can).

edit: it looks like a few other posts were posted before i finished typing mine, so some of the things i said are out dated. I dont think you should limit it to only being able to choose 1 dungeon, and i still dont think it is a good idea to have an item in the beginner dungeon.

Nimono
12-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Okay, I DID put a few mass-clown-enemy rooms in the Clown Dungeon, BUT you can buy the Level 2 shield for 130 Rupees after completing dungeon 2 (which is also when you get the White Sword;)).

King of Dwythia
12-15-2005, 08:16 PM
A challenge is good, so don't worry about it too much.

Nimono
12-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Is 8 Clown Enemies too many? I have 4 Ghini 1's and 4 Blue Goriyas.

Nimono
12-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Hey, is it a good idea to have 1 Overworld, but different DMaps for each section? I have each Dungeon in a different section of the Overworld. Dungeon 1 is in the main area. Dungeon 2 is in the Forest Ruins. Dungeon 3 is in a volcano called Mt. Explosia. Dungeon 4 is underground and underWATER in the Water Cave. And dungeon 5 is in the cold, frosty region of Mt. Frostbite. Well, Frostbite Cavern to be exact;)

King of Dwythia
12-15-2005, 08:26 PM
I can beat those enemies just fine with just the white sword, magic shield, and 3 hearts, so i dont think that it is a problem

Freelancer
12-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Sounds good to me, but may I see some screenshots? btw: kka, and most other quests are divided into dmaps with different names. So you no worry, k?

Nimono
12-15-2005, 08:32 PM
:odd:

You're kidding.

Say, how do I make a walkable tile where there's a layer below where you walk that is nothing but water? I'm trying to make the Frostbite Caverns look like there is still water under the ice, but when I tested my layering, I couldn't move on the first screen with water! Flippers WOULD help, but this is absurd! I want my walkable part to be ABOVE the water, not under it!

Wait! Maybe I should switch the screen locations of the water and walkable tiles!

Nimono
12-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Freelancer: You mean just me taking screenshots of the game in ZQuest? Do I have to upload the screenshot to a certain image website (like imagecave.com) before I can put it here?

Freelancer
12-15-2005, 08:35 PM
The layer should not be having any properties and also, where did this water bussness come from? If its ice, just make its properties blank.

The tile types like water are properties not graphical related.

Also, have ever actualy tested your game yet, its advised that you do this frequently. You take the screenshot while playing.

Nimono
12-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Hey, in the winter, when lakes freeze, only the surface freezes. I want to recreate that effect in my quest, but....

Yes, I have been testing my quest. So far, it's been working fine (but that's because I have a file where I start with EVERYTHING;)).

King of Dwythia
12-15-2005, 08:39 PM
just create new tiles using the water graphics but not the water property, and put your ice layer on layer 1 (making sure there still is transparent areas in the ice so you can see the water still).

Nimono
12-15-2005, 08:40 PM
Okay!

Freelancer
12-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Do this:

&&&-------&&& ice layer (Layer 1 or 2) (blue, nonmoving, with bubbles)

XXX______XXX main layer

& =nothing
- = ice layer
X = nonlake
_ = lake

Yes, this is the plan, make sure the lake tiles on the main layer are set to "none"

Yes, we both have good advice

Nimono
12-15-2005, 08:47 PM
Okay, thanks!

I'm getting a screenshot ready, okay? It's gonna be small, since I'm not exactly allowed to save things on this computer without permission (I'm 14 years old. So what?).

Nimono
12-15-2005, 08:50 PM
Okay, here's a screenshot.

http://usera.imagecave.com/pikachu1300/zquest1.JPG

I hope you can open it.... You also didn't specify WHERE the screenshot had to come from, the game, or the editor.

King of Dwythia
12-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Great pic! One sugestion however, there is a moutain wall facing right running up the middle of the screen that ubrubtly ends. Create a tile that ends it on a curve instead of a straight line.

Nimono
12-15-2005, 08:55 PM
http://usera.imagecave.com/pikachu1300/zquest2.JPG

http://usera.imagecave.com/pikachu1300/zquest3.JPG

Here's some more pics. Oh, and sorry, but I couldn't find ANYTHING that could stop that from ending in a line. Sorry.

King of Dwythia
12-15-2005, 08:56 PM
create your own

Freelancer
12-15-2005, 08:57 PM
Wow, I wish I tried that curve idea. it would of been better for my places... Btw, in my quest, does the water look cool? (Just look at screenshot)

ya, create your own tiles, Im surprised you have not. I mean, In kka, pretty much 80 percent of the tiles were edited or hand made. Editing a curve for the mountain is not hard either.

King of Dwythia
12-15-2005, 09:01 PM
If you are refering to the tiles in your knit knight acadamy (forgive me if i spelled that wrong), I think they are awsome.

Freelancer
12-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Very gratefull I am to hear that. Btw, your screenshots look interesting, pikaguy. Good Luck.

Also, if you make falling snow, I suggest you make the snow just a dot of white, personly, I think it looks good that way.

Nimono
12-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Ha! I hsave too made my own. My next pic will prove it. Let me make it first...

Freelancer
12-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Btw, regarding making the transparent water effect. Does anyone NOT know how to do it, who wants to know? Its really really simple.

Nimono
12-15-2005, 09:06 PM
http://usera.imagecave.com/pikachu1300/zquest4.JPG

The circled tiles are the ones I drew MYSELF.

Freelancer
12-15-2005, 09:08 PM
You should see my game, custom tiles lurk everywhere, especaily beside the new enemy tiles area. LOL! But the ones you did draw look good.

Nimono
12-15-2005, 09:12 PM
Thanks! The small circles are MY version of arrows for secret combos. This one is used in a room where the floor looks like everything else. Used with the Lens of Truth, it'll tell you the path you must take. Used on the editor, it helps me remember where the walkable tiles are. It's great for a room where the floor is black and there are black damging tiles on the screen.

The balloons are for my Evil Clown Circus;)

Nimono
12-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Oh, I almost forgot! Those "eye" tiles were also drawn by me! Technically, I took existing tiles and drew Eye Switches on them. They work with Arrows.

Freelancer
12-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Thanks! The small circles are MY version of arrows for secret combos. This one is used in a room where the floor looks like everything else. Used with the Lens of Truth, it'll tell you the path you must take. Used on the editor, it helps me remember where the walkable tiles are. It's great for a room where the floor is black and there are black damging tiles on the screen.

The balloons are for my Evil Clown Circus;)

Very interesting, I had similair ideas when making KKA, but i decided not to put "The Googles of Truth" in my game. Anyways, I must say that your idea is interesting. Bye.

Nimono
12-15-2005, 09:17 PM
Cool! I guess I'll see you later... *sigh* One small idea turns into one BIG, HUGE idea WAY too fast for me...

Nimono
12-16-2005, 05:30 PM
So, ARE the Super Bombs too powerful of an item to get on the way to level 5? In my quest, you get the Wand in level 4 (it was a suggestion;)).

VI3T_DR@GON
12-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Well, the wand is pretty powerful, unless you've got a bundle of Wizrobes through out your quest, avoid using it until 6th, or 7th Level. And SuperBombs arent that powerful if you think about it. You can use them in Level 4, just dont give them a bunch. And make some purposes with them out side of the Level, not just inside.

Nimono
12-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Well, someone told me that since you get the White Sword before level 3, I should put the wand in level 4. And the main use of the Super Bomb after level 4 is to get to the area where level 5 is. You can't get there without it :tongue:

Nimono
12-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Actually, I DO have a horde of Wizzrobes in my quest. They're mainly Fire, though. That's because I've found that their fire only does 2 hearts, so they're PERFECT for my 3rd dungeon:D

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 06:13 PM
Well, someone told me that since you get the White Sword before level 3, I should put the wand in level 4. And the main use of the Super Bomb after level 4 is to get to the area where level 5 is. You can't get there without it :tongue:

So if you mess up on the super bomb, you need to restart the game and restart from scratch because there are not multiple super bombs? Thats a BIG consequence for not having an s-bomb.

Nimono
12-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Actually, when you get the Super Bomb, you must buy it for 100 Rupees, so if you mess up with it, you just buy another!:D

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Good.

Nimono
12-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Only problem? You only have 4 normal bombs at the time (unless you find the hidden people who give you more;)), so you only get 1 Super Bomb at a time.

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Thats not a problem. Just go back and get them.

Nimono
12-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Yep, but each Bomb upgrade is 100 Rupees (except for the first one. That's only 20;)).

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 06:41 PM
So? It is the players fault.

Nimono
12-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Hmmm, oh well. I hope my quest will be good.... I'm trying to find enemies that would go great in an "Ice" dungeon. Do you have any ideas?

Nimono
12-16-2005, 06:54 PM
Okay, I'd like a few suggestions on a good item to use in my 5th dungeon. Up to this dungeon, you have:
Sword 1
Bow & Arrows
Bombs
Blue Candle
Blue Ring
Ladder
Raft
Sword 2
Whistle
Boomerang 1
Boomerang 2
Super Bomb
Nayru's Love
Magic Shield
Power Bracelet
Hookshot

King of Dwythia
12-16-2005, 07:04 PM
how about din's fire, or level 2 bow or arows, or level 2 bracelet?

Nimono
12-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Well, Din's Fire is a good idea, but I'm gonna save the L-2 Bow and Power Gloves for later. Thanks!

King of Dwythia
12-16-2005, 07:09 PM
what theme do you have for level 5?

Nimono
12-16-2005, 07:13 PM
Theme: Ice
Color setting: Blue, what else? I don't have any Ice Dungeon tiles, and I can't download anything from purezc.com.... :(

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 07:14 PM
The trans effect, remember? make your ice that way, or make your own tiles or edit existing ones.

The box X
You *

XXXXXX
X X
X * X
X X
XXXXXX

Think outside the box a little more.

Nimono
12-16-2005, 07:16 PM
The WHAT effect?

Oh, I the advice on the "ice with water under it" question. It looks cool! Dungeon 5 is set inside a waterfall:D

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Good, use that effect, k?

King of Dwythia
12-16-2005, 07:20 PM
It would be good to have a fire item in an ice dungeon, opens the way to other places (including the boss room, that way instead of putting the item in the boss room to force them to pick it up like you said you were doing, you could make it so you have to use the item to get to the boss room).

I wish there were slippery ice combo types (like in link to the past)

Nimono
12-16-2005, 07:21 PM
I didn't even understand what you meant... :surprise:

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 07:22 PM
The closest you can get to that is slowalk, which generaly people do on ice anyway.

Nimono
12-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Hey, good idea! Although I think Re3d Candle is a *bit* better. After all, Din's Fire is a bit powerful.... And you're gonna want to upgrade that Candle from level 2;)

I saw a funny smiley. I wanna test it out...

:eat:

King of Dwythia
12-16-2005, 07:24 PM
true, but it still would have been fun to try to stop and slip a half tile further. And sorry pikaguy900 that i wasn't so clear on that description.

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 07:25 PM
Most quests do it like that anyway. So you should make your dungean item work in that sort of way.

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 07:26 PM
I have a theory, maby if you use combo cycling you could some how use convoy and slowalk to make Link Slip, but still, he would eventualy be pushed into the wall anyway. So maby thats a bad idea... Oh sorry about that double post

Nimono
12-16-2005, 07:27 PM
I have another idea. This time, I'm taking it from The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. My idea is this: Symmetry Sea. It's like Symmetry City: Each side of the area is the exact mirror image of the other! There is only a 1-length/-width of mountain tiles surrounding it. Normally, there's 2 "layers" of it, but I only have 1. Here's what I want to know: Where should I put the entrance to the Sea? The place is 3x4 (3 columns, 4 rows).

Nimono
12-16-2005, 07:29 PM
Um, I was talking to Freelancer when I said that "I didn't understand what you mean", okay?

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 07:29 PM
You should put in an area of the main part of the game that would be on the opposite corner of the lvl before it, eg a mountain on the left and the sea on the right.

Oh sorry, my box fell apart, but I meant to say that you are thinking too much inside a box. If you think more outside the box, you can create an even newer technology then can be found in the other quests or even in the editor.

King of Dwythia
12-16-2005, 07:32 PM
That would be awsome. I have an idea that would build on your theory and make it more complicated. Its hard to explain, but set up the room requiring 8 or more different screens. Lets say link enters the room from the left. He steps on a conveyor combo moving to the right. If he steps up he would be sent to a room that is conveyer up, and so on and so forth. I'm sorry i cant explain it more clearly, but basically every direction he steps, the conveyer changes to that direction (unless trying to go backwards).

Edit: Looks like a few posts were posted before this one, outdating it. Sorry. I was refering to freelancer's conveyor idea for ice.

Nimono
12-16-2005, 07:33 PM
Also, Symmetry Sea is in the lower-left section of the map. Each section of my quest is connected to another area by caves. The start area connects to Mt. Explosia, Forest Ruins Area, Water Cave, and Evil Circus. Forest Ruins Area connects to Main Area (Hyrule is the map name) and Mt. Frostbite. Water Cave connects to Main Area and Symmetry Sea. Evil Circus connects to Main Area and a secret cavern...

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 07:36 PM
The conveyor would be cycled to become a directwarp tile.

Still, you might not move in the right direction when conveyor, unless.

Actualy you can only make that in many many screens. Each step you take is surronded by a conveyor wich take link in the direction that he stepped in. Oh, you did say that...

FOOL PROOF!!! WE CREATED A NEW TECHONOGY! yup it works just fine, lets try it.

King of Dwythia
12-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Complicated idea (but very cool!). I'm not to familiar with combo cycling, but now that i know that it is possible, ill look for information on it.

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Complicated idea (but very cool!). I'm not to familiar with combo cycling, but now that i know that it is possible, ill look for information on it.

Ill teach you in a non compilicated way if you want.

Nimono
12-16-2005, 07:42 PM
I can come up with some out-of-the-ordinary uses for each tile. I mean, with my inventive (and sometimes TOO inventive.... I get too many ideas! :odd: ) brain, I can come up with a great quest! But I'm still getting used to everything, so it'll take me a while before that happens;)

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 07:43 PM
So who needs help with combo cycling, and by the way, I think I discoverd some new technologies in KKA. KKAII will have the ice technology I bet.

King of Dwythia
12-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Sure freelancer, simplified is always better!

Nimono
12-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Yeah, teach us the simplified way of the combo cycling!:D

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 07:47 PM
OK, this is how it works, you get a combo and you animate it, u know how I hope.

Then you will see a black square at the combo editing page. You click on the square and locate tile 2 of your cycle. When done it will cycle from combo 1 to combo 2, make combo 2 link to combo 1 that way and you can create a cycle between the 2 combos.

All we need for the ice technology is it to cycle from combo 1 to combo 2, we dont need it to cycle from 2 to 1 again.

Edit: The box says "NEXT:" on top of it.

Nimono
12-16-2005, 07:55 PM
So, what is Knit Knight Academy?

King of Dwythia
12-16-2005, 08:02 PM
hey thanks, freelancer, that would be very useful!

Nimono
12-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Hey, is anyone still here?

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Me is, and if you want to know about KKA, look in the QDB. Dythia, I have one problem with it tho, in my head I made a calculation, when I did this I found that the ice must be anything by 2 or less. If its higher then you can end up going the wrong way when you slide...

Nimono
12-16-2005, 08:08 PM
Okay freelancer.

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 08:10 PM
If you wish to download my quest, please download from the qdb, then download the patch at http://ca.geocities.com/[email protected].

Nimono
12-16-2005, 08:16 PM
How do I make it to where a door appears when I slash a tile with the slash combo? (I know you can only have ONE undercombo per screen, but I want a door to appear when I slash a curtain tile with the slash combo, like in A Link to the Past!

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 08:20 PM
Easy, put a secret tile flag on the curtain and make one of the curtain tiles at the bottom a slash flag, this will make the door appear. You cannot make it the way exactly you want it, so like you said the only secret combo or curtain would be this curtain.

Nimono
12-16-2005, 08:25 PM
Is it bad for me a have a gauntlet of Gleeoks leading up to the boss in level 5? I want to do this (and in the room before the Gleeok Gauntlet is a room with 5 Fire Wizzrobes. Defeat them all to make a path appear to a spot where you get a free refill on hearts!)...

Nimono
12-16-2005, 08:31 PM
I hope all those Gleeoks aren't TOO hard...

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 08:39 PM
It depends on the characters stats, in fact, u should test it out, If you die, its not like the gleoks will reappear. Now of course, not many people like the idea of having to die or having to leave the place to get life. So I cant decide. Id say make the gleoks only 2 heads. Btw, can you show me more screenshots, of your snow mountain and ice places?

Nimono
12-16-2005, 08:41 PM
Great idea, freelancer! In fact, it's such a great idea, I put those 2-Headed Gleeoks in BEFORE you replied! XD

I'll give you more screenshots in a minute. Let me find a good place to get them at:D

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Ya, you know, Im not really a good qst designer, so I dont know if you should get more then about 50 percent of your advice from me...

I feel bad about asking you about the screenshots, thats all... : (

Nimono
12-16-2005, 08:45 PM
The screenshots are getting ready...

Nimono
12-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Here's the screenshots!
http://usera.imagecave.com/pikachu1300/zquest5.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/pikachu1300/zquest6.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/pikachu1300/zquest7.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/pikachu1300/zquest8.JPG

Nimono
12-16-2005, 08:50 PM
It's no big deal, freelancer! I don't mind showing you screenshots of my quest!

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Problems, Im sorry to say this but you should put more detail in your mountains and make the main combo just simply white.The water fall should be transluscent, not solid.

The mountain edges just end, so it looks non-proffesional

But I like the floor of the ice cave thing and the ice/water in the last screenshot was ok... 3/5 is my rating. You should follow my advice to make me give you a better rating.... Look at my mountain in KKA, it would be about 4.5/5

You make progress though : )

Nimono
12-16-2005, 08:55 PM
The Waterfall is solid because when you use the whistle in front of it, a door opens into the Frost Sanctum. Now, about my mountains... I don't want the mountain tiles to be ALL white! I like white and grey, because they look better. I'd transfer each tile into the same color, but it'll take a while...

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 08:58 PM
I meant that it just ends without an end tile, it should have a sort of curve to show the end of the mountain part or else you get weird feelings about it (like i might think the wall is beneath Link rather then beside him. Not all the floor would be white, I just mean that the rocks would be less all there is...

Bye.

Nimono
12-16-2005, 09:01 PM
I'm working on making my tiles better... But I really don't care how the game LOOKS. I only care about how much people like to PLAY it. You don;'t play games for what they look like! You play games for how good they are!

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 09:03 PM
Well, that would make the screenshots praticly useless. Personaly, most of my technologies are grahical, so I have little to say. Well, I think I have nothing else to say then, I hope people will enjoy it. (your game)

Nimono
12-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Thanks. Everyone has their own approach when making quests (by what I hear), so please, the next time you ask for a screemnshot of my quest, don't tell me that my quest doesn't look good.

King of Dwythia
12-16-2005, 09:13 PM
freelancer wasn't trying to offend you by his sugestions, he was just trying to give advice that would improve your quest.

I agree with you that graphics dont matter as much as the game, but sloppy graphics are distracting and can take away from the feel of the quest.

Nimono
12-16-2005, 09:15 PM
I know he wasn't trying to offend me.

To the other thing you said:

:odd: I had no idea.

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 09:16 PM
Well ya, and it isnt hard to improve either. My advice is to make the screen a little bit more interesting with like coniferous trees and stuff, besides, that is sort of an obstacle, right? The graphics are not far off either, they are accurate but not accurate enough. You said you fixing the tiles anyways, so youll do fine, no worry.

I have confidence in you actualy too. Just so you know...

Nimono
12-16-2005, 09:19 PM
Well, right now, I'm getting rid of those stops in the mountain paths, but it's gonna take me a while. As for the trees, no way! There are no trees THAT high up in the mountains! Ahahaha!!!

King of Dwythia
12-16-2005, 09:20 PM
But there is vegitation. I sugest bushes (maybe something like sage), or even tall grass (perhaps something yellowish in color)

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 09:21 PM
Rocks? (Big ones)

I didnt really think of bushes, but bushes is a little bit more acceptable then trees, since the dirt value up there is probably low....

Nimono
12-16-2005, 09:23 PM
You know, I just noticed a MAJOR difference in how my Snow Mountain areas look now. I'm not done yet, but I just noticed how much better the first part looks than the part when you first come out of the Frost cave....

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Is it more detailed or something? Btw, did you try the trans effect?

Nimono
12-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Hey, making bushes was a good idea! I made the outside bush look like it had all the water pulled out of it, and the inside one is frozen:D

Nimono
12-16-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm still confused as to what you mean by trans effect!!!

Unfortunately, I had to make the exit to the first Frostbite Caverns area look like a tower, since if I just go around it normally, it looks ugly! XP

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 09:32 PM
See, graphics are nice, arent they? For the trans effect, just ask someone else, Im not good at explaning layers... Btw, I hope what i said didnt sound too negative to you, its only my advice...

Nimono
12-16-2005, 09:37 PM
Eh, it's okay.

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 09:39 PM
You need any more help? Btw, you should post new topics on a new thread, starting to confuse me... Bye Bye

Nimono
12-16-2005, 09:42 PM
Nah, I don't need anymore help right now.

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 09:47 PM
OK, looks like we done here, g.n.

Nimono
12-16-2005, 09:52 PM
Good night...

VI3T_DR@GON
12-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Wow pikaguy900...Lots of posting..hmm?

Would you like some help with your quest? I am not making anything until 2.11, so im free for a long time. PM me and Ill give you more info.

ZeldaLord
12-17-2005, 07:56 AM
It's great that you two want to help each other, but it makes it quite a pain for the rest of us reading this topic, so please keep it to AIM, PMs or IRC. :)

EDIT: Yeah, you're new, I'm sorry.

Freelancer
12-17-2005, 12:23 PM
Umm, well then im pretty sure pikaguy and I should of put our topics in new threads then. And I dont even know anything about those other methods (I dont see how pming would be easier either)

PLEASE DO NOT TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!!!

ZeldaLord
12-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Yes, that was rude of me, I apologize.

I thought PMing would be easier as it's just the two of you, and this thread was becoming more like a one-to-one conversation.
It's probably not the best method, though, maybe the two of you could arrange to meet on AIM (http://aim.com), and continue your discussion there? :)

Nimono
12-17-2005, 07:52 PM
I have 2 things to say to that, zeldalord:

1: I have NO idea what PM is.
2: I don't have AIM. I have Yahoo Messenger.

Freelancer
12-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Well, I didnt intend for it to be a dicussion anyway. but pikaguy liked to continue his posts without using a different thread. I use neither of the messagers and I accept your appology, as I find what you said was not the rudest thing i have read from this site, moderators using worse words to tackle down different people and some admins even filled up their stats with really really bad words... Im glad you realized your mistakes as have I : )

ZeldaLord
12-17-2005, 08:07 PM
I understand what you mean, Freelancer.

Pikaguy, any IM would do, and I meant Private Messaging (http://armageddongames.net/private.php).

Nimono
12-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Okay, thanks!

Freelancer
12-17-2005, 08:16 PM
The reason I assume would be because forums are designed for the soul purpose of being able to have discussions over long peroids of time, rather then chatting. Also, forums have to be able to record such info. Therefore, it is very "bad" to have conversations on forums. Therefore, Pikaguy, if you want to have a conversation, contact me and I can try that, but right now, I will use this forum and I will teach u the way forums are designed, k? I suggest someone close this thread now....

Nimono
12-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Okay, I'm sorry! I didn't know. I only found this site because I had a friend on another site who told me about Zelda Classic. On that site, the forums were only for chatting.

Freelancer
12-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Dont worry, Im not mad at you.

Nimono
12-17-2005, 08:38 PM
Whew.... I thought you were...

Zelda_Warrior
12-20-2005, 12:01 AM
the best you could do for clown tiles would probably be ripping them from a game.