PDA

View Full Version : Mario Classic?

cbailey78
11-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Now that there is a number 1 program called Zelda Classic that is user friendly that you can make your own classic Zelda 1 quests! Now, shouldn't there be a number 1 program like Mario Classic that you can do the same thing you can make your own mario 1 adventures? That would be so cool if there is that progam that would be similar to Zelda Classic!

Gerudo
11-26-2005, 09:26 PM
there was a program like that at one point and time called "Multi-Mario". As far as I know, it has been discontinued.

At this time, I don't know of any program that fits that bill other than romhacking.

cbailey78
11-26-2005, 10:23 PM
That is too bad that I found out that Multi-Mario did die couple years back. We could of had alot more expert developers taking over that project just like Sludge handed over Multi-Mario to Nightmare to keep it from discontinuing after Nightmare couldn't handle the coding. If that would of happened, Multi-Mario would of been fully developed and everyone would of enjoyed it for a lifetime!

Speaking of Romhacking, It sucks when it comes to NES memory limitations especially in Read-Only memories that in romhacking like YY-Mario Editor, You can't add blocks, enemies and levels etc. What's funny is back in 2001 after I got bored enough on Zelda Classic, I was surfing for a mario classic like program and I came across an Accmlm's Rom Hacking website and saw the screenshots of the modified SMB1 levels and I was drooling for that! After I downloaded the YY-Mario Editor, opened it up and it and an open dialog box asking for an *.nes file! I looked and looked and looked for that *.nes file and got NO luck! I learned that it was an NES rom! I was so frustrated as heck and I thought it was an adventure file like *.qst file for example. I almost had to kick my computer out my window because of the frustration lol!

It is too bad that there is no such thing is a Mario Classic like program that you can do the same thing with Zelda Classic. The expert developers in this world should get on the ball making a program like it. :-D

Darth Marsden
11-27-2005, 05:36 AM
I know of several Sonic ROM hackers that kinda resemble Zelda Quest (Tile Editor, etc) - hell, I've even dabbled in them myself. But sadly no Mario tools.

Dart Zaidyer
11-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Lunar Magic (http://fusoya.panicus.org/lm/) is the last answer in Super Mario World hacking. It does everything. In fact, it's easy enough to use that it has a robust user base ranging from horrible newbies to savvy experts.
For a clear-cut example of its power, try the "Demo World: The Legend Continues" hack also on that site.

cbailey78
11-27-2005, 09:28 PM
The part you can't do in lunar magic is you cannot edit tiles for blocks. How did FuSoYa customize the appearance of the blocks and made like a brick combo that you can break from below when mario is big??? I tried everything to make that combo like it and no luck!

Dart Zaidyer
11-27-2005, 11:25 PM
The graphics themselves can be swapped out in Lunar Magic if you know how to do it. To change the behavior of a block, you need Block Tool, which is a separate program.
You can check around ROM hacking boards like Acmlm's (http://board.acmlm.org/) for more info and useful links.

cbailey78
11-27-2005, 11:57 PM
Could you direct me to that program called block tool so I don't have to spend hours looking for it, thank you!

Edit: Oh never mind, I found it! Thanks in advance!