PDA

View Full Version : Favorite First Boss?

Jetter
12-09-2005, 04:00 PM
When making a quest, what do you put as your first boss? Personally I like to use a darknut, but sometimes Aquamentus but with some obstacles or something in the terrain. In fact, I try to avoid just a nice open fighting space for bosses altogether. Sooooo... what do you all do for first boss?

boram_c
12-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Aquamentus is the traditional first boss; his fireballs are blockable (with the Magic Shield) and deliver only ½ a heart of damage (with no rings or armor). Colliding with his head costs a full heart.

Dodongo works as a first boss as long as a rookie player learns how to properly feed him. I plan to use a single Dodongo as the first boss in one of my quests; defeating Dodongo would earn the first sword (with bombs being the first item the player receives).

Mr. Z's quest, Link's Birthday, uses a Blue Goriya as the first miniboss. With 2½ hearts of stamina and 1 heart of damage, he can be tough with only 3 hearts at the start.

Nimono
12-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Wow. I, too, have a Dodongo as the first boss in my (uncompleted) quest. The second boss will possibly be the hardest, as the boss is a bunch of Wizzrobes....

DarkFlameWolf
12-09-2005, 09:37 PM
O_o
as long as you provide the equipment to deal with those wizzrobes that early in the game, then it should be okay.
Anyway, I usually like the duel (left and right) Aquamentus combo paired up with shooting statues. Many people felt that was too hard in Isle of the Winds for a level 1 boss. But I say, use your damn bow and arrows! :lol:

Nimono
12-09-2005, 09:45 PM
Well, I'm planning on providing enough Heart Containers so you can endure the attacks of the 4 Wizzrobes, 2 Stalfos 2's, and those Octorocks. Plus, you can get the Blue Ring really early. Dungeon 1 has a Raft as its item, and once you get it (and providing you have any bombs left over from the 6 Dodongos), you just have to bomb a wall and you're on your way to the blue ring! Unfortunately, you have to explore Level 2 a bit (just 3 or 4 rooms) to get the Hookshot, a required item to get the Blue Ring. Also, you need the Hammer, which is behind some Heavy push blocks, so you'll need the Power Bracelet... Sigh... I'll do my best to make it to where you can defeat the Wizzrobes easy. Too bad I left some Magic Mirrors in the boss room...

Of course, you won't tackle ALL of Level 2 on your first run-through, as you'll need the Flippers (which you will get VERY late in the quest) to get to the boss.

DarkFlameWolf
12-10-2005, 01:26 PM
O_o aren't you supposed to beat levels in sequential order instead of hitting level 2 and only beating it after level 8?

Nimono
12-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Good point! But in most Zelda games, you can tackle each dungeon available to you in any order. In the original NES game, you could get to the end of dungeon 1, and not collect the Triforce until you beat level 8!

Jetter
12-11-2005, 01:20 PM
Heh. Having the player beat levels in sequential order is what people generally do but having the player beat levels in sequential order but also making them go through small parts of later levels to get an item then run out. I'm not saying have the player beat a few rooms of wizzarobes or other enemies of that diffaculty but maybe run past two wizzarobes and make it easy to dodge the magic or let them have the magic shield.

Nimono
12-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Hmmm.... Good point... Um.... I want my quest to be hard, but not TOO hard....