PDA

View Full Version : Are/were you a bully in high school?

bonegolem
12-13-2005, 05:06 PM
I only harass the stupid people at my school, whether they are weaker than me or not. I guess that makes me a bully.

EDIT: Please note: This poll isn't titled "Are you a smart-ass who gives yourself more intellectual credit than you deserve?".

gdorf
12-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Aka: you are a nerd that wants to sound tough on the internet because you don't stack up in real life. Its okay man. You can be yourself here. We won't steal your lunch money.

Btw: I didn't answer the poll because I don't fit in any category. I went to a public school and got along well with people.

Toolie
12-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Three straight topics of this garbage in a row? Did some antisocial have a bad day at school?

bonegolem
12-13-2005, 06:22 PM
Stupid replies I suppose. I have a life, and I don't have a need to look tough on the internet. I just posted a poll because I thought it would be interesting to see what the replies would be. And I said replies, not stupid comments made by jerks.

If you aren't going to answer the poll and/or having nothing useful to say, don't reply.

ShadowTiger
12-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Online, I'm quite the grammar nazi, but only when it appears to be that I'm witnessing a robot trying to post. (Like fira, or zelda777.)

Offline though, I never bully people offline. I wouldn't. I'm one of those people who actually has something resembling morals. :p Either morals, or empathy. Guh.

Actually, I was never really bullied in High School. I was lucky; friendships were established early on, and only expanded as High School went on. In Elementary school though, there were some people who thought they could get away with murder. They used to find excuses to turn me into a scapegoat for stuff that never happened. "Hah, joshieboy broke the waterfountain, haha haha, ha, ..." Hard to claim if I never go anywhere near them. > >.' ... er ... Blah. The only way I used to counter their retorts was just by smiling back to them. They'd get really confused and just ... go away.

Of course, I had no idea that would work, nor what I was doing at the time. I was far too stupid a child to know anything back then. I'm glad those days are behind me. -_-

bonegolem
12-13-2005, 07:00 PM
The only grade I was really bullied in was third grade, when I got made fun of constantly for wearing glasses. Kind of a stupid reason. Oh and also because I'm a Latter-Day Saint was a reason.

No one really messes with me in high school. I guess I'm more respected now more than ridiculed for the way I act and look. Plus I made friends with most of the 300 students who go to my high school. And when I said I harass "stupid people" I meant the few jerks who still have it in for me. I've never intentionally picked on someone. So I guess I'm really not much of a bully.

Dang. I can't even answer my own poll right. :shrug:

Rainman
12-13-2005, 08:02 PM
I met my fair share of assholes (or people who occasionally acted like one) when I was in school. Only a couple seemed actually to be trying to bully me. I was (and still am) a bit off during that time so I hardly blame them.

I did my share of "bullying" as well. I never just picked on someone for being weird though. Boy did I know a few weirdos. I just let them be though since they weren't hurting anyone. The only time I ever picked on someone was when they were being a bit assholish themselves. Like there was this one kid named Kevin who I rode the bus with everyday with a few other kids. He was a nerd, but that alone wouldn't bother me. I'm one myself. He had sort of a condescending attitude though and was hard to deal with. We usually avoid him and sat on opposite sides of the bus. (us in back, him in front) Every once in a while there'd be some incident where we'd clash.

Anyway, the point is I never really picked on anyone for being inferior or anything. I only ever did it as a reaction to their negative behavior. In retrospect there was probably some self esteem issues involved that made me do some stuff, but I usually avoided picking on people for no reason at all other than to make me look better.