PDA

View Full Version : This is just wrong

Warlock
12-10-2005, 12:28 AM
http://ds.ign.com/articles/674/674221p1.html

That's quite scary. Of course she will never get a publisher to make that. Still, crazy.

Dechipher
12-10-2005, 01:23 AM
Well. That's a bit sexist, doncha think?

ONeilcool
12-10-2005, 01:55 AM
teach children (unknowingly at first), the secrets of great sex.

There is so many things wrong with that line.

Rainman
12-10-2005, 02:28 AM
Does it come with a rumble adaptor?

MacWeirdo42
12-10-2005, 02:34 AM
God, if this weren't directed at children, I'd say hell yeah, sounds hawt. However, being that it is, "Won't someone please think of the children!?" I don't really understand why she's targetting the audience she does. Doesn't seem to make much sense.

Tygore
12-10-2005, 02:34 AM
What?

But... I... it's not... but it...

WHAT???

MottZilla
12-10-2005, 02:45 AM
Not to mention, Nintendo most likely reserves the right to stop the release of any such titles on their platforms. I think it's a stupid idea anyway. I'm also annoyed by these people and their amazement that females play video games too. Bunch of idiots.

Anyways, I think this deserves in the trash bin with that game like Rez or something that came with its own vibrator. Who fucking cares.

Archibaldo
12-10-2005, 10:54 AM
:odd: Okay then... I guess those anti-sexual video game "enthusists" are gonna be pissed if that gets released. They almost had a heart attack with San Andreas.

Grasshopper
12-10-2005, 12:17 PM
I think GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=24048155) said it best. "The game was merely a prototype made for the event. It has not been--nor is it likely to be--officially certified by Nintendo, and it is not commercially available."

GameSpot said that Heather was an Ubisoft employee, so I figure Ubisoft would more than likely be a publisher for it. And despite what IGN says about this game "being designed [to] teach children (unknowingly at first), the secrets of great sex", its all about the women and how to please themselves. The site says nothing about a mans perspective. Its right there in bold letters.

"My personal challenge
Teach techniques of female gratification to a target audience of females"

What I'm wondering is, what makes this person an expert in gratification? Did she learn on her own? Could any girl learn on her own?

On the other hand, (no pun intended), this to me, seems more beneficial to guys.

Linkafier
12-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Why blow 35 bucks on a game that teaches you about sex when there are millions of school classes and internet websites dedicated to just that? :p

I don't think it'll pass as a release, and even if it did, you wouldn't see it on shelves very often.

DarkFlameWolf
12-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Again, why blow 35 bucks on a game that teaches you about sex when there are plenty of real life people to teach you? ha ha

ONeilcool
12-10-2005, 02:02 PM
who do you think acutallly supports this release, there has got to be more the a random lady thats wants to make it. Im sure some people at AGN think its a good idea, but they would rather not post because they would be called wrong, perverted, messed up, you get the idea.

ZeldaLord
12-10-2005, 08:34 PM
This is pathetic. Obviously this person has absolutely no idea about marketing, if she seriously thinks she can get any publisher to back that idea, especially with the audience she's targetting.
The whole idea is absurd, anyway, thinking you can "unknowingly" tech young kids about sex...not to mention wrong.

Grasshopper
12-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Can she get any publisher? Or does she even need to get any publisher? She is a game designer for Ubisoft Montreal. So that means if Ubisoft develops the game, I would figure Ubisoft would publish it. So, she only has to look as far as where she works, I would think.

Second, she isn't making this game to teach young kids. Check out her site, not IGN. I don't know where IGN come up with that. But quoted again,

My personal challenge
Teach techniques of female gratification to a target audience of females
I would think a person would have to reach puberty or there isn't really any point in this game. I doubt a little girl would care much about that, especially thinking how this would affect here 5 years from now. (Or whenever) So unless the girl has reached puberty early, then I would assume this is targeted to girls in highschool and older, well into the teens. Thats my opinion about.

Of course, I would only hope she isn't really marketting this for little girls. Thats just perverted and wrong. A innocent little kid doesn't need to be thinking about sex that young in life, and doesn't need to be introduced to that sort of stuff so young.