PDA

View Full Version : I am having map problems

YOSHI!!!!
12-12-2005, 07:52 PM
I have my map exactly looking like the map I want (pushed all the grey blocks, compass is right). but when I go to test the map out the map stays black even after picking up the map. The compass works fine but the map just shows black. Help me please I just started and I am trying to make a nice simple quest. I may have clicked something wrong. I clicked on the small and large map icons on the DMAP screen but I changed them back to all black because it is how it looks on the example 1st quest that I use as refference

Nimono
12-12-2005, 08:02 PM
In the DMap editor, click on the squares on the Mechanics screen. These are the rooms that show up when you get the Map item. If you do not click any (they go into "recesses" when you click them), no rooms will show up when you get the Map item.

YOSHI!!!!
12-12-2005, 08:42 PM
I did. When I look at the map in the Dmap screen I see the map just the way I want it to look. but when I play the game I see nothing.

Nimono
12-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Are you trying to use the Map for the Overworld?

YOSHI!!!!
12-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Everything says dungeon. and the entire dungeon works but the map.

Nimono
12-12-2005, 08:57 PM
Maybe you should change the subcreen looks... Maybe that's the problem... Check the one that says "Small map".

Freedom
12-12-2005, 08:57 PM
are you using a custom map?

YOSHI!!!!
12-12-2005, 09:04 PM
I don't know what I did. I ckicked the subscreen maps thing one time and changed it to a whole bunch of character things once by accident. So I loaded up the example 1st quest that I use for reference and saw that all the screens in that one were all black. So I made them all black. I never touched the colors for the map in the misc colors screen. Is there anyway to default the entire map thing. I clicked the default maps and nothing changed. If I could post a screenshot of my Dmaps screen I would. I press Z and no screenshot

YOSHI!!!!
12-12-2005, 09:14 PM
I just made a quick dungeon with one screen and a map. when I picked up the map I got a map. Could it be because I made up a level 11 as a level where you pick up swords? does it not allow for more than 9 levels?

Freedom
12-12-2005, 09:26 PM
It's because you made them all black.
click on the custom maps and set it to the first tile on the tilesheet on the first page.
it has a heart on it, just click on the upper left corner of the map and choose it.

YOSHI!!!!
12-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Fixed it. I tried a different way. I deleted the Dmap and started it over. Now it works great. Thanks for all your help

YOSHI!!!!
12-12-2005, 09:46 PM
One more question. How do I make it so you need to kill all the enemies in a room BEFORE you are able to push the blocks. And is there a way to have it when the player picks up the swords in my swords level to warp him outside like it were the triforce? Sorry I am new to this and the tutorial I have is for an older version.

Nimono
12-12-2005, 09:48 PM
1: Maybe you should turn the screen data "Enemies>Secrets" on...
2: You can't. At least, I don't THINK you can...

King of Dwythia
12-12-2005, 09:58 PM
About the blocks, I think pikaguy900 has the right idea. Have the blocks as solid and non pushable with the secret flags on them as the pushable blocks. Turn on Enemise>secrets so when you defeat all of the enemies, all of the solid blocks turn into pushable ones.

Freedom
12-12-2005, 09:59 PM
Use a push wait combo for the block, then the enemies will have to be killed first.

You could put a temp trigger tile under the sword so it triggers a warp tile hidden in the floor behind link so link would pick up, and hold up the sword, then as he started to walk away he would encounter the warp tile.