PDA

View Full Version : Favorite/Worst Minigame?

Monica
12-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Usually, I hate minigames, especially if I'm in the middle of a great game, but I find Xenogears' Card Game absolutely addictive. O_O I love playing it!

I don't have a most hated because I don't play them, so I will say all but The Thames' Game! :) Y'all?

Artevoi
12-11-2005, 09:30 PM
For my favorite I'd say Sonic Adventure's Chao Racing minigames but I'm not sure it qualifies as a "mini" game...

My least favorite is ANY fishing minigame

Monica
12-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Oh I forgot all about Chao, I love raising them! I don't really think of them as a minigame either, maybe the racing itself, but Chao raising seems like a big game inside a bigger game...

Oh yeah, fishing, that's what I hate. It seems like Big the Cat's whole exsistence was a horrible minigame...

Tygore
12-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Chao were infinately better in SA2, but I'd have to agree that the whole Chao system is the best minigame ever.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
12-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Favorite: probably Chao.

Least Favorite: SLOT. CAR. DERBY. SEFJSOIFJDLKFJSDOFIEOIFJSOIFJXLCVJEOSIJRw3orj3w0o8 fj0sdufj

VT_Hokie_Fan
12-11-2005, 11:19 PM
I liked the card battle thing in FFIX, even though I suck at it and its not really all that detailed or extravagant. Also I liked riding the horses in Zelda, even though I didn't like the game all that much.

Monica
12-11-2005, 11:20 PM
Yes, when I said "big game inside a bigger game" I had SA2's Chao in mind. ^^

Oh....I just remembered one I dispise.......Blitzball! I only play it when they force me to inside the game....

ShadowTiger
12-11-2005, 11:43 PM
Oi. I remember a couple of little "Diversions" you could do in some of the Adventure / RPG games I've played. I remember the MTG-Equivalent in Might And Magic 7, ("Battlemage?") That was damn cool. Win all the tournaments across the world, and you gain access to an -AMAZING- load of stuff. :thumbsup: (The game was actually very complex too, and although you could play it faster than you'd think possibly, it still required a bit of thought, and definitely wasn't "slapped together." I was quite impressed with it, actually, for a minigame within a game.

The Race against Dexter Hovis in Freelancer (Mission 7.) was one of the coolest minigames I've ever had the pleasure of playing. Although many chalk up Hovis as being "Easy," it's also rather simple to mess up on the course, and frankly, once you mess it up, you pretty much can't recover. (Oh, and for all you people playing with mods, try the TNG Mod's Shadow Crab in the race. It's pretty damn fast, but its killer capship thruster (Which literally takes you across the system in several seconds.) The thing about the crab, is that although it's small, vertically, it's HUGE horizontally. It's as wide as the whole screen. Considering that you have to pass through rings in the race, it can pretty much screw you over twenty times over. You can do it, but it's by no means easy.

I think that some of the worst minigames I've seen were mostly in Zelda Games, though I don't remember them, thankfully. ... ... Eh, worthless paragraph.

gdorf
12-12-2005, 02:09 PM
After finally earning my Gold Chocobo, I had a deep hatred for chocobo racing.

I did like the FFVII snowboarding game though.