PDA

View Full Version : The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (Remake)

VI3T_DR@GON
11-29-2005, 05:21 AM
Well, I am going to try it! I am going to clone A Link To The Past. I am going to need everyone's help with this masterpiece, so if you would like to help, please tell me, I am going to use Orion's ALttP Tileset. If you have a better one, also tell me. I need all the help I can ever get. Because I am canceling Final Destination for this.

Or it will be a quest using ALttP graphics! :laughing:

Thank you if you do help.

Dlbrooks33
11-29-2005, 08:10 AM
I would like to help, but I'm working on my Hero of the Past quest. But still, if there is any way i can help, pm me.

VI3T_DR@GON
12-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Ok well its gonna be a Lttp quest then...sob...and Dlbrooks33, could you help me with the dungeons? Its quite hard to make them. I made maps on paper, but its still hard to make it challenging.

Yuke blackhawk
12-03-2005, 01:27 AM
I'd like to help! tell me what you need help with! (i dont think you can make it EXACTLY like LttP but you can make it almost the same)

LavaBall
12-03-2005, 03:04 AM
Theres one exception you cant make Link into Rabbit cause this doesnt have that feature or atleast not yet but yeah I would want to know how this quest turns out,Could be one of the great quests that keep me playing for days I hope.

Dart Zaidyer
12-03-2005, 05:12 PM
I'll chime in on this.

Many have tried to make an LttP quest, and all have failed. It's a lot of work under ZC's current limitations, especially for an inexperienced designer.
I suggest you wait for 2.11, which has advances that will make an LttP quest a LOT more authentic. Plus, I'm working on an updated LttP graphics pack to take advantage of these features, and when it comes out you will definitely want to switch.
For a preview, you should take a look at this project (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=78&t=15080&) at PureZC.

VI3T_DR@GON
12-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Ok, I will wait. I have Lttp on game boy, so I can look around everywhere when I will make it. One thing...2.11 needs a program that lets you walk around for 2-4 screens, with out having to warp the second you get to the end of a screen. Like Lttp.

LavaBall
12-05-2005, 11:06 AM
And I just hope that 2.11 comes sooner*SIGH*
But hey the longer it stays the more the features

VI3T_DR@GON
12-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Yea, so keep up the good work! Whoever...that may be..or something...of that matter...

King Aquamentus
12-06-2005, 04:24 PM
I have some of Alttp's northern overworld (Lost woods, Death Mountain...) done in an LoZ tileset. It was mainly just an abandoned project, but I figure it might be worth something. I mean you will have to do plenty of tile replacement BUT: I had to look back and forth a lot between Zquest and an Alttp map and make many measurements to figure out what goes where (after all, the overworld in Alttp isn't exactly divided into a bunch of squares like LoZ.), so I can save you from having to do all the work of dividing the Lost woods and death mountain into screens. :)

Let me know if you'd like the file.

VI3T_DR@GON
12-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Sure! Ill have it...Oops, I didnt know he was banned...

Zim
06-06-2013, 02:28 PM
I have some of Alttp's northern overworld (Lost woods, Death Mountain...) done in an LoZ tileset. It was mainly just an abandoned project, but I figure it might be worth something. I mean you will have to do plenty of tile replacement BUT: I had to look back and forth a lot between Zquest and an Alttp map and make many measurements to figure out what goes where (after all, the overworld in Alttp isn't exactly divided into a bunch of squares like LoZ.), so I can save you from having to do all the work of dividing the Lost woods and death mountain into screens. :)

Let me know if you'd like the file.

You still have this? I would very much so like to have it!

King Aquamentus
06-06-2013, 06:11 PM
That post was made almost seven years ago, Zim.

No.

SUCCESSOR
06-07-2013, 01:43 AM
That post was made almost seven years ago, Zim.

No.

Because it never existed!!!

Zim
06-07-2013, 11:18 AM
I have most of the scripting done to do a LttP remake now though... So I did some forum browsing to see if anyone had actually tiled out any of the maps already and this was the only post someone said they actually replicated the screens. The other ones said they were going to do LttP, then said they were just using the tileset instead, and most of them were all years old, 2.1 and below eras even.

King Aquamentus
06-07-2013, 06:22 PM
It did exist, but only for the northern portion of the overworld. I offered it at the time and nobody was interested. Perhaps if AGN had taken more responsibility for its staff, someone would have the file today and be able to use it. There were many things I've lost between switching computers over the years and this was but one of them.

SUCCESSOR
06-08-2013, 03:41 AM
It did exist, but only for the northern portion of the overworld. I offered it at the time and nobody was interested. Perhaps if AGN had taken more responsibility for its staff, someone would have the file today and be able to use it. There were many things I've lost between switching computers over the years and this was but one of them.

LOL how is it AGN Staff's fault your file is gone?

Ventus
06-08-2013, 07:34 AM
I'm curious about how its the staffs fault too I mean how can you blame them when it was your file?.

King Aquamentus
06-09-2013, 11:16 PM
I didn't say it was, just that there was a potential connection.