PDA

View Full Version : Free iPod

War Lord
12-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Ok, here's the deal.
We posted up this free iPod thing a while back and no one completed the offer.

I checked it again and it's missing 2 sign-ups to be completed.

The 1st two people to help me out will get:

$20 - either paypal or a check via US Mail.
Premium Membership - Premium Membership for 6 months.

Anyone?

Make sure to use IE.
Referral Link Here (http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=8372338)

ShadowTiger
12-12-2005, 10:45 PM
I'm certainly happy to do so. Just one question please, War Lord. Right now, I'm on the stage where I fill our the Offer, ... though that's only an assumption, since I can't quite tell where the Surveys end and the offer begins. O_o' I suppose I went for the Game players card, and now they're asking for a Credit Card number.

If I give them the correct information:

1) Do I need to give them my real name? Or -only- my credit card information?
2) ... It's a scam, right? ... I mean, obviously, it IS a scam, but how badly are we being harmed here exactly? :p
3) When can we cancel? How difficult is it to do so? Is cancelling like a bumblebee withdrawing his stinger from his unfortunate victim, killing itself in the process? ... Or is it a one-click thing, then you're done for good, with no more E-mails from them?

So yeah, I'm like, ... ... just a few moments away from completing this offer, assuming these questions are answered to the degree necessary. Eh, I'd rather you have the iPod, really. They're quite handy little things. :p

War Lord
12-13-2005, 02:11 AM
From the original post.
It isn't a scam, this company gets paid each time someone signs up for a "service". Regardless if that person cancels or not. Which is how they can afford it.

When I originally saw this (http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8372338) months ago, I wrote it off as a scam, but after researching it more and seeing more and more about it, it turns out that it is actually legitimate.

Here (http://ipod.nyquinet.com//) is a guide to the whole thing. It explains the whole process any most anything you want to know. To sum it up, what happens is you follow a friend's referral link. During the process you give them your mailing address. At the end of the process, to make your account even able to recieve an iPod, you have to complete one of the offers yourself. The easiest everyone says to complete is the AOL offer. I signed up for this one. You simply use the link from the iPod site to sign up for it. You give AOL your name, and address (the same from your freeipod account helps speed the offer completion) and credit card information. It's for a 50 day free trial. It takes 1 to 3 days for the offer to go through to your freeipod account. Once it does, simply call AOL and cancel your trial. No charge ever takes place, and your referrer and yourself get a completion for your account. FreeIPods.com also sends a link to your e-mail you have to click to verify your account. Make sure you get that as well.

ShadowTiger
12-13-2005, 10:03 AM
Once it does, simply call AOL and cancel your trial.... So, we actually have to call them by phone? There's no way to E-mail them to cancel?

War Lord
12-13-2005, 12:52 PM
it depends on the offer.
If the AOL offer still exists I know you can fax something to them instead.

LinkSlash
12-14-2005, 11:14 PM
I'm in. :) I'm signing up right now for it.

War Lord
12-19-2005, 11:53 PM
I've had around 5 signups since I posted, No completions, have any of you completed? I heard it takes a bit nowadays.

Breaker
12-20-2005, 01:05 AM
... So, we actually have to call them by phone? There's no way to E-mail them to cancel?

talking to people is scary.

LinkSlash
12-20-2005, 06:35 PM
I tried to get the whole thing done but I need a credit card and I didn't know that so I stopped.