PDA

View Full Version : What were you like as a child?

ShadowTiger
11-22-2005, 03:26 PM
I'll bet this is the first time anyone on AGN has ever started a "what were ... " topic like this.

So, .. quite simply, .. what were you like as a child? Were you generally a timid person? Have you changed much? (In personality type, I mean. :p XD )

Archibaldo
11-22-2005, 03:36 PM
I was uber shy. If I went any where with a friend. I would stick to him like glue as to not get lost or something. I'm still kinda the same. If I go somewhere with a friend, like a party or something I usually hang around them

ShadowTiger
11-22-2005, 04:07 PM
I was uber shy. If I went any where with a friend. I would stick to him like glue as to not get lost or something. I'm still kinda the same. If I go somewhere with a friend, like a party or something I usually hang around themI am -EXACTLY- The same way. ... Occasionally though, I'll break free to explore. I was always an explorer. I liked to see what there was to see, and go where there were no fences, ... ... I think I'm still pretty much like that. I always favored places where there weren't any people, like the beach, or forests, ... it was a nice little childhood. I was VERY overprotected though. I really wish I hadn't been.

Daarkseid
11-22-2005, 04:32 PM
I was a selfish, loud, greedy piece of shit who resorted to manipulative behavior to get his way. Now I live a life of intense guilt over my disgraceful behavior and the people who were inconvenienced or otherwise wronged by my actions.

biggiy05
11-22-2005, 04:51 PM
I was an extremely quiet and shy child growing up. I was very quiet at school, I know that around 5th grade I wasn't AS shy as I was in the past but still very shy. I had a good friend for a while and we eventually drifted apart.

I am still shy but nothing like what I was. I am shy around girls sometimes but now I am a really random person in public places. I am far from quiet these days.

Glitch
11-22-2005, 05:12 PM
I was fat, shy, and quiet. Now I'm skinny, loud, and don't give a flying fuck.

firebug
11-22-2005, 05:22 PM
I was a rather selfish, mean-spirited, untrusting child. For quite awhile I was convinced that I was the only real thing in the universe, and 'all this' was some kind of experiment being done on me. In fact, I've always kind of felt like this was something happening TO me, as opposed to me being a part of something happening. Incidentally, I spent a lot of my time not interacting with other kids and reading a lot of books. I had a few friends, but I was never really one of the popular kids. I got into quite alot of fights because I percieved (sp?) that I'd been done wrong, and I needed to 'get even'.
I had some pretty shitty stuff happen to me when I was real young, and I know that's not much of an excuse, but at least it's a bit of an explanation.
Thankfully, I've grown some emotionally. I try to be as amiable as possible, but don't deny the fact that I am an asshole. heh. I'm well over the idea that I may be the only one to exist, and am now in awe that we can all communicate so well and keep this world running so (semi) smoothly when each and every one of us is a separate universe in of ourselves.

biggiy05
11-22-2005, 06:08 PM
I was fat, shy, and quiet. Now I'm skinny, loud, and don't give a flying fuck.

Now your way too skinny and it's unhealthy. :D You hardly ever gave a flying fuck back then.

Glitch
11-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Now your way too skinny and it's unhealthy. :D You hardly ever gave a flying fuck back then.

Actually no. I'm very fit and healthy now. This is the best physical condition I have ever been in. But I was way too skinny there for a while.

Darth Marsden
11-22-2005, 06:16 PM
I was an extremely quiet and shy child growing up. I was very quiet at school, I know that around 5th grade I wasn't AS shy as I was in the past but still very shy.Same here. I haven't changed much in that regard. I never was a people person though. I just have trouble opening up. I'm less 'afraid' of going places on my own then I was - I used to be terrified of going somewhere new. I guess we've all had that phase at some point though.

Also, when I was young, I sorta liked dogs. I don't anymore - can't stand to be around them. Not sure why. Cats, on the other hand, I've always loved.

I was also blonde. I honestly cannot imagine myself with light hair anymore, and nor would I want to. I'm happy with darker shades.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
11-22-2005, 08:16 PM
See Glitch =D

Oh, and I used to cling to my mom a LOT.

Machiavelli
11-22-2005, 08:42 PM
I was mischievous and mean but fun and playful. And curious...I broke many of my mom’s things. I was a little spoiled, mostly by my uncles (my friends tell me I'm spoiled now, but I don't believe them). I wasn't shy when I was younger, but I didn't just talk to random people. I think I got shy (or relatively shy) when I started school in America. I was a fighter when I was younger too. I was six getting into fights with my cousins who were around ten. I take a lot more to make me fighting mad now. I can be really apathetic now, but I think that started when I was younger because of how my family was/is. I had a dog and a cat in Trinidad but I was never really big on animals. A car hit the cat and the dog bit a poisonous frog, so they're both dead now.

erm...not sure what else to say...

*b*
11-22-2005, 08:51 PM
I was a pain in the ass, who got picked on a lot. now I'm a bigger pain in the ass, but I don't get picked on, because I don't know anybody

Lilith
11-22-2005, 09:18 PM
I was ugly, very-"out-there" and very very angry/violent tendencies/moodiness. Aka I was a fuckup and it took awhile to tone down.

biggiy05
11-22-2005, 10:09 PM
Actually no. I'm very fit and healthy now. This is the best physical condition I have ever been in. But I was way too skinny there for a while.

I was making fun of what everyone kept saying for a while.

algam86
11-22-2005, 11:00 PM
Let's see...I was pretty quiet, shy, usually preferred staying at home and playing video games. I qwas kind of annoying because I jumped around while playing them. Sometimes I was patient, sometimes I hurled stuff across the room. I actually had quite a few friends at school.
Now...well, except for being more of a jerk, I'm pretty much the same. I'm fat, and I don't jump anymore, though. I can't hurl anything else because they're all disks, so I got a dartboard. Oh yeah, and I'm actually a semi-okay artist.

King Aquamentus
11-23-2005, 01:09 AM
I was terrible. i was selfish, spoiled, and I always tended to "solve" my bully(and other) problems with a fight.

...don't get me wrong, I had my good moments, and I was quite enjoyable most of the time.
Back then, just like now, Video games were an obsession. I like to think that part of the reason I turned out okay was because I always wanted to be a hero, like Link. those negative factors are definetely gone now...

Brasel
11-23-2005, 02:24 PM
When I was a kid, I was shy, but I wanted attention from my loved ones constantly, I was a bit of a show off, and I still am. I used to get picked on constantly, and I didn't want anyone to not like me, so I always just took the abuse and never stood up for myself. I was whiney and bitchy as well. I was, however, pretty mature for my age.

I've grown up a lot in the past two years. I was pretty much the same as I was as a younger kid up until I went to college. I fell apart in college and was just really a shell of a person until I joined the Army.

Now I'm much more confident, stand up for what I believe in, and I don't bitch and complain about the shit life serves me as much as I used to. Some people say I bottle up my emotions, and I guess I do to an extent. Whatever.

Rainman
11-24-2005, 02:49 AM
I had a bit of a temper problem as a kid. I got into trouble every once in a while because of it. I had a pretty good childhood, but there were a few family issues going on that made me a little messed up. I was always good at school, but I never liked it very much. I spent most of the time wishing I was home playing. I shut down a lot socially near the end of elementary school when a few awkward social situations made me basically give up. I didn't start trying to turn that around until the middle of high school.

jessethe2nd
11-24-2005, 02:59 AM
Errogent, immature, lazy, helpful, smartass. Me as a child in a nutshell.

sagelink
11-24-2005, 11:49 PM
Hmm. Shy, i suppose. My how times change.

moocow
11-25-2005, 12:22 AM
I don't remember, it was too long ago.

Apparently, my mom says I was a brat.

Dechipher
11-25-2005, 01:20 AM
I was unpopular at school. Weird as hell. Depending on what school I was at, some kids shunned me, some kids like me. In fourth grade I hung with the popular kids. From 7th on I was in the same school. No one liked me and I was annoying as hell. I got a lot better in High School, though I have been unaware of my social status until this year, when I finally realized that no one gives a fuck what happened in middle school and now I'm fine, socially.

I've got a fucked up view on the world, and at 17, I'm still considered a kid. I wonder what I'll be saying when I'm 30....

Brasel
11-26-2005, 12:12 AM
I've got a fucked up view on the world, and at 17, I'm still considered a kid. I wonder what I'll be saying when I'm 30.... Don't worry, I still consider myself a kid and I'm 21, and look where I'm at. It's all really about life experience and how mature you act. Thats what determines whether you are a man yet or not.

Master Ghaleon
11-26-2005, 01:31 PM
I was shy around girls and of course lazy like Im still am ;) I still pretty much act the way how I am now as when I was a kid.

Dark Knight
11-26-2005, 02:12 PM
I was an egotistic asshole and had a horrible temper. Now, I'm the opposite for the most part though my temper still gets the better of me sometimes.

copsgotguns
11-26-2005, 08:13 PM
i was a fat, short, overall ugly kid yet i had many girls who were friends. then puberty hit, grew 1 foot, lost weight and got not so bad looking. but since then i have a paralyzing fear of the opposite sex.

Sute
11-28-2005, 11:30 PM
To people I didn't know I was shy and kept to myself. But to close people I was more out going. I loved to play outside, and uh, I don't know. I like my computers.

Verman
11-30-2005, 12:24 PM
One of those run around screaming and playing with fake guns kid...that was me. Now I don't run around but I quite enjoy yelling and screaming.