PDA

View Full Version : Dreams of Yesterday Help

Duidoro
11-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Ok, sorry if this is monumentally stupid of me, but how do I beat the big mushroom guy to get th glove early in the game? I can't find anyplace to stick my sword that works...

Brandon
11-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Boomerang should work.

Duidoro
11-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Pfft... thanks, I think the bane of my Zelda existence is that I never think of the boomerang as a boss weapon...

Duidoro
11-30-2005, 08:28 PM
Ok, stuck again. I got the bow from Error's Mansion, but there are still 2 locked doors there and I have no keys. Ideas?

Phazite
11-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Don't worry about those locked doors. They just have keys inside them.

oceansoul22
12-04-2005, 12:25 AM
Where's the LAST KEY in the Crystal Mines.

PS: I like this game A LOT but seriously when I beat it I think I'm going to create a walkthrough for it because everything is so difficult to figure out.

oceansoul22
12-04-2005, 03:15 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHH someone help lol

I really would like to know where the hell this key is. Odd thing though I visited every visible room on the map there's only one chest remaining and I cant get to it. It's surrounded but a large crystal on one side and several smaller ones the next room on the right. How do I access that chest?

Duidoro
12-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Ok, so does anyone know the solution to the Lost Hills?

ShadowTiger
12-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Lost hills are down right up up.

I think.

Duidoro
12-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Ok, I'm stuck for what to do next. I have the glove, flippers, and bow, and I can't figure out what to do next. Inside the excavation I seem to need more items to go forward. I got through the lost hills, but at five hearts I seem to be seriously ill equipped to survive up there. Any thoughts?

oceansoul22
12-04-2005, 09:59 PM
You sorta have to tough it out through the lost hills even though I think you SHOULD have 6 hearts at that point. Oh and buy a lvl 2 sword and shield so you can kill things faster and block the projectiles from the creatures up there. But that is the way to go!

bigboylink
12-04-2005, 10:29 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHH someone help lol

I really would like to know where the hell this key is. Odd thing though I visited every visible room on the map there's only one chest remaining and I cant get to it. It's surrounded but a large crystal on one side and several smaller ones the next room on the right. How do I access that chest?

The chest you're referring to has a heart piece, and you'll need the axe to get rid of those crystals in the way.

I'm not sure which key you're missing, but you can acquire 3 of them before you unlock the first lock. Here's where they are:

Obviously, this is a spoiler, so I'm putting this in white text:

1. From the first room with Like Likes and Blue Goiaras, go right and bomb the crytal to reveal the path - you'll eventually fight an aquamentus dragon to get the key.

2. In the basement, there's a flooded room with the strong bats flying around. You can walk through one of the walls here.

3. From the first room with Like Likes and Blue Goiaras, go left, down, left, and push a block to reveal a staircase. In the room where you appear, you can walk through the wall on the right.

4. After you unlock the first 2 doors, there's a room with spikes and red darknuts that has a key.

Duidoro
12-05-2005, 07:07 PM
So I've made it into the Dream Eater city and got the whistle, what else is here and where do I go next?

(BTW thanks to everyone for being so helpful.)

oceansoul22
12-08-2005, 07:54 PM
After obtaining the whistle you should go back to Mudora's Muck and find the Toad to enter the first nightmare area. This is the first level and from here on in the dungeons get crazy

oceansoul22
12-11-2005, 02:14 PM
Holy CRAP!

The Storm Tower is I-N-S-A-N-E

Who in the world managed to beat this game?

C-Dawg
12-11-2005, 11:48 PM
I think four people have, in the last five years.

-C

oceansoul22
12-12-2005, 05:01 AM
Yeah that's rather comforting
:odd:

Just because I think it would be a good idea, would you mind if someone created a walkthrough for this???? Oh and is the "wind" effect you added in the tower supposed to be "that" difficult to maneuver around?

oceansoul22
12-12-2005, 06:14 AM
Where's the Relic stone for the Storm Tower?

freshbread
01-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Lost hills are down right up up.

I think.
Nope, think its down up right up :)

freshbread
01-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Buy the level 2 sword? So then I must have missed the wallet upgrade somewhere? Where do I get that as I'm now fiddling around crystal valley and desert town and still don't have it. (btw found the lv2 sword somewhere else for free)

shpedoinkle
02-20-2006, 03:00 AM
I need to know where to go next.
I have the lv. 1 glove, bow, flippers, lv. 2 sword and shield and just finished the dam level.
I know I am supposed to go up into the lost hills but when i navigate the maze portion it seems i need the lv. 2 glove to proceed to the dream eaters (the stairs at the far left portion of the hills are blocked by two dark stones).
Any help?

bigboylink
02-20-2006, 04:17 AM
In the mountains, the stairs you see at the far left of the screen can be accessed if you can pop out of the cave on that screen. So where's the other side of that cave? Also in the mountains. At some point after you get through the lost hills maze, you'll find a ladder taking you down to a cave entrance that can be bombed. Work your way through the cave, and you'll be alright. Remember to kill all of the enemies! Have fun.

EDIT: I would like to play this quest again sometime, but I'll only do it with the 152 beta. I've lost my copy, and it's not available on zeldaclassic.com. ANyone have a link? Thanks.

System Error
02-20-2006, 05:29 AM
I think four people have, in the last five years.

-C

Well, I'm halfway through the final dungeon. I hate those NSEW gates, but have gotten through just fine. But the computer I'm playing the game on is buggy right now, and the one I use for everything else likes to freeze often when playing Zelda Classic. :P

bigboylink
02-20-2006, 04:32 PM
That last dungeon is haaarrrrd, even when you're fully equipped (I can't imagine doing it with anything less). Hope your computer allows you to finish it.

jman2050
02-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Hard is an understatement. I'm so tempted to lessen the difficulty a bit, but I yield to C-Dawg and his preference. He wanted it to be a 'final' dungeon, and that's exactly what we got, for better or for worse ^_^

C-Dawg
02-24-2006, 10:11 AM
Yea. My design philosophy is that finishing the game should be incredibly difficult. I don't like these newfangled games where the final boss (say, Exdeath), who is supposed to be an Earth-ending event, is weaker than some random wandering sidequest you don't even have to finish (say, Omega Weapon). The whole reason the final boss is the final boss should be that he or she IS the most dangerous threat.

-C

jman2050
02-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Well, I at least hope the last level of a certain quest you should be finishing isn't as mind-numbingly difficult, though knowing you it might be moreso.

*hinthintwinkwinkhowsSDgoing?*

C-Dawg
02-27-2006, 02:34 PM
I think I've edited two screens in the last year, honestly. Still a work in progress. Never fear, though, it will be done someday.

-C