PDA

View Full Version : Zelda ???

dburford11
12-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Well i don't know where else to show off what I have so far on my ZC game so I will do so here. I am working on a game, I cannot think of a name yet but I have one screen shot. They are below.

http://www.zelda383.net/images/Image5.png

ShadowTiger
12-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Well, how about Here (http://www.armageddongames.net/forumdisplay.php?f=30)? :p (Don't start it a second time though. Just know for next time, I suppose.)

Looks fairly nice for the Classic Tileset. o.o Looks like a basic reversal. How do you think you'll handle each of the warps though, considering there's only one tile warp per screen? :p

ZeldaLord
12-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Yeah, multiwarps aren't the easiest thing, and I wouldn't reccomend it if you're a beginner. ;)

Dark Spawn
12-05-2005, 09:07 PM
How do you have multiple warps anyway?

C-Dawg
12-08-2005, 09:29 AM
There's a few methods. The easiest is to just set up one of the caves at the edge of the screen, make it a walk-through block rather than a cave, warp, or stair, and then just use a side warp. It will look like they went into the cave.

Slightly more difficult is to use the different properties of pit, side, and stair warps (which might be called something different now; stair warps = direct warps I beleive). Draw your screen with two doors; call it screen A. Make one of the doors a PIT warp, and make the other a STAIR warp.

Now make another screen, call it screen B. On screen B, at the same location as the pit warp on screen A, draw a bunch of stair warps that the player cannot avoid instantly stepping on. On screen B, place some convayers pointing off of the side of the screen, directly next to the side of the screen, and place the green and blue squares on top of these convayers so that a player warping there will be instantly pushed off of the side of the screen.

Next, set the stair warp of screen B to be where you want to the player to go when they enter the pit door on screen A; set the side warp (for the side you set up with convayers) to be the side you want the player to go when the enter the stair door on screen A.

Lastly, point the doors from screen A to send the player to screen B, and put an exact replica of screen A's appearance on Layer 3 or above on screen B.

See what happens? The player goes into one door or the other, and then instantly warps to a second secret screen that the player never notices because it looks identical. And then the player instantly zips along to a second location depending on which door they went into. And you could, in theory, change this plan to accomodate any number of different doors on a map, but it would get more and more complicated, and the warping would take annoyingly long for some doors.

There's a third way to do multiwarps using Choose Any Path caves, but I've always considered it less versitile than the above method.