PDA

View Full Version : So, what games do you have for your DS?

KJAZZ
12-06-2005, 07:02 PM
I was just looking at my games, and I wondered what games everyone here had.

Games: (From oldest to most recently bought games)

Super Mario 64 DS
Metroid Prime Hunters (Demo, came with DS)
Wario Ware: Touched!
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Yu-Gi-Oh!: Nightmare Troubadour
Jump Superstars (Imported)
Mario Kart DS
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

All in all, I'd say that I've enjoyed each and every one of these games thoroughly. Unfortunately, I can't get online yet with Mario Kart DS due to a lack of dongle or wireless router, but I hope to get online soon.. Probably with Animal Crossing: Wild World as well ... :spin:

vegeta1215
12-06-2005, 09:32 PM
I just got my DS last week, and I am really enjoying it so far. Right now I have:
- Mario Kart DS
- Lost in Blue

I put Mario & Luigi Partners in Time on my X-mas list, and I'm eager to play that. There are a lot of other games I'm interested in too, such as Trace Memory and Meteos. I hear Advance Wars DS and Castlevania are great, but I think I'm going to skip those since they are so much like the GBA ones I have.

Some of the games I'm looking forward to in the future include Metroid Prime Hunters, New Super Mario Bros, Super Princess Peach, FF: Crystal Chronicles, the new Mana game, and more.

Vagla
12-06-2005, 09:37 PM
I have the following:

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Mario Kart DS
Meteos
Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt (two copies)
Ridge Racer DS
Sonic Rush
Super Mario 64 DS
Wario Ware Touched!
Yoshi Touch & Go

All in all, my collection is pretty good. The worst game I own is probably Mario 64, followed by Ridge Racer DS (seriously, the last few races are impossible!). I plan on getting a few more games soon that I want which happen to be pretty damn cheap now.

Tygore
12-06-2005, 10:40 PM
-Metroid Demo
-Mario 64
-Wario Ware: Touched
-Nintendogs: Dachshund
-Mario Kart

The DS has an impressive library. There are so many games that I want to get, but simply do not have the money for. The next I'll get is most likely Animal Crossing.

Saffith
12-07-2005, 12:42 AM
Bomberman
Feel the Magic: XY/XX
Meteos
Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt
Nanostray
Pac-Pix
Polarium
Super Mario 64 DS
WarioWare: Touched!

Still several more to get. Probably get a few as gifts soon.

Grasshopper
12-07-2005, 01:25 AM
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Nintendogs: Dachshund and Friends
Super Mario 64 DS
WarioWare: Touched!

DarkDragoonX
12-07-2005, 01:40 AM
Super Mario 64 DS
Lost In Blue
Sonic Rush
Mario & Luigi 2

Orion
12-07-2005, 01:40 AM
I have been waiting to get my DS until some games I were interested in came out, so I got mine when Mario Kart came out. Then I bought Nintendogs cuz I found it cheap at a used game store, and I just bought Animal Crossing today. Really, the only reason I've been wanting a DS is for Mario Kart and Animal Crossing, and more specifically, their online components. I think the only game that I'm looking forward to in the forseeable future is the new Super Mario Bros. game. Lost in Blue and Castlevania look interesting, but I don't think I'd play them too often... I rarely play handhelds.

*b*
12-07-2005, 04:20 AM
Metroid Prime Hunters demo
Super Mario 64 DS
Yoshi Touch & Go
Kirby Canvas Curse
Bomberman
Lunar Dragon Song
Mario Kart DS

Kairyu
12-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Super Mario Kart DS
Meteos
Metroid: Hunters (Demo)
Super Mario 64 DS

And, when it comes out, Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers.

Linkafier
12-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Sadly, I've been neglecting my DS. That'll soon change this Christmas and the following year.

Super Mario 64 DS
Metroid Prime Hunter Demo

Sad, no? :(

AtmaWeapon
12-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Games with ratings 5 stars is best:

Yoshi's Touch and Go ****
Polarium (-5 stars avoid it)
Meteos *****
Puyo Pop Fever (-3 stars)
Trace Memory ****
Castlevania: Duel of Screens *****
Mario Kart: Double Screen *****

Archibaldo
12-09-2005, 04:02 PM
I have:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
Wario Ware: Touched!
Sprung
Trauma Center (Which by the way is a very difficult game, its hard than a priest at a playground)

AlexMax
12-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Reading this thread just made me realize how many awesome games there are and are coming out for the DS. I honestly didn't think Nintendo could pull it off, but they might have a winner on their hands.

That said, if I had a DS in the first place, I'd probably have the following games:

* Wario Ware: Touched!
* Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
* Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
* Meteos
* Mario Kart DS
* Bomberman
* Sonic Rush

No, not Mario 64 DS. I just can't get the hang of the analog control in that game...I'd rather play it on the origional 64.

firebug
12-09-2005, 05:51 PM
I bought my DS not too long ago.. I bought:
Kirby Canvas Curse
Trace Memory
and then I came to my senses and bought:
Supercard SD http://www.gameboy-advance.net/nintendo_ds/nds-supercard.htm
PassMe2 http://www.dspassme.com/
now I'm a happy DS owner!

Vagla
12-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Games with ratings 5 stars is best:

Yoshi's Touch and Go ****
Polarium (-5 stars avoid it)
Meteos *****
Puyo Pop Fever (-3 stars)
Trace Memory ****
Castlevania: Duel of Screens *****
Mario Kart: Double Screen *****
I was actually just about to buy Polarium and Puyo Pop. What exactly is wrong with those games? Might I still like them?

Say what you will about IGN (I really hear nothing but bashing about that site :P), but I do usually agree with the ratings given by the DS channel, and they gave those two games respectable-enough ratings; the games look interesting to me, and I'm a Puyo Puyo fan. Might I still like these?

Also, can anyone tell me how Bomberman is? Is it worth getting? I don't know anyone else with a DS right yet, so I'm not really able to do offline multiplayer; is it worth getting, then?

Saffith
12-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Bomberman is Bomberman. Single player's got an interesting item storage system, but it's pretty long and the levels are all more or less the same. Battle mode's good, but the DS doesn't add a whole lot besides bigger maps and more players. There are lots of options, and the AI's reasonably good. There are several game types, but the maps could be a bit more varied.
So it's pretty much just Bomberman. If you like playing battle mode against the computer in other Bombermans, you'll probably like it in the DS version. The single player really isn't worth it, though.

I rather like Polarium, too, but I'll wait and see what Atma has to say about it.

Grasshopper
12-09-2005, 10:11 PM
I played Polarium, and I didn't like it. I wouldn't give it -5 though. :) I liked the concept, it was an okay puzzle game, but what made me not like it was that there wasn't anything to it. I didn't have anyone to play with, so I had the single player, and puzzle mode. Its not that its a bad puzzle game, its just I wanted more to it. And I was dissappointed in that respect.

goKi
12-10-2005, 04:58 AM
Nothing wrong with Polarium. I enjoyed it.

My latest game is Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I'm loving it.

Brasel
12-10-2005, 08:45 AM
I have:

Mario 64, which was fun. I love the mini games.
Metroid Prime Hunters Demo
Trace Memory was fun too, but really short.
Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits I honestly bought because of Zlda64Gld's old avatar...Its a fun game, though.
Need For Speed Underground 2 was alright. I like some racing games, this was just okay.
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow kicked so much ass. I hadn't played any of the GBA Castlevania games, so I don't know if they were anywhere near as good as this was, so I might be looking at getting those too.
...and Lunar: Dragon Song...I can't even play this game. I really don't like the battling at all. This game doesn't resemble any of the other Lunars at all.

Unfortunately, while I've been in Iraq, I haven't had the opportunity to get certain games that have come out, like Mario Kart. And on top of that, I dropped my DS the other night and the top screen broke. Sucks to be me.

Artevoi
12-11-2005, 03:59 PM
In no real order and purely from memory:

Mario Kart DS
Meteos (THIS. GAME. KICKS. ASS.)
Sonic Rush
Nintendogs: Lab and Friends (One Shiba Inu named Shade, and one Welsh Corgi named Ein)
Warioware: Touched!
Super Mario 64 DS
Star Wars Episode III
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (Freakin' Sweet!)
Metroid Prime: Pinball (I suck at pinball, but I still like it)
Sims 2
Lunar: Dragon Song (Note to self: Why haven't you sold this and SW Ep. 3 yet?)
Bomberman

(EDIT: Can't believe I forgot those last two)

KingArthur
12-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Animal Crossing
Mario Kart
Castlevania
Trauma Center
Phoenix Wright
Mario and Luigi 2
Sonic Rush
Viewtiful Joe
Lost in Blue
Metroid Pinball

I loves my DS... yesss...

AlexMax
12-27-2005, 07:49 PM
Just got my DS. The first two games I got were Polariam and Mario Kart DS. Polariam is OK, but Mario Kart DS is most excilent, it has pretty much every feature I had been wanting in a Mario Kart since Mario Kart 64....plus it has Block Fort. BLOCK FORT!!!

Now if only I could get online...

EDIT: Took back Polarium and got Bomberman DS instead.

Yoshiman
12-29-2005, 01:09 AM
I have:

-Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
-Super Mario 64 DS

My sisters also own:

-Mario Kart DS
-All 3 Nintendogs
-Sims 2

My favorite is definitely Castlevania. It proves that games don't have to be 3-D to be good. It also improved upon Aria of Sorrow. There was something that seemed to be missing, but is present in DoS.

As for Mario 64, it's also fairly enjoyable. It takes some time to get used to using the d-pad, though (I can't stand the stylus). I was in need of a platformer. I got all 120 stars on my N64 version, and needed something new.

I haven't really sat down to play Mario Kart, so I can't really say much about it. Although it is neat to see some of the SNES stages in 3-D.

As for Nintendogs and Sims 2, I don't have the patience to really play them. :shrug:

Warlock
12-29-2005, 06:42 PM
-Super Mario 64 DS
-Kirby Canvas Curse
-Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
-Mario Kart DS
-Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
-Metroid Prime Pinball

vegeta1215
12-29-2005, 08:16 PM
For those that have it, how is Metroid Prime Pinball? I played it briefly at Best Buy, and it was pretty fun, but I'm not sure if it warrants a purchase (despite being Metroid themed)

Oh, and to update my list:
Mario Kart DS
Lost in Blue
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time

Vagla
12-29-2005, 09:40 PM
MP Pinball is pretty cool, but it's kind of short; there are only 6 boards, only 2 of which are really full-fledged. The rest are pretty much boss boards, where all you really do is fight a boss. The two full-fledged boards are pretty neat; they have a bunch of missions you can do, and there are all sorts of ramps and things to hit and such. Overall, I think it's pretty fun. There's also an expert mode, which is actually quite tough; I've not yet beaten it. That helps to add some more longevity to the game.

I've not tried multiplayer, so I know nothing about that; it is single-card, though, as far as I know. As for the rumble pak, it's kind of neat, but it's loud as hell; I was really surprised. It kind of sounds like you're playing at a real pinball table; it really is quite bad. I think the rumble pak is still kinda neat, though. ;)

Whether it's worth a buy or not, I'm not sure. I like it, and it's a good pick-up-and-play game, while still being one you can play around with for a while in a single sitting. *shrugs*

Oh, my newest Nintendo DS game list, updated from Christmas and some games I bought on my own:

Feel The Magic: XX/XY
Jump Superstars (Jpn)
Mario Kart DS
Meteos
Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt (x2)
Metroid Prime Pinball
Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits (Jpn)
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan (Jpn)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Polarium
Puyo Pop Fever
Ridge Racer DS
Sonic Rush
Super Mario 64 DS
Trauma Center: Under the Knife
Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble
Wario Ware Touched!
Yoshi Touch & Go

MasterSwordUltima
01-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Roar, I only really play my DS for ACWW...WiFi > All

Mario Kart DS
Super Mario 64 DS
Advance Wars: Duel Strike

Yeeap...

Vagla
01-05-2006, 12:57 AM
I've been playing Phoenix Wright lately, and so far it's been amazing. I love it. The dialogue is well done, and it's a lot of fun to pick apart witness' testimonies. I highly recommend it. :)

Gerudo
01-05-2006, 03:01 AM
in no order:

Asphalt
Nintendogs Chihuahua
Lost In Blue
Mario64DS
Touch! Kirby (i prefer that name over Canvas Curse)
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Sonic Rush
Driller

i swear i am forgetting a game...

Fiyerstorm
01-05-2006, 05:09 AM
Mario Kart DS
Sonic Rush
Animal Crossing: Wild World

Skulkraken
01-06-2006, 12:49 AM
Just Advance Wars: Dual Strike right now. I wish money grew on trees like in Animal Crossing....

ONeilcool
01-06-2006, 02:11 AM
I have:

Advanced Wars: Dual Strike
Mario kart DS

and My sister has:

Animal Crossing WW
and like every nintendogs

Its not much but its enough

VI3T_DR@GON
01-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Aww...

I only have..

Mario Kart DS
&
Super Mario 64 DS

Im getting Burnout: Legends on sunday. Yay

Vagla
01-06-2006, 08:25 PM
No. NO! Please don't get Burnout Legends. Here's why. (http://ds.ign.com/articles/673/673092p1.html) It got awful scores from IGN, as well as 3 of the other places that reviewed it that are shown on Gamestats.com, and the only reason the average is as good as it is (4.2) is because of a single reviewer who gave it an 8.5. 4/5 reviewes gave it poor scores, and the gamer score doesn't seem all that great, either. And take a look at the videos; they don't look good at all. Seriously, I think your money could be much better spent on a different game; this game looks awful.

VI3T_DR@GON
01-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Oooo...thats bad....Ok ill just stick to Burnout Revenge and Point of Impact, 2 great games.

J Burnz
01-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Can anybody say how trauma center is?
Im getting my DS in whenever the next shipment comes to my town.
This game will be my first buy!

Vagla
01-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Trauma Center is one of my favorite DS games. Although the whole touchscreen interface can be a little wonky at times (as in, you stitch someone up and it doesn't recognize it or you do something perfectly and the game claims you did it wrong and penalizes you...over and over and over until you've been penalized some 10 or more times ;)), the surgeries are really fun to do and it's incredibly challenging at times to complete an operation. There are a lot of operations to complete, along with a story to tie them all together, but be warned that this game gets really, really hard. There's an operation I'm stuck on right now because it seems pretty impossible to complete, though I'm sure I'll get it eventually, just like the last operation, which was also incredibly hard and took me a very long time to complete. They really test your skills at times in Trauma Center. To be fair, it's sometimes the fault of the game that things are so hard; I found magnifying and demagnifying to be a pain because the game didn't always recognize my little circles (though I had better luck drawing C's than circles), and sometimes I'll do something perfectly and it'll claim I made a mistake, but you can't really expect this game to be perfect; it's a pretty complex kind of game.

Overall, I really like it. You'll probably enjoy quite a bit. :)

Zelda_Warrior
01-13-2006, 07:29 PM
you guys are lucky, all i have is super mario 64 DS :P

VI3T_DR@GON
01-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Heh, it isnt that good of a game. Just go play SM64 on your N64 and you'll be in pleasure town.

Zelda_Warrior
01-14-2006, 12:17 AM
i only have the game becasue when i bought my ds it came with it

Vagla
01-14-2006, 01:15 AM
I thought that SM64DS was much better than the original, but the issue is that I really don't want to play through SM64 again. I stopped at something like 60 stars and simply collected all the minigames so I'd have something new to play. :) The controls also drove me a little crazy; I can't even count the number of times I died in Bowser's second level as a result of the control. It was frustrating.

I got a chance to play Metroid Prime Pinball's single-card multiplayer mode, so I think I'll mention a little about that. You get to play in Magmoor Caverns, which seems to be unique to single card multiplayer. It's not as featureful as the standard 2 boards (there are no missions and the wall jump takes place on the board itself without you even controlling it), but it's still kind of neat. The objective is to reach a target score before the other player, and neither you nor your opponent can affect one another at all.

For those willing to import games, I highly recommend Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan and Jump Superstars. Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan is a neat music game where you tap hit markers in time with the music (as well as drag along a few spots and spin some things) as you try to help people who are having trouble with any number of things (for example, in one the objective is to help a horse catch a thief). While there are only 15 songs, there are several difficulty levels which change the hitmarks you have to hit; easy is incredibly easy, though sometimes the hitmarks are timed very oddly with the music to make it so there are fewer things to tap, I guess, but it makes it a bit difficult on the first run through, in my opinion. I've definitely been having a lot of fun with the game and look forward to playing through hard mode.

As for Jump Superstars, the game has a bit of a slow start and is very Japanese-heavy, but it gets a lot better when you start doing more fighting. Each round has some sort of objective to clear it, though this is commonly something along the lines of 'get the most KOs' or 'defeat a certain player.' Sometimes there will be objectives such as bouncing around a treasure chest or breaking walls, so you'll need an FAQ for this kind of stuff if you're not proficient in Japanese. Most missions also have special objectives you can complete to get koma pieces for the bottom screen, which you tap during play to do special attacks and other such things. You'll likely need an FAQ for these special objectives, too, but if you know katakana, you should be able to figure out most of them. Without ANY Japanese knowledge, you'll probably be able to figure out a few special objectives, specifically the ones that ask you not to use certain buttons. Those with limited or no Japanese knowledge will also have trouble constructing koma; you win pieces for completing objectives, but you have to put them together, and I've been finding this incredibly difficult so far (I've not yet constructed a single piece, and if you make a mistake, I think you lose the piece). The game isn't Smash Bros calibur so far, but I'm starting to really like it.

Overall, I prefer Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, but they're both quite good, and they're also the perfect games to import, since neither will likely ever make it to the US.

Masamune
01-14-2006, 01:33 AM
Mr. Driller
Super Mario 64DS
Mario Kart DS
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Nintendogs

Mehh... I want Animal Crossing.