PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo 64DD

Dark Nation
11-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Anyone know where I could locate a 64DD for sale? It doesn't need to be working. In fact, I only need the case. Yes, I've looked on eBay. All I've seen so far is cartridges for a 64DD. Also, since I'm not ready to buy right now (just gathering information), I'd prefer a place that sells this kind of thing (64DD cases, for instance) regularly.

MottZilla
11-30-2005, 04:30 PM
You outta try to contact Inori, he's still in japan isn't he? Outside of asia even with the internet it's hard to find any 64DD stuff. You probably need to find someone in japan that can get you one.

Orion
11-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Do they even make those anymore? If they didn't, I would imagine it would be pretty hard to find a place that sells then, even if it was in Japan. I was always under the impression that it was a cataclysmic failure and they stoped producing those. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what do you need it for?

Warlock
11-30-2005, 10:38 PM
Do they even make those anymore? If they didn't, I would imagine it would be pretty hard to find a place that sells then, even if it was in Japan. I was always under the impression that it was a cataclysmic failure and they stoped producing those. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what do you need it for?

Considering the N64 hasn't been sold in about 5 years? I doubt it -_-

But yeah, I agree with Mott. You're probably more likely to find that stuff in Japan. Just because they stopped producing them doesn't mean there are not pawn shops and crap over there.

MottZilla
12-01-2005, 01:08 AM
Exactly. Japan has huge supplies of lots of japanese video game software and equipment. The N64DD wasn't a failure, just not very successful. Limited numbers were produced but the combination mixed with the low demand makes it possible to aqquire one, but you really have to be in asia.

Dark Nation
12-01-2005, 08:45 AM
I'm toying with the idea of a N64 PC. I figured that the 64DD would be a good place to put an external CD drive.

I've also been thinking about a SNES PC and thought that the Bandai Satellaview add-on would be a good CD drive holder.