PDA

View Full Version : playing

linkman652
11-28-2005, 08:34 PM
hey eveyone when i send in my game i want some to test it out for me. if there is anything wrong jest tell me and i'll fix it so I want to send it in soon.
:)

p.s. how long does it take for it to send in.

Freedom
11-28-2005, 11:52 PM
bug test it before submitting it

rocksfan13
11-29-2005, 08:36 AM
It would be a good idea for you to test it yourself, even though the outside eye can help as well. But listen to freedom and bug test it before you submit it. People won't want to play a bug ridden quest and they will let you know. I speak from experience.

My latest submission (Teenager's Quest) was loaded with bugs and the players let me know. Needless to say it really hasn't done too well.

However, if you take some of freedom's quests (Swan Song) awesome! (Castle Haunt 1 & 2) both awesome! and many more, he took the time to debug them and they exploded onto the halls of fame in ZC history!

The process doesn't take long. As long as it takes for you to fill it out. How long it takes to get into the quest database however, is a different story.

linkman652
11-29-2005, 06:28 PM
hey eveytime i want to try playing someones game it wont let me play it shows and icon on the destop but it wont let me play.

ps. how do u test for bug

DeFray
11-29-2005, 06:46 PM
For how to play custom quests, try (HERE (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=82947&page=2&pp=25)).

Bug testing basically just means you play your own quest over and over, making sure that everything is set up correctly. That means going through all the warps to make sure they're set up correctly, making sure all your secrets trigger when they're supposed to, testing to see if Link starts in an okay spot if you die and continue, making sure all your undercombos are correct, and so on.

When little things like that don't work properly it can make an otherwise good quest frustrating or even impossible to finish, causing people to get fed up with it. Many quests have a bug here and there, but you should work hard to try and make sure all the problems and bugs in your quest are taken care of before you submit it, because a quest full of bugs is REALLY annoying.