PDA

View Full Version : Animal Crossing: WW

Orion
12-08-2005, 01:54 AM
Anyone have this game yet? I've been wanting this game forever and I finally went out and picked it up last night. But frankly, I'm pretty disappointed. There's really not much difference between the GCN and DS versions. The touch screen controls are horrible (except for menus and typing, in which case they help immensly), they took out holidays (damn political correctness!), and there's just not as much fun stuff to do. They took out a lot of the little things that made the GCN version fun and added a bunch of dumb features to WW (such as a watering can to water flowers). For as long as this game has been in development, it certainly doesn't show.

ONeilcool
12-08-2005, 02:00 AM
I was thinking about this game and I really liked the GC verison but I don't know if its really worth buying. After reading your post I don't think I will. I say a video of some of the gameplay and it seemed way different, but around the same concept.I think if i ever find another person with the game when I have it, it might acutally be cool. Now that I think of it, the concept of this game is kinda centered about going to other peoples towns. Anyways I don't think I'll end up playing, not enough time or money.BTW who does have enough time for this game?

vegeta1215
12-08-2005, 02:37 PM
I was under the impression that the game wasn't supposed to be very different from the Gamecube version, and that it's biggest appeal is being able to visit your friends villages and use the touch pad to type things in the game instead of menus :shrug: (because you couldn't do either very easily on the Gamecube)

I see no problem in that. Nintendo is trying to appeal to a different type of audience (like it did for Nintendogs) and I think it's going to work.

AtmaWeapon
12-08-2005, 04:06 PM
I want the game but don't have the funds at the moment. I am hoping to get it for/around Christmas, but I don't think it will be very appealing to me until I can get my fiance a DS and a copy of the game for her :)

VI3T_DR@GON
12-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Hehehe, Im getting a DS for C-mas, so I might get that..You never know, it could be good in some ways..Im gonna give it a try.

goKi
12-09-2005, 03:01 AM
If you have the GCN version, there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to buy this.

AlexMax
12-09-2005, 05:09 PM
For those of you thinking that this game is pretty much like the N64/Gamecube version, I must warn you that according to reviews I have read (IGN), there are no NES games contained in the game. Just in case that was...you know...important to you.

You're essentially trading NES games for multiplayer, so if you have the GCN version already and don't have a wifi adapter for your DS, I wouldn't bother.