PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone suggest some good MIDIs?

ZeldaLord
11-21-2005, 07:16 PM
I'm really lacking many good midis at the moment, and I'm sure at least some of you must know some that I've missed. :)

I'm sure you all know what a pain it is to wade through the vastness that is VGMusic, just to find a few good quality midis for a quest (in fact, I myself have spent almost an hour at a time searching on there), and to my knowledge, there aren't many other sites out there with good music for quests (and if there are, I haven't found them yet).

So the idea is this: just post any midis you think would be good in a quest, and what they'd be good for.

Know an exceptionally good rendition of the Zelda overworld theme? Or a little known midi that would make a good dungeon theme? Post it here. ;)

ShadowTiger
11-21-2005, 10:33 PM
... ... ... Ooyyyyyy. -_- ... ... Okay. In order to request a suggestion for a Midi, you'll have to be -A LOT- more specific than that. ;) If you ask for a good rendition of the overworld theme, it really wouldn't be much help if I linked you to literally hundreds of midis to choose from, now would it! :p

Instead, describe the following:

1) Terrain Type and Density.
2) Mood. Happy? Sad? Boring? Trivial? Dramatic? Dynamic?
3) How Late In The Game Is It?
4) Is It An "Easy" Area Or A "Hard" Area?
5) How Many Midis Are You Looking For? Why?

TrekkiesUnite
01-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Could someone send me some links to LTTP Midi files that actually sound good, I found some earlier but they sounded kinda trashy.

Zelda Master
01-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Could someone send me some links to LTTP Midi files that actually sound good, I found some earlier but they sounded kinda trashy.
hmm, i found some good music here (http://gh.ffshrine.org) (midis/mp3s) of games.:D ;)

firefly
01-03-2006, 01:24 AM
WOW :ooh: , I wasn't searching for music, it has a lot of mp3s and good midis.

koopa
01-03-2006, 12:27 PM
There's the video game music archive (http://vgmusic.com/) which has Zelda midi's and 'remixes' of them.

Zelda_Warrior
01-13-2006, 07:11 PM
the thing with 2.10 is using mp3s all the sudden since alternative music, or, 't music' can be used now.

to get it to work just get some mp3s, go into the dmap settings and go into a dmap, select an mp3, and to get it to play the music have the external .mp3 in the same directory as the quest.

im starting to go the .mp3 way

im pretty sure you already knew how to do this but im just pointing it out

Rakki
01-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Hmmm... I have a remix of the LoZ overworld theme in mind, but I need to talk to someone about it first... I also have to actually MAKE it first. :p Anyway, if I do make it, and decide to let people use it, I'll link you to it.

ZeldaLord
01-15-2006, 05:35 PM
Why don't we have a topic for MIDI edits? I'm not too good, but I'm sure some of you must be, and there are MANY midis out there that can be improved.

Rakki
01-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Why don't we have a topic for MIDI edits? I'm not too good, but I'm sure some of you must be, and there are MANY midis out there that can be improved.
Amen to that. The number one thing I always hate about midis is when the drums are BOOMINGLY louder than the rest of the song. It kind of ruins it for me when all I can hear is "BANG bang bang bang BANG bang bang bang." Or even worse (which I heard in a Geruto Valley remix once), "BANG BA-BANG BA-BANG BA, BANG BA-BANG BA-BANG BA..."

But yes, that sounds like it'd be a cool topic.

Freedom
01-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Amen to that. The number one thing I always hate about midis is when the drums are BOOMINGLY louder than the rest of the song. It kind of ruins it for me when all I can hear is "BANG bang bang bang BANG bang bang bang." Or even worse (which I heard in a Geruto Valley remix once), "BANG BA-BANG BA-BANG BA, BANG BA-BANG BA-BANG BA..."

But yes, that sounds like it'd be a cool topic.

You can use anvil studio and reduce the volume of any or all of the instriments. ;)

Binx
02-27-2006, 03:42 PM
hmm, i found some good music here (http://gh.ffshrine.org) (midis/mp3s) of games.:D ;)i wnt here, but the midi they had for the clock tower stage in castlevania 4 wasnt complete, I know I had it at one point, if anyone knows which zc quest had it... that would help, too, considering that's where i found the full version the first time...