PDA

View Full Version : All European Life Died in Auschwitz: By Sebastian Vilar Rodrigez.

ShadowTiger
11-30-2005, 08:51 PM
6 million Jews for 20 Million Muslims

(This is a translation of an article from a Spanish newspaper--- )

All European Life Died in Auschwitz By Sebastian Vilar Rodrigez

I walked down the street in Barcelona and suddenly discovered a Terrible truth - Europe died in Auschwitz. We killed six million Jews and replaced them with 20 million Muslims.

In Auschwitz we burned a culture, thought, creativity, talent. We destroyed a chosen people, truly chosen, because they produced great and wonderful people who changed the world. The contribution of this people is felt in all areas of life: science, art, international trade, and above all, in the conscience of the world.

These are the people we burned. And under the pretence of tolerance, and because we wanted to prove to ourselves that we were cured of the disease of racism, we opened our gates to 20 million Muslims, who brought us stupidity and ignorance, religious extremism and lack of tolerance, crime and poverty due to an unwillingness to work and support their families with pride.

They have turned our beautiful Spanish cities into the third world, drowning in filth and crime. Shut up in the apartments they receive free from the government, they plan the murder and destruction of their naïve hosts. And thus, in our misery, we have exchanged culture for fanatical hatred, creative skill for destructive skill, intelligence or backwardness and superstition.

We have exchanged the pursuit of peace of the Jews of Europe and their talent for hoping for a better future for their children, their determined clinging to life because life is holy, for those who pursue death, for a people consumed by the desire for death for themselves and others, for our children and theirs. What a terrible mistake was made by a miserable Europe.

France is learning a lesson right now. Indeed.

Gerudo
11-30-2005, 10:25 PM
this is why all religion must be abolished.

no allah/god/too many other gods to name/ , no jihad...

ShadowTiger
11-30-2005, 11:07 PM
IMHO, religion is all well and good, ... ... at least until it comes to violence and/or being taught to think lesser of other religions, races, or people. Any religion that condones such a thing surely isn't all that good of a religion. :-z

Religions are supposed to HELP with your life. They're supposed to provide helpful guidance to your life. If it mostly sends you out on a mission of hatred toward other religions, ... well, .. that's just (what we would probably consider to be) Backwards! :odd:

Lilith
12-01-2005, 02:37 AM
People use religion as an excuse. If they weren't using religion they'd be using government or economics to do the exact same thing. It's people, not the system.

Beldaran
12-01-2005, 03:29 AM

Athiest Communism has systematically murdered tens of millions at a time, often under single regimes. Millions of people have been murdered for refusing to be athiests, so your argument does not hold up in the face of history.

AlexMax
12-01-2005, 04:00 AM
The author of the article in the first post is a huge faggot.

I'm not the biggest fan of religion. In fact, I don't see how any sane person can subscribe to one. But state-supported ANYTHING, be it christianity,atheism, judism, buddism, oldschoolism or newshoolism, is a bad idea. A man has a right to beleive whatever the hell he wants, even if he's flat out wrong. "Abolish religion?" You want to take santa, the tooth fairy, the easter bunny, world peace, and other fairy tales like that and throw them out the window too?

Some people are not secure enough to comprehend that there MAY NOT be a heaven. People, who are otherwise perfectly normal people. It helps to think of Religion less of a ssease that's out to ruin the world and more of a crutch that helps people who can't handle what they can observe. Yeah, people in power will abuse religion for their own beneift, but that's going to happen no matter if there's religion or not. Where did religion play into...say...Enron, someone who took advantage of millinos of people and left them all in the lurch when it came to their health care plans?

Food for thought. I hope that you reply to me, intead of egging Beldaran along with a "OH YEAH, RELIGION DID THIS AND THIS AND THIS".

Rainman
12-01-2005, 04:07 AM
Athiest Communism has systematically murdered tens of millions at a time, often under single regimes. Millions of people have been murdered for refusing to be athiests, so your argument does not hold up in the face of history.
Atheism is not a code of beliefs. It's only characterized by the lack of belief. You can't lump atheists together since they can have any number of moral codes and principles as long as they lack the belief in religion. I as an atheist no more identify with Stalins principles than a christian would a Hindu. Atheist didn't kill anyone nor did religion. They are just beliefs systems and they have nothing to do with how people act.

Beldaran
12-01-2005, 05:34 AM
Unless you can prove there is no god, then you have to accept that atheism is a belief that there is no god. Agnosticism is the one that is not a belief system. It is simply the acknowledgement that you don't know whether or not there's a god.

slothman
12-01-2005, 06:23 AM
Regardless of the benefits of religion I don't know why they seem to forget 5 million people in the Holocaust.
Yes 6 million Jews were killed but 11 million total. Over have of those were Poles. Jew's aren't the only people in the world. Poland and the other groups, like Gypsys, count too.

ShadowTiger
12-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Regardless of the benefits of religion I don't know why they seem to forget 5 million people in the Holocaust. Yes 6 million Jews were killed but 11 million total. Over have of those were Poles. Jew's aren't the only people in the world. Poland and the other groups, like Gypsys, count too.As far as I know, (Or at least as far as I care.) The focus of the article lies in a series of items leading up to an irony of Europe's. If you wish to focus your impressions on mentions of the Jews in that article, be my guest.

Unless you can prove there is no god, then you have to accept that atheism is a belief that there is no god. Agnosticism is the one that is not a belief system. It is simply the acknowledgement that you don't know whether or not there's a god.Not knowing whether there is a god or not may imply that you could go either way, based on any number of events or sudden bombardments of religious arguments. :p If you find yourself saying "There's a God!" one day, then the next, "Where's my God now, wrryyyyy" and things like that, then (IMHO) you may be Agnostic.

If you continuously believe that there Is No God, then, you're more than likely an Atheist. Wondering if there's a God but finding negative results is different than having faith that there is no God at all. Two relatively different things. (Again, this is just in my opinion. I don't know how well that "argument" may stand up to whatever you guys would think.)

Some people are not secure enough to comprehend that there MAY NOT be a heaven.Well said. o.o' To some, the belief in heaven may be all that they have holding them to their Mortal Coils. Imagine what would happen if all of their hope was suddenly yanked away. If you really can't prove that a Heaven exists or doesn't, all you really have is faith. =/

koopa
12-01-2005, 02:42 PM

I couldn't disagree more. For me, religion gives you values, a sense of right and wrong. All humans need some values or else they make up their own. This is not bad in itself, but it can lead them to adopt bad values. One of the very reasons that nazism became so powerful was that it offered a "religion substitute" to people that were disillusioned and had no firm idea where to go. Hitler proposed a "solution" and many followed. It's no different today: Islamic extremism pretends to offer "solutions" to the problems that face young muslims in the west and back at home. It gives their followers a clear message and people give their lives up for it.
Only it is a message of hate, terror and destruction.

I would never become a suicide bomber, and one reason is that I believe killing llike that is deeply evil. The very thought disgusts me. I have my values in life and my beliefs in what is good, and that does not include terrorism.

I cannot agree with anyone wanting to abolish all religion on the grounds that some people calling themselves religious commit atrocities. There are peaceful religions too. I do not believe God ever ordered us to kill each other. And I do not see a thing wrong with christianity. There may be things wrong in some churches, there is definately something wrong with state-religion and religious states, but believing as such is not smoething bad. There are religious people speaking out against terrorism, even moderate islamic ones.

No religion would not stop any wars. Wars are fought for land, oil, power. Religion is a handy excuse to get people to kill each other, but it can also deter them from killing. But without religion, one could take something like race, skin color, whatever you like and still fight over it. Communism under Stalin, as Beldaran pointed out, was specifically anti-religious and look at where that lead.

MacWeirdo42
12-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Oh lord... Can't believe I'm actually saying this... Well, here goes nothing.

Firstly, I'd just like to say that there's nothing wrong with religion as a cocept. It's a nice system for many people. If their beliefs make them happy, then good for them. There is one exception I'm going to make here - I won't stand for anyone who's intolerant of others' beliefs. If you claim that you have the right to tell others what to believe, well then you give me the right to tell you what to believe. The only way that any one person can be guaranteed to have religious freedom is to give that right to all people. There's no way around it. By endorsing intolerance, you're effectively giving up your own religious freedoms, as well.

Also, people seem to have such a narrow-minded view of religion. Firstly, I don't know why so many people equate religion with the idea that people are afraid of what happens when they die. This is a relatively new concept, really, which primarily came up as a result of Christianity. Not all religions even believe in existence after death, much less heaven. Therefore, I believe it is inaccurate to say that all religious people are religious as a result of fear of death. Judaism is a good example - there really is no official Jewish belief about life after death, and the general concensus is that it does not exist.

There are many other reasons for having a religion, as well. Religion might offer insight on one's place in the universe. Where we fit in the big picture is a very important question, and religion can help in understanding. Prayer/meditation can help clear one's mind and provide comfort in times of stress. While religion is not necessary for this, it does provide a clear moral code by which one can live. And then there's the whole aspect of tradition. Some people simply follow a particular religion to honor the history of their people. And then there's things like holidays. I mean, sure, we've got secular holidays, but it's nice to have an excuse for friends and family to get together and have a good time. Finally, let's face it, many people grow up with a religion, and it can become an important aspect of who someone is. You can't just deny that of a person.

It just seems to me that people have a very biased view of religion, being that the primary religion most of us are exposed to is Christianity, and fundamentalist Christianity, at that (because fundamentalists are about the only ones who are getting up and yelling about it). The issue is very much more complex than most people make it out to be. We can have religion without stepping on others' beliefs, and in fact, I'd argue that's the only way religion can guarantee its continued existence. Of course, the real question is getting people to be tolerant.

Dart Zaidyer
12-01-2005, 06:37 PM

This is why atheism must also be abolished. Nobody to argue and commit sin.

Like that attitude? I thought not. Think about it before you put it out next time.

Starkist
12-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Of course, the real question is getting people to be tolerant.

Like you? You just want religious people to have their beliefs as long as they are not strong, life-altering beliefs.

MacWeirdo42
12-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Hey man, I just want to not have to worry about being burned at the stake or something for being "wrong." Maybe using your words you would describe intolerant people as having strong, life-altering beliefs... I tend to call it fanatacism. If your beliefs are so intense that you feel the need to force them upon others, I'd say you have issues.

Take the Islamic militants, for example. Or those so-called Christians that go around blowing up abortion clinics. That's what you get when beliefs go too far. Is that what you want? I sure as hell don't.