PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm Dumb...

Saige
12-11-2005, 03:15 AM
Maybe I'm just stupid, but I never really played the old Zelda game on the NES (well I did but I never found more than the first castle)

Anyways, I am currently playing 192test.qst on Zelda Classic (Can't use 2.10 it's too buggy on my system, runs SLOWWWW, just to clear that up for anybody that is going to think about telling me to get 2.10 for any reason whatsoever.).
Anyways I've gone off track, I need help on the 4th dungeon. I cannot get the stepladder thing or whatever it is called. I get to the room that is to the left of where you are supposed to go down the stairs to get it (according to the walkthroughs for original Zelda I have read) but there is a lock on the door and i need the big key to get through it. Well.. I've explored every room as far as I can and I have not gotten the big key, and I just cannot find a way through the door. So could someone please help me out? Is there a bombable wall I missed somewhere or what?

Help greatly appreciated as I have already wasted 2 hours running around the dungeon in frustration :scared:

EDIT: Wow, sorry that's so long but I have a tendency to ramble.

boram_c
12-11-2005, 12:50 PM
192test.qst is incomplete; the Master Key is inaccessable in that version.

Play another version.

rocksfan13
12-12-2005, 08:44 AM
Incorrect boram_c. It is accessable. You need to go into the zquest editor and open the 183test.qst file. Go to that dungeon and follow your steps through the dungeon until you come to a cave surrounded by water right click on the right side of the cave and change the combo type to stairs. Save it. Then go back and you should be able to get the Boss Key.

Saige
12-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Thank You!!!! I knew there was something up with that stupid looking pillar thing, I tried to set it on fire so many times and all sorts of stuff but I could never figure it out. I owe you hours of my life rocksfan13 :cool:

rocksfan13
12-12-2005, 12:15 PM
Your welcome Saige.

boram_c
12-12-2005, 02:01 PM
It is accessable. You need to go into the zquest editor and open the 183test.qst file. Go to that dungeon and follow your steps through the dungeon until you come to a cave surrounded by water right click on the right side of the cave and change the combo type to stairs. Save it. Then go back and you should be able to get the Boss Key.Well, it is inaccessable without the edit. I just did not realize that stairs were missing.