PDA

View Full Version : Knit Knight Academy Released

Freelancer
12-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Knit Knight Academy

This is a quest released on zelda classic site on monday, If you have any questions regarding this quest post here (there sort of is a thread already about this, but wanted to make the message a bit more formal). Anyways, you can download this pioneering quest from the zc site. But there is a bug which will be patched next week, it regards the fact that some of the message strings were screwed during the making, so be aware. Other then that you should do fine and I will listen/answer your questions, comments, or concerns.

Edit: So feel free to ask any question that you wish, I will be more then glad to help (and have something to do).

You may notice that this quest has no map, and specail madetory edits to the subscreen were made...

ms_zelda_lady
12-13-2005, 08:54 PM
So now what do I do about Orca Park?

ms_zelda_lady

Freelancer
12-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Well because of the bug, Chido when you saw him at his fort did not say about the fort in the park. He would of said "take this sword, you will need it to get in my fort" after telling you to come to his fort. So anyways, what you should do is use your energy sword to destroy the control panel at the front entrence.

ms_zelda_lady
12-13-2005, 11:31 PM
:odd: Where is the control panel at the front entrance? I have no clue and I'm walking around for nothing. Please let me know where I'm going cause I just can't figure it out and I'm more than ready to quit playing this.

ms_zelda_lady

sasja
12-14-2005, 06:43 AM
same problem here but I think I missed the energy sword. I have the second sword and that didn't work. went back to chido place but there was nothing .

Freelancer
12-14-2005, 07:26 PM
same problem here but I think I missed the energy sword. I have the second sword and that didn't work. went back to chido place but there was nothing .

Find Chido at his fort. You find the 3rd sword there.

Now ms_zelda, I dont really know what happend with you, but just to clarify.

You find the building, its surronded by 1 tile of water on right and left sides. You go up the ladder, you find these two pillar things. You go underneath one and you find this tile with a colourfull design on it. You use your 3rd sword on it. It will turn red, and the door opens. Im an idiot!!! I made a bug fix on my game, it suposidly made the fort a overworld!!! Therefore Chido doesnt speak. I will update the version ASAP! I give credit to ms_zelda for pointing that out as well as you sasja. Thnx for telling me. I think that will be all the nasty bugs you will find.

I appologize for this inconvience.

Edit: Dont worry I emailed the database, so eventualy this will end up being updated and you will enjoy a better version, I also fixed a ground terrain error. Which caused an ebrupt change in the terrain over in the mountain.

ms_zelda_lady
12-15-2005, 12:10 AM
Thanks for taking the time to fix it. I found the building but when no door open I thought I was in the wrong place. That's why I was asking for your help.
Hopefully the database will update it soon so all of us can finish it.

ms_zelda_lady

sasja
12-15-2005, 06:45 AM
Freelancer that is just my problem I went back to chido fort but there is no sword to find.I only end up in jail.the last room were you ends the level there is nothing, no chido and no sword.

Freelancer
12-15-2005, 07:57 PM
I give you credit for helping me-

you can download a patch here, it contais no mp3s but since you currently downloaded the mp3s, all that needs to be re-downloaded is the quest itself. So put this file in the same folder as the mp3s and start again. Dont worry, now you how to get that far, so you will do fine.

http://ca.geocities.com/[email protected]

btw: if anyone has problems with jail and getting out. You go as far away from the the wall as possible, then shoot your hookshot and it will work.

Edit: For those who dont have the mp3s, then full version is also patched and ready at my site.

Thanks for the idea Freedom : )

ms_zelda_lady
12-15-2005, 11:00 PM
Thanks for putting the patch on your site. I really wasn't looking forward to spending more than an hour redownloading it again.
I finished Fort Chido and got the new sword. Went to Cheadian Stronghold and got something that uses up my magic when I use it. Sorry I don't know what you call it. I have found my way thru the warps but can't get by what I think is a lock block. Haven't found a key yet. I see a line of arrows but can't figure out what that means either. So what am I supposed to do next?

Thanks in advance
ms_zelda_lady

Freelancer
12-16-2005, 05:19 PM
Thanks for putting the patch on your site. I really wasn't looking forward to spending more than an hour redownloading it again.
I finished Fort Chido and got the new sword. Went to Cheadian Stronghold and got something that uses up my magic when I use it. Sorry I don't know what you call it. I have found my way thru the warps but can't get by what I think is a lock block. Haven't found a key yet. I see a line of arrows but can't figure out what that means either. So what am I supposed to do next?

Thanks in advance
ms_zelda_lady

1- you found a laser gun (call it a gun)
2- yup its a lock block
3- those are pipes
4- You must go to room 1 and shoot the target at the south wall. Next you will find the rooms filled with water, do the puzzels until you find a key. Hit the target again and go back to the puzzel and I assume you can continue from there.

Everything helps me alot in the future, I plan on making a KKA II, so I will improve certain aspects. Then KKA II will become a better quest then KKA I.

ms_zelda_lady
12-16-2005, 10:47 PM
Laser gun eh......very cool! Nice way you set it up.
But I've spent almost an hour trying to get thu the set of warps leading to the yellow warp and quite frankly having to keep walking back and redoing it if I choose the wrong warp is a bit much. Making me start from that same room would have been better.
If anyone out there has the solution to the room with the yellow warp please tell me what it is. Send me a pm if you don't want the others to know. Too many warps for me and I'm now very dizzy. :googly:
Thanks in advance
ms_zelda_lady

Freelancer
12-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Yes, I can see why, even I would be pretty confused if I were in the situation, i assume your at the 3-warp room, just before the boss. Btw, did you know that I had similair problems when designing that puzzel, id say.

BTW: Did you get the blue ring yet? If you didn't please die in the level, then go to the puzzel game area (east in the city) beat it and obtain the hcp and the blue ring.

Before you go to the in dungean puzzel, gather 4 shots worth of energy (magic)

The answer to that puzzel is...

northern most warp
northern most warp
southern most warp
next warp
north warp (not NW)
West warp
next warp
east warp
center warp
east warp
east warp
north warp
go north into boss room

To beat boss:

shoot with laser 4 X
slash 4 X
while you avoid cannon fire (8 cannons)

Dont worry, many will experence your troubles (no doubt)

Dizzy? Well dont worry, you wont experience those puzzels again, even in Jido's Fortress, the puzzels are not nearly as tough, lol! I added those warp puzzels in after and made them harder, although I think I may have made them too hard...

Nanni
12-17-2005, 03:17 PM
i can i get the magic key at snow fort? Very nice quest!!!

Nanni
12-17-2005, 03:34 PM
i found it!!! sory i'm so stupid....

ms_zelda_lady
12-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Puzzle area east of the city.....hm can't remember. Are you refering to adventure land? No that was west. BTW does it look like a white suit or something like that in the inventory?
I'll go back and check it out.

Thanks for the directions,
ms_zelda_lady

Freelancer
12-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Good job people, and yes sometimes my directions are mixed up. If you got the lvl 2 suit that means that you got the blue ring (shoulda called it that) and btw, nanni, there is no magic key, its a boss key. Well, unless you know the properties, just not what its called. Thanks for that compliment : )

YOU ARE AT SNOW FORT?!? YOU ARE VERY FAST!

once you have those items, go back to the fort and do the puzzel, then defeat Chido. Btw, I think you did get it, so dont bother going back...

Nanni
12-17-2005, 04:16 PM
i'm trying to figure how to kill Jido any hints?

Freelancer
12-17-2005, 04:35 PM
Jido Boss Guide:

1/3=4/7 Find the real one (changes every time)
2/3=2/7 Light torches (first find the correct torch
3/3=1/7 Do the final strike

He is kind of hard and you will know what I mean when you get there, and make sure you dont get hit by some of the swords, they can do 4 damage.

Btw, he is the final boss, and your good to get that far. Since you have the lvl 3 outfit, you should do fine.

Each canister represents the amount of life the boss has per fase.

This also goes to show that there are no more major bugs except for the 2 graphical bugs over at the mountain campsite, in which the dirt is not brown.