PDA

View Full Version : Help Getting Started

IceSage
12-13-2005, 02:44 AM
Hi, I recently came across this site, in which, I have come across before, but it didn't extend to such a large "Zelda Game Making" site as it seems to be now.

I've been trying to make heads and tails of the editor... However, without a proper tutorial the whole thing looks like jibberish to me.

Apparently, someone named "Alphadawg" created a tutorial that most people still seem to enjoy... however, that tutorial seems to be down currently. (Even though the "ZeldaClassic.com" website still lists it as being up.)

If anyone has this tutorial, it would be great. (Or any other tutorials for that matter, aside from that horribly layed out one in the sticky... No offense, but I can't understand that tutorial very well either. I know you say it's not finished... but it seriously needs some work. O_o)

Anyway... if there aren't any other tutorials, and nobody can provide that "Alphadawg's" tutorial. How about answering me this to get me started?

1. How do I set the beginning map?
2. How do I properly place Link onto the map?

Any help would be appreciated.

The whole "ZeldaClassic" website seems to be interesting, however the site needs some work as well I believe. It's a shame it doesn't have that much attention.

Anyway, thanks for any help you can give in advance!

rocksfan13
12-13-2005, 08:42 AM
First off, you can find the tutorial >HERE (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=88488)<

To set the begining map goto quest->init data->misc tab. The satrting dmap can be selected there.

To properly place link in the begining, either press page up or page down until you see a group of boxes. One with a rupee in it, one with animated steps, one blue box, one green box, and one box with a flag and a number under it. You can also use the scroll ball on the mouse to do this as well. Anyway, the green box is the one you need to click on and place on the screen where you want link to start.