PDA

View Full Version : Overworld Maps

LinkMaster500
12-10-2005, 09:02 PM
As far as your overworld maps go, what do you prefer to do as far as making them available to the player when playing your quests?

Do you like to make them using MapMaker and then attach it to the quest itself, or enable the in-screen map option (push Space Bar when playing ZC itself), or none of these?

I'm asking this because the quest I'm working on has two overworlds, and I'm trying to decide what to do as far making the maps accessible to the player. How you handle preventing the player from getting stuck and do so without spoiling too much of the fun of playing ZC?

Nimono
12-10-2005, 09:04 PM
I like to put the spacebar option in. Hey, I have a question. Are there any cloud tiles available for download?

Pineconn
12-10-2005, 09:08 PM
There are some good cloud tiles in the Pure TileSet. Also, at PureZC, search for "cloud" in Loose Tiles and some random cloud tiles will be available for download. But at least I know Pure TileSet has good cloud tiles.

I suggest space bar map, too. Always excellent to be able to bring up a large map at your fingertips. ;)

Nimono
12-10-2005, 09:14 PM
I meant walkable cloud tiles, and unfortunately, I can't download ANYTHING from purezc.com!

Pineconn
12-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Why not? :(

Well, with a little customization, you could make them walkable.

Nimono
12-10-2005, 09:30 PM
I honestly don't know why not. All I get is a "The Compressed (Zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted." message when I try to open it and it doesn't do ANYTHING when I try to save it :(