PDA

View Full Version : Several questions that need to be answered!

Otto Halmen
12-05-2005, 07:04 AM
Question #1: How can I make "variable" guy rooms like those in X-mas Apocalypse?

Question #2: How can I make readable signs and talking people like those in Oracle of Hyrule?

Question #3: How can I put music in guy rooms like those in Ganon's Claim?

I don't think that these questions are answered in the editor's manual; I haven't found any answers, but I am not the best reader of docs.

rocksfan13
12-05-2005, 08:49 AM
1: define variable.

2: Upon walking to the person or sign make a combo tile that direct warps you to an identicle screen with a guy and string on it. Be sure to remove one of the guys if you don't want anyone to show up when you're reading the sign. Then place the same direct warp combos all around where link would be standing and have it warp back to the original screen. As long as you don't miss anything, it should work. I did this in my latest quest.

3: You have to have the player side warp with a scrolling warp into the boss room onto a different dmap with the music you want to play.

Otto Halmen
12-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Thanks.

"define variable". Well, I just got the feeling that they can somehow be created individually. I have tried to make a map filled with guy rooms and a dmap to them, and tried to set the guy and message string and room type in them, but it haven't worked. It didn't work either when I entered all that info in the Overworld room.

Freedom
12-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Dmap need a level number other than (greater than) 0 for strings to work