PDA

View Full Version : Someone explain Wario Stadium to me

AtmaWeapon
11-21-2005, 11:41 AM
Out of all the tracks in MKDS, right now the most annoying to me is Wario Stadium. This is the only track I cannot find a really good line around, mainly because of the final turn.

You should know the one I'm talking about. First, you go up the hill with the 3 boost strips on it, then you go over 2 medium-sized hills, then you go over 4 small hills followed by a sharp curve with mud along the outside edge.

The trouble is, I can't seem to get an inside line on that curve. No matter which character I pick, I always end up close to the mud. I've watched and studied the staff ghost and have even tried jumping at the same places with the same character and kart and I cannot hug that corner as tight as the staff ghost. I spent 25 minutes last night doing nothing but trying that turn.

It's really frustrating. I'm short about 4-5 seconds from beating the staff ghost, and this curve is probably the cause of at least a second per lap for me.

What am I missing about the turn? How do you get a tight inside line from off of those hills?

vegeta1215
11-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Is this the Wario Stadium track from Mario Kart 64 or a new Wario Stadium track?

Tygore
11-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Is this the Wario Stadium track from Mario Kart 64 or a new Wario Stadium track?
Out of all the tracks in MKDS Vegita wins at Reading. :D

Personally, I find it tricky too. I try to be in mid power-slide before I hit the jumps, and release directly after the last one. I'll play it again later and try to sharpen my memory.

Saffith
11-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Vegita wins at Reading. :DConsidering that three of the tracks in MKDS are taken from MK64, I'd say it was a perfectly reasonable question.

To which the answer, incidentally, is that it's a new track.

vegeta1215
11-21-2005, 05:25 PM
I hadn't read anything about which tracks were included from the old MK games _in_ MKDS, that's why I asked.

goKi
11-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Try very quickly releasing the throttle at the 3rd bump, then turning into a slide. That works pretty well.

Tygore
11-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Considering that three of the tracks in MKDS are taken from MK64
Four. Moo Moo Farm, Frappe Snowland, Banshee Boardwalk, and Choco Mountain.

Sorry, I'm in a corrective mood today.