PDA

View Full Version : Nitpicking: Level 1 Quest 1 First Locked Door

gingermuffins
12-11-2005, 08:59 PM
This isn't really that important, but on the NES, quest 1, level 1, if you enter, exit, then enter again, the locked door vanishes without you having to use a key on it. This doesn't seem to work in Zelda Classic 2.10.

Oh, and Zelda Classic is awesome.

ShadowTiger
12-11-2005, 11:55 PM
Heh. Yeah, I know what you mean. It's a weird little error. I wonder if it works anywhere else. This bug is certainly eliminated, as far as I know. ... lol, well, ... good. :p

Besides, you can score a veritably myriad (Vast overexaggeration.) of keys by the end of like, ... level two, at least, just by strategically bombing the walls there instead of unlocking doors. You can avoid unlocking like, two doors in level 1, and another two or three doors in level 2, just by bombing walls. Awesome stuff.

... And very fragile dungeons. xD

Sir_Johnamus
12-12-2005, 12:10 AM
But, after you do it the first time, then repeat, the door locks a gain, in level 1.

erm2003
12-12-2005, 06:14 AM
Ah yes, I love the old NES glitches. How about another one of my favorites? I think it only worked in the levels, but if you laid a bomb and then blew the whistle as it was blowing up, you would freeze the color change caused by the bomb's explosion and turn the screen black and white until you either left the room or went back to the subscreen.

4matsy
12-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Ah yes, I love the old NES glitches. How about another one of my favorites? I think it only worked in the levels, but if you laid a bomb and then blew the whistle as it was blowing up, you would freeze the color change caused by the bomb's explosion and turn the screen black and white until you either left the room or went back to the subscreen.LOL. :D
I remember doing something else that got similar effects. I think it might've been coming up out of a passageway or item room right when the screen flashed from the bomb's explosion...

Speaking of the whistle, try it on Aquamentus. Repeatedly. :p

Another one I liked to do in item basements in dungeons: throw the boomerang at a Keese, miss, and grab the item, freezing the Keese and putting the Keese right in the path of the returning boomerang. You get the "enemy hit" sound, but the Keese doesn't actually blow up until Link is done with the "ZOMG N3\/\/ |+3/\/\" animation. :laughing:

DarkFlameWolf
12-12-2005, 04:13 PM
what the hell did you just say at the end Hypercrash? o_O